ZEFRANK.COM - message board  

Go Back   ZEFRANK.COM - message board > FICTION PROJECT
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 190 votes, 4.96 average. Display Modes
Old 01-25-2009, 02:22 AM   #3466
Brynn
constantly amazed

orgeat - an extremely large, hairy bodyguard, covered from head to toe in gold brocade.
Brynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 10:52 PM   #3467
xfox
slightly effective

orgeat a family where pets outnumber people.

Living near the Rankin's who were seen bringing home yet another stray dog is proof, thought Larry as he passed by, they're orgeats.
xfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 06:04 PM   #3468
dddrum
Amateur Human

orgeat - n.

An orangutan's nipple.
Old 01-27-2009, 08:07 AM   #3469
Marcus Bales

Location: In a coign of the cliff between lowland and highland, at the sea-down's edge between windward and lee, walled round with rocks as an inland island, the ghost of a garden fronts the sea.
orgeat - an okapi.
Old 01-28-2009, 12:47 AM   #3470
Brynn
constantly amazed

orgeat - an extremely clever definition recycled from a round of The Dictionary Game from four years ago that manages to win the latest round yet again.
Old 01-29-2009, 03:54 PM   #3471
Marcus Bales

Location: In a coign of the cliff between lowland and highland, at the sea-down's edge between windward and lee, walled round with rocks as an inland island, the ghost of a garden fronts the sea.
orgeat - One who recycles Dictionary Game definitions from a decade ago on another site entirely that even the Wayback Machine had trouble finding so it's a good thing I kept a copy! Uh, did I say that right out loud, or did I just think it?
Old 01-29-2009, 11:59 PM   #3472
Brynn
constantly amazed

orgeat - to unconsciously speak aloud that which was meant for an inner monologue only.
Old 01-30-2009, 11:58 AM   #3473
treekisser
It isn't easy being green

Counting down to judging. Two hours to go!!!!
treekisser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 12:45 PM   #3474
Coffee
Cheeses Save

orgeat
A flurry of multiple posting, usually lasting up to 2 days, that is triggered by the "2 hour warning".
Coffee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 03:51 PM   #3475
treekisser
It isn't easy being green

Hello to all of my online friends and neighbors. Kisses to all of you and welcome to the judging of ...[dddrum rrroll]...
The Dictionary Game
Creating better English, one word at a time

First, I would like to welcome our celebrity judge for today, a Dictionary Game devotee and good friend, former President George W. Bush. Please put your hands together for George!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jsF3deE38xo

Thank you, George for that inspiring introduction. Now, on to the serious job of judging the word "orgeat" (pronounced "or-jaht"), an obscure and severly underused word defined by Noah Webster as:

"a sweet almond-flavored, nonalcoholic syrup used as a cocktail ingredient or food flavoring."

Now how lame it that? As usual, TDG participants had a much clearer notion of what an orgeat is all about. And it is time to announce the winners of the coveted Marcus statuettes.

My beloved Ysapur wins a chocolate Marcus for this tempting definition:

Quote:
Originally Posted by YsaPur EsChomuw View Post
orgeat - orgasmic eating, a swiftly spreading lifestyle among women abandoned by their lover

Ysobel contemplated an orgeat party for her friends on Saturday, but some quink sounds awakened her from her reverie.
Trying for a double score, Ysapur offered:

Quote:
Originally Posted by YsaPur EsChomuw View Post
orgeat - Lat. third person singular present subjunctive of orgēre, to fvck.

Orgeat emptor! i.e. Fvck the buyer! is the motto and secret principle of all sellers.
GONG!!! Sorry, that definition is disqualified. George objected strongly to the use of a word ("fvck") without a vowel. Trying to pronounce such a word can cause serious damage to the larynx. You should have quit while your were ahead, sweetheart.

Stephi_B captures a crystal Marcus for her perfectly clear definition:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephi_B View Post
orgeat n also: (med)
derives from a concatenation of or get at and names a person whose obvious actions and/or speech is/are dubious to everyone (in some cases including the orgeat him-/herself, but of course this is a matter as dubious as anything in relation with an orgeat)

to orgeate v
to act like or be an orgeat

I'm unsure whether he really is an orgeat or whether orgeating is just his trick to get everyone laid.... in any case the effect is smashing!
Captain Java contributed a pair of entries:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coffee View Post
orgeat

An annual non-profit group luncheon accompanied by an award ceremony for the organization's most contributing sucker...i mean volunteer...for that year.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coffee View Post
orgeat
A flurry of multiple posting, usually lasting up to 2 days, that is triggered by the "2 hour warning".
The coveted Chicken Little Award goes to the Cap'n for his latter entry, which caused me to panic and commence the judging as soon as I could.

Pixie Cherries, our petite and lovely body builder, should have no difficulty hoisting her Marcus piggy bank, filled with excuses and IOU's, for this clever entry:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixie Cherries View Post
Orgeat ~ New. Accounting terminology used to explain the handling of bailout monies granted to banks and other institutions. Legitimized at the last minute prior to Bush leaving office. A real time saver during audits.

Simple, precise and easy to spell. A masterful, full service term meaning "The organization ate my bailout money". If you are a victim of orgeat, take heart. This is good for up to, but not in excess of the first 50 billion.
A bare bones Marcus goes to Master Jedi, whose fertile imagination produced the following:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master_Jedi View Post
Orgeat - a compound slang word. Original word was orgineat, literally meaning to masticate live animals. Slang originated in T.I.'s original rap song, "Don't go a orgeatin on me."
The Man Himself, recently returning to TDG following a lengthy unexcused and unpaid absence, sought to make up for lost time by concocting three entries for orgeat:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus Bales View Post
orgeat - a person who has become a functionary; one who has sublimated his or her personality into the organization, or has so thoroughly identified his or her own interests with those of the organization that they are indistinguishable.

"Betty has really drunk the company koolaid, hasn't she?"
"Yeah, she's a real orgeat all right."
Quote:
orgeat - an okapi.
Quote:
orgeat - One who recycles Dictionary Game definitions from a decade ago on another site entirely that even the Wayback Machine had trouble finding so it's a good thing I kept a copy! Uh, did I say that right out loud, or did I just think it?
Sorry, old buddy. No trifecta this time, but George seemed to get stuck on the phrase "drinking the company koolaid" and will be sending you a frozen koolaid Marcus for dropping that one on us. And I will add to that the coveted AMPHIBOLY Award, named for the very first word selected to kick off TDG's online debut. Welcome back, Marcus!

Now, we all love Brynn, am I right? She gave us the following pair of entries:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brynn View Post
orgeat - an extremely large, hairy bodyguard, covered from head to toe in gold brocade.
Quote:
orgeat - an extremely clever definition recycled from a round of The Dictionary Game from four years ago that manages to win the latest round yet again.
In addition to being runner up to Marcus for the AMPHIBOLY Award, Brynn will be presented with her very own extremely large, hairy bodyguard, covered from head to toe in gold brocade at her home by next week's celebrity judge, David Hasselhoff!

Now comes dddrum, who appears to have a nipple obsession:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dddrum View Post
orgeat - n.

An orangutan's nipple.
Until he is finally weaned, dddrum will receive the coveted BBBooobbb Award.

OK, ...what was that?! Oh yes, Brynn, you're right, I did overlook your third entry:

Quote:
orgeat - to unconsciously speak aloud that which was meant for an inner monologue only.
Is that it? Did I miss anyone?

The winner of this week's judging and recipient of the solid gold, piping hot, stark naked, pearl inlaid Marcus is......

Pixie Cherries!!!!!

Take it away, Pix.
treekisser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 06:05 PM   #3476
YsaPur EsChomuw
oi

Thank you, dear, for the lovely award and the conscientious judging.

However, I feel obligated to point out that this dictionary allows no swear-words. Only four stars instead of everyday four-letter words.
Like **** or ****
YsaPur EsChomuw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 04:01 PM   #3477
Brynn
constantly amazed

I am lovin' on my Amphiboly award.
Ha ha, made you look
Old 02-01-2009, 03:30 PM   #3478
Pixie Cherries
I can benchpress 300 oz.

Why, thank you for choosing my humble accounting term from the veritable verbose word vestibule (yeah, that kind of works) of your sovereign tribe. I am but a tiny body builder straining to benchpress adequate wordage in it's towering shadow. (Whew!!!)

Are you sure? But this is a great honor. No doubt.

Yes, and where can you get one of those extremely large, hairy bodyguards covered from head to toe in gold brocade? We only have WalMart and Shopko here.

Without further adeu, let's try...

noscible

Last edited by Pixie Cherries : 02-01-2009 at 03:35 PM.
Pixie Cherries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 04:06 PM   #3479
Stephi_B
waaaaaaa :)

noscible

describing the effect of something which positively supports the prominent role the nose plays within the facial composition of a person

Wow! Your new haircut together with the light in here - simply noscible!
Stephi_B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 06:18 AM   #3480
Coffee
Cheeses Save

noscible

A faith based science text book intelligently designed to meet scholastic requirements by presenting all sides of minimum required science curiculum, while implying that accepted secular standards are theories, and faith is fact.
Coffee is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: