ZEFRANK.COM - message board  

Go Back   ZEFRANK.COM - message board > Et Cetera
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-23-2007, 08:39 PM   #16
zefrank
-------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by topcat View Post
did you ever tell zen not to do it. did you ever talk to zen in private about it?
no - but "moderator" status was given to people so that they could see the darkroom (and have the power to delete messages in the darkroom - SPAM only became an issue afterwards) frieda and lala were the only people ever asked to moderate.

no - but unlike many other people on this board she never contacted me. (about this issue)
zefrank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 08:40 PM   #17
zefrank
-------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anna View Post
hey, I have a question. isn't that that show on WNYC airing like at 8, what are you doing here or is it taped?
the show was taped on friday.
Old 07-23-2007, 08:46 PM   #18
Hyakujo's Fox
left hanging

Location: between the click of the light and the start of the dream
Quote:
Originally Posted by zefrank View Post
because you, audrey and zen made me ask the question "why here?"
see there are winners and losers
Hyakujo's Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 08:50 PM   #19
Anna
n

Quote:
the show was taped on friday.
so was it fun?
Anna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 08:52 PM   #20
Mik
Registered Abuser

Quote:
yes - the place is littered with eggshells. plenty of eggs were thrown. what do you want to know?
letsee,

I think I figured out most of what's going on... you're keeping 2 sections of this forum rolling and killing the rest. I can totally understand this.

What I really want to know is, how are you doing ze? 50/50 didn't seem to pan out as well as we all wanted and I hope it didn't burn you too badly (though I think you probably knew the risks and didn't sink yourself too far into it). The latest forum shutdown/reconfig seemed like a severe reaction to what I could see was going on. Severe reactions always make me think something bigger is going on than what the surface shows. So, is there anything you need to get off your chest/unload. Are you getting fed up with all this iCrap? We're all here, we all care about you... you just need to talk to us.

Is there anything we can do for you?

Man, I'm such a sucker! Here I was all pissy about this and as soon as you reply to a post of mine I go all soft and just want everyone to hug and such.

gee, while I'm at it, I'd really like to talk to you about my show! What am I doing wrong? and oohhh... remember that time I got you a beer?

I was like "do you want a Guinness?"
and you were like "no, nothing that heavy"
so I got you a Bass. Crazy times
Mik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 08:55 PM   #21
zefrank
-------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anna View Post
so was it fun?
yes. it was the most fun i've had since the show ended. amazing to have a staff of people that are helping you along.
Old 07-23-2007, 09:03 PM   #22
Anna
n

Quote:
yes. it was the most fun i've had since the show ended. amazing to have a staff of people that are helping you along.
a new direction perhaps?

now I'll listen

after the news...
Anna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 09:06 PM   #23
zefrank
-------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mik View Post
letsee,

I think I figured out most of what's going on... you're keeping 2 sections of this forum rolling and killing the rest. I can totally understand this.

What I really want to know is, how are you doing ze? 50/50 didn't seem to pan out as well as we all wanted and I hope it didn't burn you too badly (though I think you probably knew the risks and didn't sink yourself too far into it). The latest forum shutdown/reconfig seemed like a severe reaction to what I could see was going on. Severe reactions always make me think something bigger is going on than what the surface shows. So, is there anything you need to get off your chest/unload. Are you getting fed up with all this iCrap? We're all here, we all care about you... you just need to talk to us.

Is there anything we can do for you?

Man, I'm such a sucker! Here I was all pissy about this and as soon as you reply to a post of mine I go all soft and just want everyone to hug and such.

gee, while I'm at it, I'd really like to talk to you about my show! What am I doing wrong? and oohhh... remember that time I got you a beer?

I was like "do you want a Guinness?"
and you were like "no, nothing that heavy"
so I got you a Bass. Crazy times
in terms of bigger issues, no, there isn't anything specific. it was severe, and i was angry.

i like your show...if i was nit picking i'd say come in tighter on the edits and maybe remember that not all awkwardness is funny, sometimes its just awkward.
Old 07-23-2007, 09:06 PM   #24
brightpearl
Rhinoceros fan

I agree with Mik. But I think we should let Ze and anyone else involved speak on their own time frame, if at all. Perhaps burning questions should be reserved for pm's?

It isn't that I think it should be swept under the rug; it's just that I fear it might be too soon to cover it logically and kindly. Only those directly involved will know when it's a good time for them.

I'm just glad to have the fun given a bit of a reprieve, and I don't want to muck it up already.

I'm really glad you had some fun on Friday, Ze.
brightpearl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 09:40 PM   #25
zenbabe
Lollypop!

Quote:
did you ever tell zen not to do it. did you ever talk to zen in private about it?

No and No

-Dr. Seuss
zenbabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 10:06 PM   #26
auntie aubrey
excursions

Quote:
Originally Posted by brightpearl View Post
It isn't that I think it should be swept under the rug; it's just that I fear it might be too soon to cover it logically and kindly. Only those directly involved will know when it's a good time for them.
i agree that it's probably a bit too soon to be picking the wound. however, it is sort of the 800 lb gorilla in the room.

i don't know. i'm uncomfortable. i wasn't involved in whatever it was that started all of this off, and i certainly don't know the details about why it happened. all i know is most of the forum has been shut down and the future of the remaining sections is unclear.

i sort of feel like i'm a guest at a party where the host is ready to go to bed, but he won't ask the guests to leave and keeps refilling the drinks to be polite. so i'm sitting on the sofa, feeling a little awkward and unsure whether the refills are being offered genuinely or reluctantly. and i'm kind of wondering where i put my coat and purse and trying to figure out if i can find a tactful way to call it a night without making the host feel like he guilted me into leaving.

i took the analogy too far.
Old 07-23-2007, 10:07 PM   #27
topcat
monkey

one last thing i have to say. when lala deleted my posts you and i had most of our conversations about it in private. you never came out and publicly came and spanked lala.

This is an internet bulletin board.

Nothing more. Nothing less
topcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 10:25 PM   #28
zefrank
-------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenbabe View Post
No and No
i already covered that.
Old 07-23-2007, 11:31 PM   #29
zefrank
-------------

Quote:
one last thing i have to say. when lala deleted my posts you and i had most of our conversations about it in private. you never came out and publicly came and spanked lala.
is there a question in this? i'll be happy to answer it.

to clear up the lala thing, she emailed me without my prompting - realized that she overstepped her bounds - voluntarily handed in her keys and left - i did not ask her to do this.

this is contrary to what i said before. my mistake.
Old 07-23-2007, 11:47 PM   #30
Audreyvgs
Blue's Clues

Quote:
i already covered that.
?

Last edited by Audreyvgs : 07-23-2007 at 11:51 PM.
Audreyvgs is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: