ZEFRANK.COM - message board  

Go Back   ZEFRANK.COM - message board > FICTION PROJECT
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 190 votes, 4.96 average. Display Modes
Old 02-02-2009, 12:33 PM   #3481
Marcus Bales

Location: In a coign of the cliff between lowland and highland, at the sea-down's edge between windward and lee, walled round with rocks as an inland island, the ghost of a garden fronts the sea.
noscible -the percentage difference between the answers on any test in a distinct testing group.

Many people believe that environment has a lot to do with how children develop, but the noscible among identical twins shows that their beliefs are simply wrong.
Old 02-02-2009, 01:27 PM   #3482
treekisser
It isn't easy being green

noscible, adj. referring to a request, application, or privilege that is refused, rejected, or dismissed for no apparent reason and with no opportunity for appeal, review, or reconsideration. The origin of the term is attributed to Fascist utopian philosopher Cuzzye Zedzo, whose seminal work, Getting to No, warned that the greatest peril to human civilization is anarchy. Zedzo's ideal for a utopian society is one in which absolutely nothing is negotiable.

Huddled in his cubicle, Baxter tried to come up with a new approach to seeking a pay raise that could not be blown off as another noscible petition.
treekisser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 07:26 PM   #3483
Brynn
constantly amazed

noscible - a unit measuring the impact upon one's sense of smell.

The noscibles of odor emanating from Victor's room were rivaled only by the decibels in his headphones.
Brynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 02:14 PM   #3484
Pixie Cherries
I can benchpress 300 oz.

Oh, very nice my pretties. I will drop in tonight to check on things. :-)
Old 02-04-2009, 02:22 PM   #3485
Marcus Bales

Location: In a coign of the cliff between lowland and highland, at the sea-down's edge between windward and lee, walled round with rocks as an inland island, the ghost of a garden fronts the sea.
noscible - a comment so general that it is meaningless.

Though pleasant, her words of praise were noscible.
Old 02-07-2009, 11:38 PM   #3486
xfox
slightly effective

nosible loss of one's inner balance.
xfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 09:47 AM   #3487
Marcus Bales

noscible - a duty so slight that it is easily overlooked.

Though she'd promised to look in the other night we all recognized that promise as noscible.
Old 02-09-2009, 01:28 AM   #3488
Pixie Cherries
I can benchpress 300 oz.

Thank you everyone. Noscibble intended. We had a young family member diagnosed with a

serious illness and it has taken time away. I apologize for the delay. I have read the definitions and as always, am inpressed.

Please stay tuned. I will finish posting tonight. I am still typing up the response. Thank you!
Old 02-09-2009, 01:33 AM   #3489
Marcus Bales

noscible - a crushingly peremptory excuse.

We had a young family member diagnosed with a serious illness and it has taken time away.

Take your time, Pixie. Some things are just more important than others.
Old 02-09-2009, 03:39 AM   #3490
Pixie Cherries
I can benchpress 300 oz.

Stephi B said, "describing the effect of something which positively supports the prominent role the nose plays within the facial composition of a person".

Reading the words "nose" and "composition" immediately made me think of Bob Dylan. And the composition of his nose. Perhaps there is noscible in his mustache so perfect aligned to positively support the prominent role of his nose. And there does seem to be a cantilevering effect between his nose and his hair.

Moving on...

Coffee supposes noscibble to be "A faith based science text book intelligently designed to meet scholastic requirements by presenting all sides of minimum required science curiculum, while implying that accepted secular standards are theories, and faith is fact."

I liked this one. Because I learned a long time ago that personal values are non-negotible. Thank you for posting that great answer.

And now...

Marcus said noscible is "the percentage difference between the answers on any test in a distinct testing group. "Many people believe that environment has a lot to do with how children develop, but the noscible among identical twins shows that their beliefs are simply wrong."

Well, it is true that twins are a group. They tend to speak in a language all their own. It's called "twin speak". Chances are the disparity between answers on their tests may actually be one of the twins spontaneously lapsing back into twin speak on their answers. "Michael left twin speak behind long ago. But when Patrick is unsure, he clings to it like a musty baby blanket from days gone by."

Next we have...

Treekisser! Thank you for chosing me last time. :-). Sorry my reply has taken a little longer than planned. You said,

"noscible, adj. referring to a request, application, or privilege that is refused, rejected, or dismissed for no apparent reason and with no opportunity for appeal, review, or reconsideration. The origin of the term is attributed to Fascist utopian philosopher Cuzzye Zedzo, whose seminal work, Getting to No, warned that the greatest peril to human civilization is anarchy. Zedzo's ideal for a utopian society is one in which absolutely nothing is negotiable.

Huddled in his cubicle, Baxter tried to come up with a new approach to seeking a pay raise that could not be blown off as another noscible petition
."

Yes, Treekisser. Zedzo bitch slaps that old notion that dissent is vital to a healthy society. Noscible fits right into his utopian dream. A dream where cubicle moles know their place. Where their whinzied little paws dare not grasp the pen for any other reason than to prioritize tasks and do the bidding of others. But little does Zedzo know that an underground scible movement is in the works. The spirit of scible is afoot. In the very air that Zedzo breathes. And soon... Well, let's just say, "Obey Giant No More!"

And now we turn to the lovely Brynn...

"noscible - a unit measuring the impact upon one's sense of smell. The noscibles of odor emanating from Victor's room were rivaled only by the decibels in his eadphones."

Thank you Brynn. I had brothers and I know that Victor is not only one man. He is all men... around the age of 14. That odiferous age when the smell of hormones, basketball shorts and gym shoes fill the air with the undeniable smell of young manhood. Noscible in one sense is really a unit of measure for how heroic the rest of the household must be to ferry Victor through his days of smellitude.

A reappearance by Marcus?

"noscible - a comment so general that it is meaningless. Though pleasant, her words of praise were noscible."

Thank you Marcus. Sometimes we ladies do speak in butterflies instead of words. I like to think that somewhere in an alternate universe my counterpart is speaking in something heavy and profound. Like Pterodactyls.

Here we have the lovely xfox with a very timely and practical idea.

"nosible loss of one's inner balance." I would believe a fox on this. They are keen on balance. Spiritual and physical. Good point xfox. I am glad you remined us that inner balance is so vital to our well being. Our goal, in this case, should be no noscible.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you all for your answers. It's a lot of fun to come in and see the amazing creativity on this board.

I wanted to choose all of them. Because they are gems. I loved Coffee's reply because it was so honest. Special mention there. Thank you Coffee.

In the end it's a toss up between Treekisser and Brynn.

Brynn, anyone who has lived with a teenage boy knows that heroic challenge of ferrying them through to manhood. Noscible is a good word. But I don't think it is powerful enough to describe the smell. Can we save that for another, more worthy word?

Treekisser, I loved your answer. It fits the idea of writing something while in peril. The masses can identify with it so well! Your work stands on it's own. Shining and true.

I know you are hot off a big win. But take it again. You won, baby.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And here is the real meaning of noscible.

noscible adj 1654 -1654

knowable; well-known

It is noscible that no amount of training can make up for experience in the field.

(Thank you Marcus for your kind words. It's my brothers son...)

Last edited by Pixie Cherries : 02-09-2009 at 03:45 AM.
Pixie Cherries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 12:14 PM   #3491
treekisser
It isn't easy being green

Well, what do you know? Thank you so much, PC, the check is in the mail. Luckily for all of you, this caught me totally by surprise and I do not even have an acceptance speech ready. So, I will simply lay the new word on y'all:

penicillate
treekisser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 02:22 PM   #3492
Stephi_B
waaaaaaa :)

to penicillate v

to be in vibrant writing mood

Problem is, there ain't a button that says "penicillation on"....
Stephi_B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 06:20 PM   #3493
Marcus Bales

penicillate - Dinzdale's preferred sexual technique.

After Professor Dinzdale began to penicillate, her eyes rolled back in her head and she gave herself up to pure pleasure.
Old 02-10-2009, 06:48 AM   #3494
Brynn
constantly amazed

penicillate - v - to try to try back later.

Yoda never penicillated. Now he is dead.

Last edited by Brynn : 02-14-2009 at 08:50 PM. Reason: clarity
Brynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 12:07 PM   #3495
xfox
slightly effective

penicillate to go only in one direction with no option for return.

In parabola fashion the Graphlex shutter dialated, film exposed and the moment was instantly penicilated.
xfox is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: