ZEFRANK.COM - message board  

Go Back   ZEFRANK.COM - message board > FAST CHAT
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-16-2003, 12:54 PM   #1
rmr

Anyone else hate crap like this???

I have to go to a wedding shower today. It's going to be a mini high school reunion....ugh. The only reason I'm invited is because my parents live next door to her parents........we are not friends at all. Now I'm going to have to participate in the bs "how you been?" "what are you doing?" of which i cannot stand. I hate talking for talking's sake. I hate sharing things about myself with people that don't give a rat's ass about me. Am I wrong in saying all of this??

And on top of all of this, I'm going to have to be on my best behavior because I'm going with my mom and she'll be mortified if I'm not.

BLAH......yuck!!!
rmr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2003, 01:15 PM   #2
special K
askldjnasd fde

Are you thirteen years old?
special K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2003, 02:09 PM   #3
Red Princess
thread soiler

i hate those things too. i hate any social situation where i have to behave myself. it feels unnatural.
Old 11-16-2003, 02:14 PM   #4
LCW
monkey

rimms WHY are you going? You don't have to & I'm sure if you explained to your Mum how you're feeling she wouldn't want to take you with her

<~~~~~~~~~~ALWAYS avoids forced social ocassions
Old 11-16-2003, 03:18 PM   #5
bealeblues
where's my salt?

forced social situations and being nice to people you couldn't give a shit less about is what the south's all about.....

well, that and trailer parks, mullets, incest, etc....
Old 11-16-2003, 03:22 PM   #6
xfox
slightly effective

Life major events just have to be shared. You will probably be more enchanting than the bride to be.

You can always get more money, but you can't get more time. I know what you mean, on the other hand.
xfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2003, 03:27 PM   #7
lapietra
half baked

It depends... sometimes I'm surprised... I try to go into situations like that with an open mind; sometimes it's awful and awkward, but sometimes I learn something new about people (which is always a good thing ) I can think of some situations where I left feeling pretty damn good about people after spending time with some strangers...
lapietra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2003, 03:47 PM   #8
LCW
monkey

Hmmmmmm your point of view made me think lapietra......

Mebbe my jaded view comes from the fact that I have to do quite a bit of that for work purposes? I tend to keep my personal life to parties etc I choose with people i know I don't have to smile & be nice to when all I want to do is tell them what asses I think they are LOL
Old 11-16-2003, 03:50 PM   #9
lapietra
half baked

heh
Old 11-16-2003, 04:23 PM   #10
zenbabe
Lollypop!

I just hate those stupid games you have to play!

-Dr. Seuss
zenbabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2003, 04:27 PM   #11
LCW
monkey

^5 zenbabe!!!

I refuse to join in with that chit.......the one nice thing about parties is that there's nearly always ONE person around who isn't a complete dork LOL
Old 11-16-2003, 05:32 PM   #12
priceyfatprude
girthy pickles

Rimmie, I think you'll come away from it w/some good stories, which I hope you'll share w/us.
priceyfatprude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2003, 05:40 PM   #13
Audreyvgs
Blue's Clues

Im like on my 6th birthday party to take the Bink to, and I have to bring presents for kids i don't know and it's bleeding me to death, considering I'll have to have one for him when he turns 6 in March (only family before)...I don't know anybody and I'm not keeping him in that school next year! aargh
Audreyvgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2003, 05:41 PM   #14
lapietra
half baked

Quote:
Originally posted by Audreyvgs
Im like on my 6th birthday party to take the Bink to, and I have to bring presents for kids i don't know and it's bleeding me to death, considering I'll have to have one for him when he turns 6 in March (only family before)...I don't know anybody and I'm not keeping him in that school next year! aargh
Just do what my mom always did - get them the big box of Crayolas and a coloring book... cheap, works well, at least until they're teens
Old 11-16-2003, 11:27 PM   #15
rmr

ok.........i'd like to share one exchange.......

rims: look at you all sun tanned.

chick from high school: I just got back from my honeymoon. so, rims, are YOU married?

rims: no, i'm not

chick from high school: oh, don't you worry, it'll happen for you.....i'm sure of it!!! so don't worry!!!

rims: so did you marry anyone i know?

chick from high school: *face turning bright red* *i mean really read* why yes, I married so and so. I know he was in a lot of trouble back then and all and you know i'm sure people think bad things about him, but you know, i really decided it was time and you know how things like that go. I mean he really hasn't been in trouble in a while so, I'm not worried.

rims: well good for you!!!
rmr is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: