ZEFRANK.COM - message board  

Go Back   ZEFRANK.COM - message board > Being little
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-22-2002, 04:46 PM   #1
red
elite rabble

Driving your parents crazy

As I have replied to various threads, it occurred to me I have put my parents through a lot.
Well, not just me, my sisters too. My Mom would say, "What one didn't think of the other two would." It's amazing they are still sane, functioning people.

Where are all the spoons?
It was very easy to get up on the roof of the house I grew up in. My sisters and I liked to climb up there and sit. We also liked peanutbutter spoons (a heaping spoonful of peanutbutter you lick off). We would grab a peanutbutter spoon and head up to the roof and just leave the spoon on the chimney. Sometimes I would be in the backyard and finish a spoon and just fling it on the roof, I don't know why I did it, I just did it. We started to run low on spoons and my Mom couldn't figure out where they were going until my Dad had to fix a leak in the roof, probably caused by us getting up there and playing around.

The purple line
One of my sisters drew a line in purple crayon 2ft from the ground, all the way around the house.

The bunny on the table
The dinner table's veneer is old and soft. My youngest sister, with her fingernail, scratched out a bunny in the veneer. My Mom had no idea who had done it, but assummed I had done it because I was the "artist" (all 3 of us are artistic). I didn't know who had done it. My sister let me hang for it for years until one year she fessed up.

Orange ornaments
We had these orange silk ball ornaments. I wanted to see what was inside them. I found a "loose" string and started to unravel the ball. I had so much fun I did all of them.

My parents had a joke between them, but I don't think it was a joke. Whoever asks for the divorce gets the kids.

Last edited by red : 09-25-2002 at 06:00 PM.
red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2002, 08:50 PM   #2
Fightgrrl

driving mom just a little crazy

Red, sounds like you & your siblings were fun kids.

I'm new to this board (hi everyone!) and will start with the confession that my sisters and I weren't nearly as daring as you! You must have had pretty easy-going folks for those to be memories you can laugh at!

My mom did have this eyebrow thing, though: she would insist we comb our eyebrows upwards, and keep them neat. A brush, comb, or mom's spit-slick thumb worked equally well for the task.

So if we wanted to drive her just a little bit crazy we would all swagger in for breakfast with one eyebrow intentionally smushed down, as far as it would go. Worked every time.

I recently emailed her a pic of me with my new beau. Her appraisal? "He has nice eyebrows. They are thick, but nice and neat." I'm pretty sure that bodes well...
Fightgrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2002, 01:21 PM   #3
red
elite rabble

I'm sure my Mom wished there was something like ritalin when my sisters and I were young. I know my grandparents enjoyed all of it.
Old 11-03-2002, 12:11 AM   #4
Isla
monkey

Wink

Just wait until you have kids of your own!

BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

<---mother of 3 little darlings
Isla is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: