ZEFRANK.COM - message board  

Go Back   ZEFRANK.COM - message board > FICTION PROJECT
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 18 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 03-29-2003, 07:06 PM   #1
beckstra
one classy broad

The Cough Syrup Buzz.

The metal was cold and hard. Immediately it touched my tongue and I cringed. Shoveling the spoon in my mouth the purple syrup slid it's way onto my tongue like molten lava. Suddenly my nose was filled with the bittersweet, smokey, grape flavor. The taste barely rivaled a million raw Tylenol caplets opened and pasted out with a drop of water and stung every tastebud in my mouth. The inside of my cheeks fizzled until they were completely numb. My eyes swelled up in a royal pain, nearly to the point of bleeding, but instead forming salty tears that broke their way down my face.
beckstra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2003, 09:06 PM   #2
lapietra
half baked

Well, this is what I get for staying out so late, I thought resignedly. The beginnings of a raging case of bronchitis. If I had just stayed away from the Scotch and drunk club soda...
I knew better than to drink when I was that tired. I always get sick... It starts with a runny nose, then progresses to a sore throat, and the next thing I know I'm coughing my lungs out...
lapietra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2003, 07:47 PM   #3
fodder

Shaking my head free of thought, I gotta stand up.

I stand in front of the mirror for a long time. I watch my face transform: foxlike and sharp, pupils creeping darker, wider. I feel the knots untangle, mind moving thought to thought with deft agility. My throat feels slick. Taste buds colliding into one another, exploding until my tongue shrivels up. Run the water, wet my face. Dry my hands.

I walk out of the bathroom, eyes down. Don't make eye contact. Listen to the beats and ignore the clobber of bodies meshing and mixing. Don't let them putrefy the music, this feeling.

I walk to a spot in the corner and watch the people dance.

I look at my nails, crack my knuckles, play with my hair to avoid watching him. My thoughts are changing with fiendish lucidity. So pathetically liberated. Anything to keep from being lonely around him, I keep telling myself. I don't want to be lonely when I'm with him, I remind myself as I hide in the shadows, watching him flock in the light.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: