Go Back   ZEFRANK.COM - message board > DEBATE HALL
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 28 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-14-2005, 09:31 PM   #1
dinzdale
King of the patns

Board Dynamics

Well, here we go again, more ranting and gnashing of teeth.

Just my humble opinion.
I think the very size and scale of the membership in this board has grown so large and cumbersome that very little of the orignal personality has remained. Very little is actually imparted in the way of information or even entertainment. I'm feel that Ze has always left to us to play and come up with new stuff, but it has become a very stale place for ideas.
I suppose I'm scribbling this after today's fracas, where once again, the loudest voices only were heard. Right or wrong, it was only the pile of irrelevance that gets heard.
I'm not a philospher, or a man of great highminded conversation, and I know we wont put the world to rights, but this is just tedious.
It seems to me (opinion alert), it seems to me that if someone has an opinion , valid or otherwise, it is never constructively dealt with.
And then there are all the judgments when everyone seems to try to be first not to judge.
Example : If an opinion was given of say "I dont like eskimos" the loud voices would defend all things innuit, and berate the opinioned person for having such a shocking rascist view, regardless of any explanation (which the opinion giver doesnt necessarliy have to give any of us). Others would just post large pictures of fatuous images.
Now, if the opinion was "I dont like republicans" because the loudest voices would be "hear, hear..well said...GWB is a such and such" and the opinion part of the general concensus of this large cumbersome gathering, barely a comment would arise.

I dont know, I'm rambling, but basically, is this place now too big and unwieldly to allow any single opinion not in line with the majority to even be heard without chastisement.

Whatever.
dinzdale is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: