ZEFRANK.COM - message board  

Go Back   ZEFRANK.COM - message board > DEBATE HALL
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 16 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 03-10-2005, 04:54 PM   #316
Frieda
in limbo

^^ fanatics

they always get this weird look in their eyes whenever they talk about "their" subject which changes to arrogance when you disagree with them.

edited to add: also, instead of admiring diversity they condone it!

oh yeah
Frieda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2005, 08:55 PM   #317
shmitty
monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saxifrage
My beef is with intolerant ignorant fools who cling to literal interpretations of the bible or any religion or philosophy. Skin heads, Klansmen, religious fundamentalists, Taliban etc are all the same kind of crazy as far as I am concerned.
I agree

In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move. -Douglas Adams
shmitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2005, 02:07 PM   #318
Clytie
thundering is my favorite

This is just one of the many examples of people who use the bible as justification for the persecution of others. Clytie seems to dismiss it as unrepresentative because she doesn't identify with this kind of group. I'd still welcome an attempt to explain it from someone who takes her cues from the same pages.

Clytie?
------

like i have said before i dont think that i can tell you what other people think. its kinda arrogant to assume that you can read someones mind and perfectly convey their feelings. Hence my not commenting.
bound by the rich red that runs coarsing
united we stand
stronger than before
able to face the dark
with hands entwined
Clytie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2005, 04:36 PM   #319
Saxifrage
monkey

Score sane-1 freaks-0

At least some of these folks know what's what.

Topeka, Kan. — A minister known for picketing the funerals of AIDS victims failed in his attempt to repeal a Topeka ordinance that prohibits discrimination against homosexuals in municipal hiring.
Rev. Fred Phelps Sr. was undaunted after voters upheld the anti-discrimination measure Tuesday and publicly dared the City Council to enact another, broader ordinance.
“If you succeed in passing a gay-rights ordinance, the next morning, we'll be back on the streets, collecting signatures,” he said.
In final, unofficial results, 53 per cent (14,285) opposed the repeal effort, while 47 per cent (12,795) voted for the repeal. Had it passed, the measure also would have blocked future efforts to reinstate such a law for 10 years.
Some said they opposed repealing the measure partly because of Mr. Phelps, who has long been a fierce foe of gay rights. His church has picketed the funerals of AIDS victims for more than a decade. And his protest outside the 1998 funeral for Matthew Shepherd, the gay college student beaten to death in Wyoming, led to his portrayal in the play The Laramie Project.
Susan Kitchkommie, 49, said Mr. Phelps was a factor in her “no,” vote, adding, “I don't think anybody should be discriminated against.”
Even some voters who wanted to repeal the ordinance distanced themselves from Mr. Phelps.
Retired teacher Jim Paramore said he was “not for Fred Phelps,” explaining that he voted to repeal the ordinance because “there doesn't need to be special consideration made for homosexuality.”
Matt Foreman, executive director of the National Gay and Lesbian Task Force, said the vote was encouraging, coming after voters last year amended 13 states' constitutions to ban gay marriage.
“This really was a question in every gay American's mind whether Fred Phelps represented the voters of Topeka,” he said.
One of the minister's granddaughters, meanwhile, fell short in her efforts to unseat an openly gay member of the City Council.
The granddaughter, Jael Phelps, was among four candidates in a nonpartisan primary. She finished last.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servl...e_login= true

Last edited by Saxifrage : 03-11-2005 at 04:38 PM. Reason: I spelled no instead of know, what a rube i am :)
Saxifrage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2005, 04:57 PM   #320
topcat
monkey

see god does excist, he is called congress now.

This is an internet bulletin board.

Nothing more. Nothing less
topcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2005, 05:33 PM   #321
Smartypants
MR. Smartypants to you.

Location: Oh, YOU PEOPLE go ahead and call it "Frisco." See if I care.
Quote:
Originally Posted by topcat
see god does excist, he is called congress now.
Touché.

"I don't think God wants us to believe in him. If he wanted us to believe in him he'd do something about it -- like exist perhaps!" --Linda Smith
Smartypants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2005, 12:42 PM   #322
chuckie egg
a peach

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/4374249.stm
chuckie egg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2005, 02:17 PM   #323
Saxifrage
monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckie egg
Good for them! However that is occuring in a far more enlightened region of the world than my beloved USofA. When you can shut this guy up http://www.godhatesfags.com/ it will be an accomplishment.
Old 03-25-2005, 03:51 PM   #324
trisherina
meretricious dilettante

Then again, some of us are really not interested in shutting people up, being neurotically attached to the First Amendment.
Old 03-25-2005, 04:25 PM   #325
Saxifrage
monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by trisherina
Then again, some of us are really not interested in shutting people up, being neurotically attached to the First Amendment.
My apologies, in saying "shut him up" I really mean aid him in achieving some form of enlightenment. I do not literally mean gag the man, I to am fond of freedom of speech.
Old 04-28-2005, 06:39 PM   #326
Smartypants
MR. Smartypants to you.

Alabama Bill Targets Gay Authors
MONTGOMERY, Ala., April 27, 2005

A college production tells the story of Matthew Sheppard, a student beaten to death because he was gay.

And soon, it could be banned in Alabama.

Republican Alabama lawmaker Gerald Allen says homosexuality is an unacceptable lifestyle. As CBS News Correspondent Mark Strassmann reports, under his bill, public school libraries could no longer buy new copies of plays or books by gay authors, or about gay characters.

"I don't look at it as censorship," says State Representative Gerald Allen. "I look at it as protecting the hearts and souls and minds of our children."

Books by any gay author would have to go: Tennessee Williams, Truman Capote and Gore Vidal. Alice Walker's novel "The Color Purple" has lesbian characters.

Allen originally wanted to ban even some Shakespeare. After criticism, he narrowed his bill to exempt the classics, although he still can't define what a classic is. Also exempted now Alabama's public and college libraries.

Librarian Donna Schremser fears the "thought police," would be patrolling her shelves.

"And so the idea that we would have a pristine collection that represents one political view, one religioius view, that's not a library,'' says Schremser.

"I think it's an absolutely absurd bill," says Mark Potok of the Southern Poverty Law Center.

First Amendment advocates say the ban clearly does amount to censorship.

"It's a Nazi book burning," says Potok. "You know, it's a remarkable piece of work."

But in book after book, Allen reads what he calls the "homosexual agenda,"
and he's alarmed.

"It's not healthy for America, it doesn't fit what we stand for," says Allen. "And they will do whatever it takes to reach their goal."

He says he sees this as a line in the sand.

In Alabama's legislature, the reviews of Allen's bill are still out on whether to lower this curtain for good.

© MMV, CBS Broadcasting Inc. All Rights Reserved.

"I don't think God wants us to believe in him. If he wanted us to believe in him he'd do something about it -- like exist perhaps!" --Linda Smith
Old 04-29-2005, 03:10 PM   #327
Mary
The Uncola

I don't understand those who find homosexuality to be something vile, vulgar, et al. Love is love.
Old 04-29-2005, 08:17 PM   #328
dinzdale
King of the špatnýs

Ha!
Can you say double standards?

The Alabama Republican wants to ban "gay agenda" books, but turns a blind eye to Alphabetti Spaghetti. Just the other day I looked in my bowl and clearly made out the words TOSS, WANK and BUMHOLE.

What about doing something about these filth peddlars??

I thought not.....
dinzdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2005, 08:26 PM   #329
Smartypants
MR. Smartypants to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinzdale
Ha!
Can you say double standards?

The Alabama Republican wants to ban "gay agenda" books, but turns a blind eye to Alphabetti Spaghetti. Just the other day I looked in my bowl and clearly made out the words TOSS, WANK and BUMHOLE.

What about doing something about these filth peddlars??

I thought not.....
Hmm. I always thought there was something creepy and perverse about those Campbell's soup twins!!

Old 04-29-2005, 10:27 PM   #330
trisherina
meretricious dilettante

Everyone who falls in love has an agenda? This IS shocking.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: