Go Back   ZEFRANK.COM - message board > FICTION PROJECT
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 190 votes, 4.96 average. Display Modes
Old 12-27-2007, 04:31 AM   #2881
Pixie Cherries
I can benchpress 300 oz.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trisherina View Post
Wittol: By the makers of a popular nighttime liquid cold medicine, this over-the-counter preparation renders you as hilarious as you thought lemon gin did at age sixteen.
For "medicinal purposes", of course.

I forgot to mention that I chose "wittol" because "aichmorhabdophobia", or a fear of being beaten with a pointed stick, was too hard to type. Now, there is one cruel bit of interdigitation. Interdigitation, of course means "typing".

There are two fine contenders here for "wittol". Must have more...
Old 12-27-2007, 11:41 AM   #2882
Marcus Bales

Location: In a coign of the cliff between lowland and highland, at the sea-down's edge between windward and lee, walled round with rocks as an inland island, the ghost of a garden fronts the sea.
wittol - slang for aichmorabdophobia, or fear of being beaten by the dictionary game judge's erudition.

Several of the frequent players of the Dictionary Game suffered from wittol, though they all, of course, claimed it was rather that they were busy over the holiday season.
Old 12-27-2007, 04:04 PM   #2883
funkytuba
Spone to Proonerisms

wittol -- to commune and familiar with animals

Joe decided in the stable that he liked the rams best of all--his wittol stretched even to imagining what it would be like to wear their horns
Old 12-27-2007, 05:34 PM   #2884
T.I.P.
balancing actor

wittol - popular Carpathian snack made with chopped bat, potato and cardamon seeds. The mixture is served on a stick.

It's a tough trek to get up up there, but the wittol is to die for.
T.I.P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2007, 03:17 AM   #2885
Anna
n

wittol - Bronx road kill.
Anna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2007, 06:58 AM   #2886
Pixie Cherries
I can benchpress 300 oz.

Judge is pleased. With a wittol bit of luck we'll get a couple more and then announce a winner.

As a convenience I am including this form letter should anyone disagree with my results. You are free to alter it as you wish. However, it will not change anything.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Judge Pixiecherries,

Thank you for posting the dictionary game results. After careful consideration, I regret to inform you that I am unable to accept your refusal to accept my definition of the word "wittol".

I have been particularly fortunate in receiving an unusually large number of rejections in this game. Due my long history of losing and the current egg shell like fragility of my ego, it is impossible for me to accept your refusal.

Despite your outstanding skills of erudition and discernment, I find that your rejection does not meet my needs at this time. Therefore, I will assume the position of judge in the next round despite your choice. I look forward to whipping you with a sharp pointed stick, thus bringing you into a foaming frenzy of pure aichmorabdophobia.

Best of luck in rejecting future applicants.

Sincerely,

xxxxxxx

Last edited by Pixie Cherries : 12-28-2007 at 07:19 AM.
Pixie Cherries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2007, 03:21 AM   #2887
Brynn
constantly amazed

wittol n. - a final duel of wits between one who has fancied himself to be a "wit" and one who truly is one.

At the annual New Year's Eve Candlelight Soiree, Blanche found herself oddly but undeniably attracted to short, balding Ben after watching him demolish her detested ex in an impromptu wittol over the use of the word "aichmorabdophobia" over by the Cards N' Caviar Table.
Brynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2007, 04:31 AM   #2888
Pixie Cherries
I can benchpress 300 oz.

Thank you everyone for playing this game. I am honored to have tried it. All kidding aside there were some really great definitions.

Kaskeens: "Yes, I have risen to return to the board to once again claim my place among the losers of this game" and "Wittol-What uncle jed and jethro use to do on the front porch with their pocket knives."

This answer was great because it suits Uncle Jed and Jethro. It was also great because the first part reminded me of the Ultimate Rejection Letter that I adapted. I may be a bit shakey in the wit department, but I know how to plagarize good material. Thank you Kaskeens for inspiring that. It was fun. But I think there is another definition I like more.

Marcus - you always shine verbally. I must resist giving it to you because I enjoy your writing so much. It might be biased.

Anna, as much as I like you I don't speak Bronx, so I missed any underlying humor. It's not you. It's me.

That leaves Trisherina. Wittol: By the makers of a popular nighttime liquid cold medicine, this over-the-counter preparation renders you as hilarious as you thought lemon gin did at age sixteen.

I love this.

And TIP: wittol - popular Carpathian snack made with chopped bat, potato and cardamon seeds. The mixture is served on a stick. It's a tough trek to get up up there, but the wittol is to die for.

I want to go there and if you are offering field trips for the group count me in.

Funky Tuba: wittol -- to commune and familiar with animals. Joe decided in the stable that he liked the rams best of all--his wittol stretched even to imagining what it would be like to wear their horns.

My brother's name is Joe and he has a Viking helmet. That makes it a bit spooky, but I love your definition.

And finally, Brynn. wittol n. - a final duel of wits between one who has fancied himself to be a "wit" and one who truly is one.

At the annual New Year's Eve Candlelight Soiree, Blanche found herself oddly but undeniably attracted to short, balding Ben after watching him demolish her detested ex in an impromptu wittol over the use of the word "aichmorabdophobia" over by the Cards N' Caviar Table.

Brynn. I love this most of all. It is more than a definition. It is almost a movie of the week. There is Blanche at the elegant New Year's Eve Soiree. She is radiant. She is single, and perhaps not looking... But then she finds an odd, yet undeniable attraction to the wonderfully bright, but folically challenged Ben. Ben is built a bit close to the ground, but he evens the difference with her ex by the adept use of wittol. And not only was he using wittol, but he wittoled the big word while standing near cards and caviar. There is a man of true stature. The detested ex was, of course, focused on his own wonderfulness while Ben wittoled away.

Very good my dear. It is epic. You win.

Pixie

PS. By the way there is a definition for the word. It is a real word that describes a man who meekly accepts his wife's adultery and stays with her. I thought that was a sad definition and wanted to give it something better. In all I think we did that several times over. Thanks everyone.

Last edited by Pixie Cherries : 12-29-2007 at 04:59 AM.
Old 12-29-2007, 05:38 AM   #2889
Brynn
constantly amazed

Why thank you, Pixie Cherries! That is very sad indeed, though. That definition is a whole movie. well, several movies. Good thing that your screen name always makes me happy again.
And it's a good thing I am home all alone for the rest of the weekend, ready to devote myself to waiting for definitions for a new word and then devote myself to avoiding judging for as long as possible. All by myself. Nothing to do but clean the house and judge the dictionary game and wait for the rest of the family to come home from their fabulous ski vacation without me because I....

1. hurt my back and couldn't ski (actually just an excuse because the weather on Mt. Batchelor was blizzardy and miserable and I'd rather be basking on a beach anyway. My back is fine now but I'm trying to milk the sympathy).

2. had scheduled a dental appointment to have my teeth cleaned on the next-to-last day of fabulous ski vacation with the inlaws, so I left early, mostly because my insurance runs out Dec. 1st, but also to preserve civil relations with the inlaws after five glorious days already of close Christmas togetherness...

3. to clean the house thoroughly before my brother-in-law comes to stay till New Year's. He's fastidious and complains to other family members. He also purposely leaves the toilet seat up to honor some kind of sacred 43-year-old bachelor principle in spite of polite requests not to

4. to listen non-stop to sad violins playing at the pity party that is my current situation of heartbreaking loneliness and fear of the unknown.

So yes, I'd be delighted to judge. Thank you. Here's a new word:
Old 12-29-2007, 05:47 AM   #2890
Brynn
constantly amazed

phobanthropy
Old 12-29-2007, 05:49 AM   #2891
Brynn
constantly amazed

judging soon....
Old 12-29-2007, 06:20 AM   #2892
funkytuba
Spone to Proonerisms

phobanthropy --the generous and unselfish feeding of hot beef soup to large, shaggy-furred quadrupeds
Old 12-29-2007, 06:49 AM   #2893
Pixie Cherries
I can benchpress 300 oz.

&hearts

Last edited by Pixie Cherries : 12-29-2007 at 06:58 AM.
Old 12-29-2007, 06:54 AM   #2894
Brynn
constantly amazed

I think we've got a winner here!

Funkytuba - You may very well have won the Winner's Trophy and a year's supply of dogfood for:

phobanthropy --the generous and unselfish feeding of hot beef soup to large, shaggy-furred quadrupeds.

Not too hot, I hope!
Waiting for one more entry in order to establish the Coveted Second Place and to reveal the true meaning...but I think you've got it sewn up, funkymonkey...
Old 12-29-2007, 06:56 AM   #2895
Brynn
constantly amazed

Well, shiver me timbers, I think Pixie Cherries and I double-posted.
Now I have to re-think everything. Sorry funky...

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: