ZEFRANK.COM - message board  

Go Back   ZEFRANK.COM - message board > FICTION PROJECT
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 190 votes, 4.96 average. Display Modes
Old 03-08-2006, 01:06 AM   #1231
trisherina
meretricious dilettante

kathenotheism Seen mostly in young unmarried adult men, a tendency to speak of one's quite ordinary mother using tones of reverence and awe.
Old 03-08-2006, 04:50 AM   #1232
madasacutsnake
no more nice girl

kathenotheism to worship at the temple of modern hedonism while wearing high waisted jeans and having frizzy hair which you call "pretty". Involves many trips to the local mall in the car which the devotee never refers to as "the car" rather as "the Ativa" "the Echo" etc - see also the term brand wh*re
Old 03-08-2006, 06:47 AM   #1233
12"razormix

kathenotheism

chain gang mentality

After 20 years at the South Carolina CCI, Lenny had trouble adjusting to life as a free man. Like an illness, his kathenotheism followed him everywhere. His impressive build and poor posture did nothing to improve this predicament either. On several occasions he returned from his outings with a swollen black eye because, once again, his behaviour had been misinterpreted by concerned citizens or families peacefully waiting in line to buy a movie ticket.
12"razormix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 01:32 PM   #1234
dinzdale
King of the patns

kathenotheism n.

The ESP ability to levitate cats.
dinzdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 02:12 PM   #1235
daverbee
Key Lime Pie rocks!!!

Judging tonight after dinner. Any other entries?
Old 03-08-2006, 07:09 PM   #1236
Coffee
Cheeses Save

Kathenotheism n.

The irrational, and thus perfectly valid belief that Brian Eno's birth name was Kathy.
Coffee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 07:44 PM   #1237
dddrum
Amateur Human

kathenotheism n. - the belief that God rethideth inthide a gambling fathility.
Old 03-08-2006, 09:36 PM   #1238
kaskeens

kathenotheism

kathenotheism-describing what happens when a nun leaves the sister-hood, she commits a kathenotheism. This can better be explained by the nun who once told me I could kiss her, as long as I didn't get in the habit!
kaskeens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2006, 11:16 AM   #1239
xfox
slightly effective

kathenotheism means whatever Kathy wants, Kathy gets.
xfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2006, 01:11 PM   #1240
daverbee
Key Lime Pie rocks!!!

OK, judging tonight, for sure. Really...I promise...
Old 03-09-2006, 10:02 PM   #1241
daverbee
Key Lime Pie rocks!!!

Okey-dokey!

kathenotheism Polytheism in which each god is considered single and supreme.

Which, I have to assume, means heaven is a giant singles bar in which unattached gods try and make intimate contact with each other.

Winner of the "I Would Almost Believe This To Be True If I
Didn't Already Know The Actual Definition Award" goes to Marcus for:

kathenotheism -- a religion of the Kathen people, a pre-Islamic semi-nomadic ethnic group indigenous to the Kathen region of what is now southern China north of Tibet, the faith embodies the principles of a self-sufficient social group. Its two primary principles of Siari (Competition) and Maristia (Hospitality) ensure the societys progress through competition, and its survival through co-operation. Additional notions such as Nong (honor) and Bedel (retribution) are open to interpretation as the social needs and the collective perception of the group change with regard to circumstances.

The "I've Seen Those People At The Mall Before Award" goes to Snake for:

kathenotheism to worship at the temple of modern hedonism while wearing high waisted jeans and having frizzy hair which you call "pretty". Involves many trips to the local mall in the car which the devotee never refers to as "the car" rather as "the Ativa" "the Echo" etc - see also the term brand wh*re

Winner of the The "Nun Jokes Are Always Good For A Chuckle Award" goes to Kaskeens for:

kathenotheism-describing what happens when a nun leaves the sister-hood, she commits a kathenotheism. This can better be explained by the nun who once told me I could kiss her, as long as I didn't get in the habit!

Dinz gets the "Now That Would Be A Useful Superpower Award" for:

kathenotheism n.

The ESP ability to levitate cats.

xfox has apparently had some troubles like this before and wins the "Henpecked Award" by giving us:

kathenotheism means whatever Kathy wants, Kathy gets.

12" gets the "A little Bit Too Close To Reality Award" for:

kathenotheism

chain gang mentality

After 20 years at the South Carolina CCI, Lenny had trouble adjusting to life as a free man. Like an illness, his kathenotheism followed him everywhere. His impressive build and poor posture did nothing to improve this predicament either. On several occasions he returned from his outings with a swollen black eye because, once again, his behaviour had been misinterpreted by concerned citizens or families peacefully waiting in line to buy a movie ticket.

Ichi-San wins the "I Knew A Guy Who Had A Katarina Witt Obsession Award" for:

kathenotheism -- The worship of the Ice Goddess, Katarina Witt. I don't know what linguistic quirk it is that makes things from Cambridge "Cantabridgian", but it's the same route as from Katarina to Kathena. Makes the eggheads feel smarter, I guess. Anyway, it's a darn fine cult, especially on the full and new moon when w... they get naked and paint themselves blue and frolic in the heath.

The "Ma, Don't Iron My Jeans Because All The Guys Will Know Award" goes to Trish for:

kathenotheism Seen mostly in young unmarried adult men, a tendency to speak of one's quite ordinary mother using tones of reverence and awe.

dd has been spending too much time in Seminole Bingo Parlors but snags the "Leth Jutht Thay Money Ithn't All I Lotht Award" for:

kathenotheism n. - the belief that God rethideth inthide a gambling fathility.

Coffee makes an interesting point and wins the "That Would Explain A Lot Award" for:

Kathenotheism n.

The irrational, and thus perfectly valid belief that Brian Eno's birth name was Kathy.

Brynn comes in damn close to winning but is awarded the "Eww! Factor Award" for:

kathenotheism - this is the German sect of "cathenotheism," a bizarre cult that heavily employs the use of catheters as a convenient way to cleanse/purify the "body as temple." Followers adhere to a strict regimen of 16 8-oz. glasses of a mixture of water and cranberry juice a day at prescribed hours, not only using a portable catheter and bag to simplify elimination needs, but utilizing it and its contents as elements of worship in rituals. The Kathenotheists differ in one aspect from Cathenotheists - the water must be purified and the cranberry juice unsweetened.
Bit O' Trivia: the inventor of the "Stadium Pal" is also one of the founding members of cathenotheism.

Finally, this has to be the first time this has ever happened but the winner didn't even post a definition for the winning entry, he just made the judge laugh louder than the rest of you. Winner of the "Zen Definitionless Definition For The Definition Game Award" goes to Marcus for:

It's a darn fine cult
It's a get-naked cult
And forever in breezes they wave
They're the emblem of
Their own firm love
And Katrina's the one that they crave!

I just kept seeing Jimmy Cagney prancing across a stage singing this.

Hit it, Marcus!
Old 03-09-2006, 11:30 PM   #1242
Marcus Bales

Location: In a coign of the cliff between lowland and highland, at the sea-down's edge between windward and lee, walled round with rocks as an inland island, the ghost of a garden fronts the sea.
Oh, jeez.

Ok, the new word is:

saburration

Old 03-10-2006, 05:50 AM   #1243
12"razormix

saburration, n.

a. The act or process of soaking something in hot butter.
b. The condition of being soaked in hot butter.
c. The complete impregnation with hot butter; saburty.
12"razormix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2006, 11:28 AM   #1244
trisherina
meretricious dilettante

saburration: Having inappropriate thoughts and feelings for a Swedish-engineered automobile.
Old 03-10-2006, 12:06 PM   #1245
dinzdale
King of the patns

saburration n.

The sensation felt at the first inkling that you are about to be found out for something you would rather not have known about you.

e.g Your mother is house sitting for you while you are away on business. She has just called to ask you how to play a DVD, and you quickly explain how to operate the DVD player. Five minutes after you hang up the phone you realize that the night before you came away, you were watching Amatuer Swingers Buttmunch Party and you begin to saburrate as you cant quite remember if you ejected the DVD.....
dinzdale is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: