ZEFRANK.COM - message board  

Go Back   ZEFRANK.COM - message board > FAST CHAT
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-14-2004, 12:39 AM   #1
Klynne
monkey

So what did you do today?

My bf and I went to the Cracker Barrel for breakfast. Then on to Kohls for him to buy new jeans and a shirt. I think he wanted something nicer to wear to meet my dad tomorrow. We are going up to Big Rapids to see my dad perform in the play "Escanaba in Da Moonlight".

I am not nervous about my dad meeting him, he likes everyone. My mother is a different story, but hey I am almost 37 years old, so why should I really care?

This afternoon, I picked up my friend Maggie Shamrock, (she has not been on the board for a few months) and we went and saw the movie "The Edge of Reason". It was good, but not as good as Bridgette Jones's Diary. I wanted to see "I "Heart" Huckabees", but I let her make the choice.

After the movie, we headed downtown and had dinner at a Japanese restaurant. Very good.

O.K. What did you do?
Klynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2004, 01:28 AM   #2
topcat
monkey

first i went to the zoo. then i went to the baseball game. then i went to hong kong japan
topcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2004, 01:42 AM   #3
Klynne
monkey

Quote:
Originally posted by topcat
first i went to the zoo. then i went to the baseball game. then i went to hong kong japan
Wow, then you are going to get some authentic Japanese food! Cool!
Klynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2004, 03:04 AM   #4
bealeblues
where's my salt?

i took my date to eat lunch. then we went to see polar express. then we played ball. then she put hair bows in her dolls' hair. then she fell asleep on me, and i tucked her in bed.

we had a great day.
Old 11-14-2004, 03:40 AM   #5
zenbabe
Lollypop!

I so love you.

-Dr. Seuss
zenbabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2004, 03:41 AM   #6
bealeblues
where's my salt?

Old 11-14-2004, 04:06 AM   #7
sparticle
Conspiracy Theorist

Quote:
Originally posted by bealeblues
i took my date to eat lunch. then we went to see polar express. then we played ball. then she put hair bows in her dolls' hair. then she fell asleep on me, and i tucked her in bed.

we had a great day.
That's wonderful.

-- trisherina
sparticle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2004, 04:09 AM   #8
LadyCrow
WhY sO SiRiUs?

I slept in until 8:00am (which is a big deal, trust me).

I then cleaned (which is a bigger deal, trust me).

After that, I went to a friend's house for dinner & we (she, her husband & I) shared her homemade birthday cake (and she makes damn good cake, trust me).

Now, I am home & loving the fact that I don't have to work until Monday. Woohoo!

"If there is a bedrock principle of the First Amendment, it is that the government may not prohibit the expression of an idea simply because society finds the idea itself offensive or disagreeable."

-- Justice William J. Brennan
(1906-1997) U. S. Supreme Court Justice
Source: Texas vs. Johnson, 1989

Illegitimi non carborundum...

Whatever doesn't kill you simply makes you... stranger. - Heath Ledger
LadyCrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2004, 04:39 AM   #9
trisherina
meretricious dilettante

Quote:
Originally posted by LadyCrow
trust me).

trust me).

trust me).
You ask so much, so soon.
Old 11-14-2004, 04:45 AM   #10
topcat
monkey

i never trust anyone who says trust me but i cant remember why
topcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2004, 05:36 AM   #11
funkytuba
Spone to Proonerisms

Little Funky decided that 05:45 was the correct time to wake up, so he did. We lolled about in bed for a while while he came and went. Eventually we turned on Thomas the Tank Engine, but then he wanted to talk about it "taaain! taaain! ahn-yahn-yahn uht ooooh!" loose translation: There's a train. It appears to be Henry. Oh Dear, he has crashed"

Mrs. kindly took him out to feed him breakfast and give me a half hour to doze next to Funkina, who fairly soon thereafter decided it was time for her to turn into Party Girl! So we partied for a few minutes and talked some more about trains.

Then I took a shower and Mrs got Little Funky ready for Gymnastics class. We drove across town to Gymnastics class and we were a little early so we went to find a coffee shop. There was one fairly close by but it had quite a line. After standing at the back wondering how long it would take before they opened another register when I noticed a self-serve tube to drop money in for the coffee bar. I did so and left with the potential for caffeination.

We headed back to Gymnastics and were now late. Lil funky did well today at gymnastics; he was into each rotation and only had one "moment". Afterward we brought one of his friends "aie ya ya ya" and her father back with us to our local coffee shop on the other side of town for "baybuww tcheee" (bagels and cheese--bagles being in Lil funky's mind merely the vehicle for the cream cheese).

Then on to Costco where we got stuff for coffee hour at church tomorrow: the putative menu: "baybuww tcheee", Fruit salad, mini puff pastry hors d'oeuvres, and cookies a la Mrs Funky. Also purchased were a pair of jeans for my fat ass, some pajamas and a "poop sack" for the kids, batteries, various meats for the freezer. We breifly looked at the digital camera selection but decided against a purchase until we saw how much the 6mpx version of the Olympus camera was.

Back home--on the way Lil fell asleep so we transferred him to bed once we got there, put the costco stuff away. Mrs went to the fabric store leaving me with Party Girl. We partied.

Next I changed batteries in all the toys that had started to sound like they were in a time warp (like hokey pokey elmo: "wwwweeeettssss doooo theeee hoooohh kee pooh keeeey!")

Then followed some living room cleanup. When Mrs got back I started some Kitchen cleanup and some cooking including bread for church tomorrow. Mrs fed Funkina some avocado mixed with breast milk.

Later on I cooked Chicken Adobo which is basically chicken thighs slow-cooked in vinegar and Kikkoman ([mrs' phillipino grandpa] Not Soy Sauce! Kikkoman![/mrs' phillipino grandpa]) We ate it over rice to the bright strains of the bluegrass band on A Pairie Home Companion.

Mrs then went into cookie mode. First banana-chocolate chip bars and then oatmeal cookies. I herded kids for a while. Then it became washy-washy time. Bath for Lil Funky, then some towel-time with momma and some harry potter on network tv (which was kind of dumb for us to be watching. we own the DVD and all we have at home is rabbit ears which makes it an easy decision for me based on resolution, un-editedness and signal fidelity).

Then bedtime for Lil Funky, followed by more kitchen cleanup to dispatch the mess made by cookies and bread baking.

Finally I sat down at the computer and typed this post.

ook.

edited to make the quasi-html tags show up

Last edited by funkytuba : 11-14-2004 at 05:41 AM.
funkytuba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2004, 05:45 AM   #12
trisherina
meretricious dilettante

Whoa. You are the man.
Old 11-14-2004, 06:07 AM   #13
funkytuba
Spone to Proonerisms

oops... when I ran the dishwasher I forgot to put the soap in.

we'll have to run it again tomorrow
morrow morrow
Old 11-14-2004, 09:41 AM   #14
madasacutsnake
no more nice girl

Quote:
oops... when I ran the dishwasher I forgot to put the soap in.
You're useless, aren't you?

My Day.

We went to a furniture place and bought a bunk bed. We had a long argument about where the child should be placed in the bunk bed - with her head at the open part next to the steps or safely in between the bed rails WHICH ARE THERE FOR HER PROTECTION AFTER ALL D*MB FvCK.

The salesman told us that the flat pack boxes would not fit in the Marge-mobile so we took advantage of the free trailer. Mr Snake swore a couple of times trying to get the electric lead hooked up, then gave up and left it so that to the casual observer it would look as if it were hooked correctly. I then drove across the car park to discover the bed came in small boxes which would easily fit in the back of the car. We loaded the boxes then I backed the trailer back into it's spot. Or tried to.

Mr Snake is never happier than when he is telling some-one which way to turn a wheel so my immaculate trailer parking skills turned into an autokhana come swearfest which the watching storemen apparently found hilarious.

I paid him back by offering advice while he was putting the flat pack bed together. I did this intermittently over the course of the three hour procedure and was careful to choose exactly the times when he had lost a tiny part or just discovered that he had to take apart the previous five steps in order to fit the ladder in etc

Weekends suck.
Old 11-14-2004, 12:43 PM   #15
Aphrodite
Myth Demeanour

I'm posting yesterday because that is when you asked.

I went bowling with the family. Ugh! I am not a very good bowler.
I let one fly out of my hand during the backswing and almost knocked down some kids. I think my average was about 80 a game.

We went to Tony Roma's and I had St. Louis Ribs. I had a hankering for some ribs. They were great. I licked my fingers. (Was I supposed to eat them with utensils?)

We got home around midnight and I was ready to fall asleep.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: