ZEFRANK.COM - message board  

Go Back   ZEFRANK.COM - message board > FICTION PROJECT
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 28 votes, 4.86 average. Display Modes
Old 04-11-2003, 08:47 AM   #61
nycwriters
Stuck in T.O.

The door opened. In walked Sally with Sal, a smug smile on her face.

"Daddddddy," she squealed and ran to her father, gingerly stepping over guacamole Joey.

Sal stood in the dark shadows at the back of the room, smoking yet another cigarette.

"he's your daddy?" I fumbled. This was too much. Only last week this girl had me tied to my coffee table with a can of whipped cream on one hand and a zucchini in the other.

I needed to learn to keep my internal thoughts internal, and not say everything out loud.

Everyone in the room was staring at me. Sally was turning a combination of embarassed red and angry red. I sheepishly grinned.

I needed to stop drinking too. I had forgotten that the fat man had introduced me to Sally about 14 paragraphs earlier. Time has blurred again.

The fat man gave me a look that still makes me shudder. Like I was a cow on a meathook. Things were not going my way.

Things were definately going Sally's way though. The smart cookie scooped up the "wrong" package and magically materialized another one, *plop*, onto the Fat Man's lap.

"There's my guy, er, girl," he said, offering her a kiss on the cheek.

He began to unwrap the package.

Inside was the most beautiful miniature painting he'd ever seen, and a salami sandwich.
nycwriters is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: