ZEFRANK.COM - message board  

Go Back   ZEFRANK.COM - message board > FAST CHAT
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 12 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 11-12-2003, 06:24 PM   #16
Hermione
monkey

omg.. the best shoes ever.. JIMMY CHOO..
Hermione is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2003, 10:38 PM   #17
~*WickedAngel*~
Sanitarium Patient

Location: Peeking through your window with my binoculars and digital camera.
oooooohhh a girlie thread!!! YAYYYYY!!!!

Ok, for my face I use an avacado mud mask once a week, at night while I take a looooong bubble bath with lavender bath oils and white rose pedals. Very spa like. (my mom has a big spa tub)
I also use Noxema, I like the way it tingles. I have really sensitive skin, so I can only use products that don't irritate. It's really hard to find those unless you wanna spend hundreds of dollars.

For make up I LOVE the Max Factor line. Their products last a pretty good while without having to touch up. I especially love the Lasting Performance foundation. Good coverage and lasts a while. I love the Almay "Bright Eyes" mascara. It's the best at thickening and seperating, also making you look like you've got longer and more lashes. For eyeliner it's Loriel's liquid eyes, I love how that looks. I DON'T use blush, I can't stand the way it looks on me. Sometimes I'll use a bronzer, but that's incredibly rare unless it's during the summer. I love all kinds of lip glosses. The shiny lip look has always been my favorite. I usually wear make up every day unless I'm running late and don't have time.

As for shoes, there's nothing better than a pair of comfy flip-flops. I bought my last pair at Walmart for $4. I thought that was a pretty good steal. Every season I buy a new pair of Sketchers, they're extremely comfortable to wear and dance in. They've been my favorites for 4 years now. Before the flip-flops I bought a pair of knee high boots that I like to wear with skirts, but I only wear those to class or places I can sit down. They're murder on my poor toes.

Jimmy Choo shoes are amazing shoes, but I doubt any of us can afford them. I know I can't.

Also, THE INTUITION RAZOR KICKS A$$!!! I LOVE THAT DAMN THING!!!!!!
Old 11-13-2003, 12:10 AM   #18
priceyfatprude
girthy pickles

This is the correct link from my earlier post:

http://www.pureromanceparties.com/prfinal.html

This is the shaving product I use:

http://www.pureromanceparties.com/pr...erID=43&page=1
priceyfatprude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2003, 12:26 AM   #19
~*WickedAngel*~
Sanitarium Patient

*falls out of chair laughing*

It's called Coochy?!

Does it really work?
Old 11-13-2003, 12:32 AM   #20
Audreyvgs
Blue's Clues

Im Old.

I just ordered some Retin-A off the web, I can't freakin believe what the sun did to my face. I need to buy a right hand drive car, cuz the left side of my face is giving way!!(to wrinkles) but not the right!!!! It doesnt help that i sleep on my left side, (I have to, rotator cuff rip on the right arm. 10 yrs ago, it's been up on pillows to sleep since then) (but don't worry, it doesnt hurt anymore since the operation i had last Dec, but I still can't sleep on it)

So, I guess I'll just walk around for a couple of weeks with the left side of my face all red from the chemicals. Hopefully, it's fixable, if not, well, lets just say that i'm not adverse to savin up some money for the big fix later.
Audreyvgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2003, 12:34 AM   #21
priceyfatprude
girthy pickles

Audrey: SUNSCREEN & aloe gel. Keep the aloe in the fridge for a cool treat on hot skin.

Wicked: Yes, it is really called Coochy & yes it really works nicely. Forget you left it on the bathroom counter before a party for all sorts of comments.
priceyfatprude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2003, 12:48 AM   #22
~*WickedAngel*~
Sanitarium Patient

Sorry, PFP, my mind wandered to dangerous territories for a minute. Goodie, now I feel like a 13 yr old boy.

Origins has good products
Old 11-13-2003, 12:51 AM   #23
Audreyvgs
Blue's Clues

Too late!

It's too late for aloe, and under my eyes isnt the problem. Its the skin on my left cheek, it's like getting craggy, like (sorry, but i cant think of anything else for an example) like nibbies do, when they get hard. It's like goosebumpy then wrinkly, permanent. Like sometimes when you sleep hard, you get wrinkles in your face, only these are smaller, I've seen this kind of wrinkles on old rode-hard-put-up-wet waitresses and stuff, eeeuw! The damage actually ws done years ago, I don't go out without sunscreen, of course now, but Iused to be able to go all day without it. fishin.
Old 11-13-2003, 01:04 AM   #24
Audreyvgs
Blue's Clues

apricot isn't rough enough. There used to be like Pernox or something like that but I havent seen it in years!!!

NOw that i remembered the name, I'll get on the web and find it...thx
Old 11-13-2003, 01:13 AM   #25
catbelly
monkey

Hey, I hope this doesn't destroy anyone's vision of me as a natural BC chick... but I can be kind of a makeup/product/perfume slut. *sigh* Don't hate me.

Aud, I'm 35 and recently decided to start using an AHA cream to get rid of fine lines. I was kinda skeptical at first, but holy cannoli, it actually works. Not fast or anything, but gradually. Like anything good, right? Anyway I went to Paula Begoun's site, I think it's http://www.cosmeticscop.com/ and looked at reviews of all the products. She is a bit ... enthusiastic ... but she reviews all brands (expensive and not) and rates them. She's not shy to say something's shitty, either. And, no, I don't work for her

Anyway there's a section where you can search for all products of a certain type that got ratings of "good" or better. I did that, then picked the one that was reasonably priced (the brand is NeoStrata). My skin's texture is a lot more even, smooth, etc. Not dramatically, but, you know, I don't think a cream can do dramatic stuff anyway.
catbelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2003, 01:21 AM   #26
Audreyvgs
Blue's Clues

ooOOOooOOOOOO thanks!
Old 11-13-2003, 04:35 AM   #27
Pebbles
monkey

thank you, you girls just made me realize why i hang out with only guys. im didnt mean that the way it sounded, im just not all for the whole skin care with hundreds of dollors worth of stuff, i have less shoes than my boy friend, and my make up is limited to lip gloss chapstick and sometimes mascara, and for my hair, hair glue for spikies in the back, and hairspray for the flyaways in the front. lol. i feel so left out in this convo.
Pebbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2003, 04:49 AM   #28
rmr

Quote:
Originally posted by Pebbles
thank you, you girls just made me realize why i hang out with only guys. im didnt mean that the way it sounded, im just not all for the whole skin care with hundreds of dollors worth of stuff, i have less shoes than my boy friend, and my make up is limited to lip gloss chapstick and sometimes mascara, and for my hair, hair glue for spikies in the back, and hairspray for the flyaways in the front. lol. i feel so left out in this convo.

i'm sorry pebbles....how old are you??? Talk to me when you're over 30. I used to say the same thing you do/did
rmr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2003, 05:06 AM   #29
Pebbles
monkey

i have too much respect for my body to cover it up with a ton of make up... i understand cleaning it, but why not just use rubbing alcohol and a facial lotion? and secondly, i dont need 100 pairs of shoes, i like haveing few that are comfortable, cause as long as im comfortable, nothing else matters. before i graduated, i went to school in pajamas, wake up, take a shower, get dressed into pj pants, and a sweater, pull my hair back, slap on some lip gloss so my lips dont get chapped, and im out the door. at 30 or over, i dont see myself getting dressed up for more than i do now... and its not much. even for prom, i had light eyeshadow, mascara, and a tinted lip gloss on... you shouldnt need to spend a bunch in "beauty supplies" to look beautiful, natural is a lot better than any makeup you could buy.
Pebbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2003, 05:10 AM   #30
rmr

obviously you haven't read the whole thread........it's about things that make you feel good........but.......YOU GO GIRL.....you got it and you know it!!!!!!
rmr is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: