ZEFRANK.COM - message board  

Go Back   ZEFRANK.COM - message board > Being little
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-18-2002, 03:09 PM   #1
ShiMegami
monkey

Parents: Wonderful life Lessons

Well, I had a rare flashback that I wanted to share. Unfortunatly, none of my contacts are on on any lists...and then: Lo and behold! The "Being Little" board!
My dad taught me a valuable lesson when I was two years old. I was watching him vacuum with the innocent eyes of an admiring daughter, clutching a stuffed rabbit. I watched him accidentally stumble into the shelf, causing a potted plant to fall. He punched the wall and yelled "God damn it!", apperantly not knowing I was there. I eyed my rabbit, then looked to my dad, still swearing.
So what did I do? Throw down my rabbit and yell, "God damn it!" as well. My dad turned around in horror as I grinned broadly in pride. He'd love it that I was just like him...right? Unfortunatly, he had forgotten his outburst and sent me to my room without dessert.
The life lesson? Do as I say, not as I do. The end ^_^.

Last edited by ShiMegami : 09-18-2002 at 04:12 PM.
ShiMegami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2002, 03:44 PM   #2
brittykitty
better than your mom

being a highly energetic spactic hyperactive child i was called "ding bat" by my parents as an endearing nick name.... un fortunatly i thought ding bat was my middle name until i was 6 and often told this to people.
Old 09-20-2002, 02:33 PM   #3
red
elite rabble

I used to (okay, still do) run into corners of tables and walls, etc. I found out years later from my sisters that my Mom used to called me "Junebug" because of the way I would flit and bounce into things. She still thinks it's funny. Good thing I'm easygoing.
Old 09-22-2002, 01:56 AM   #4
brittykitty
better than your mom

santa

my dad told me santa was from fiji. imagine the embrassment in kindergarten. the teacher asked the class where santa was from, my hand shot up, she picked me, i said fiji and was mortified. thanks dad.
Old 09-22-2002, 02:23 AM   #5
lapietra
half baked

you just reminded me...

When I was about three I asked where babies came from. My mom, trying to be honest, said, "Well, when a man and woman love each other very much, they hug each other very close, and he puts a seed there", pointing to her stomach, "and a baby grows, and comes out here," pointing to, you know, where babies come from.
Well, I knew I really loved my dad and uncle and grandpa, and my parents had close friends who were men who I loved, and I hugged them all the time! So for a few months after, everytime I used the toilet, I checked for the baby. 'Cos I knew it would come out eventually...
Old 09-27-2002, 08:25 PM   #6
clairus99
monkey

My nieces told me that their baby sister was born after their mum ate a jelly-baby. Then she squeezed her out of her belly button.

I asked my dad, at some point, how old he was and he told me, "99 and a day". So of course I believed him. He's my dad. I was proud bcos my dad was older than everyone elses.

My nan used to send some of my cousins to the shops, asking them to get a "rubber hammer" or a "glass hammer" or "tartan paint"......what a character was she!

Playgirl Claire
clairus99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2002, 12:15 PM   #7
Isla
monkey

Hmmm.

When I was about 4 years old, I stepped in dogshit right before getting in the car.

I started crying and my mom asked what was the matter.

"I stepped in DOGSHIT" was my plaintive cry.

My mother was a bit shocked and started to reprimand me, and I'll never forget my father defending my outburst.

"But Honey, that's what it IS!" he insisted.

Yay, Dad!

<---was taught that sometimes, curse words are appropriate!
Isla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2002, 12:21 PM   #8
Isla
monkey

While I'm at it, I may as well tell you how I am scarring my own kids for life.

When my oldest daughter and neice asked me what sex was like, I told them.

I said that when a boy gets excited, his weenie hocks a loogie... and what really makes them happy is to hock that loogie on you. And that therefore, you want to make sure you really care about a guy and that he cares about you before you start fooling around... 'cause it's true!

I am actually very popular with the children in my life.
Isla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2002, 02:05 PM   #9
AllegroNg
What I Am Wearing.

It's so fun trying to explain to children why swearing is bad! It's just a word

Isla! Are we allowed to say "Shit" here?? =-O

If I ever decide to start breeding, I always wonder if I should introduce my kids to the idea of Santa Claus. I'd feel like it's lying, and giving credit to a fictional character. You know?
AllegroNg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2002, 05:03 PM   #10
NekoPunk
Don't dream it, be it...

santa isn't just a 'character', he teaches the spirit of giving, and how, at least for one night a year, everyone in the world is equal in someone's eyes. of course, that's assuming that you don't believe in god, and that he is watching you with love at all times.

when i found out, i wasn't really too upset, b/c i could still keep up the charade for my little brother. it was fun to watch him, every year, be so excited. if you take santa out of a childs life, by not introducing them to begin with, it's going to start destroying the last bit of imagination that this next generation has left. for god's sake, we need something. let them have santa. we're a world of cynics. let the kids grow up before the world is forced on them.

sorry, i totally just ranted there. nothing against you, allegro, it just makes me so mad that kids now have to grow up so fast, when something as simple as that can keep them innocent. k, i'm done. i swear. ^__^
You bring your knees in tight...
But it's the pelvic thrust...
That really drives you insane!
Let's do the time-warp again!
NekoPunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2002, 06:31 PM   #11
AllegroNg
What I Am Wearing.

Neko, I understand entirely! And I actually appreciate your perspective on this! ::hands Neko a flower::

Just that when I was told there wasn't really a Santa Claus, I thought, "Hmm... what else aren't they telling me.. ?"

I hope they keep the Santa spirit going, coz nothing could be better than my father dressing up as Santa every Christmas!
AllegroNg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2002, 09:30 PM   #12
NekoPunk
Don't dream it, be it...

^_^
You bring your knees in tight...
But it's the pelvic thrust...
That really drives you insane!
NekoPunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2002, 01:35 AM   #13
saskuoch
Somebody stole my cheese

In my house, Santa still visits as much for my parents as he ever did for the kids. My mother loves going out and finding a gift that we didn't ask for. It's also her chance to give us vitamins and things without nagging. My youngest sister is 15
We are, of course, now living in what George W. Bush has called the "era of personal responsibility": if a child chooses to have parents who can't afford health care, that child will have to accept the consequences.
saskuoch is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: