ZEFRANK.COM - message board  

Go Back   ZEFRANK.COM - message board > FICTION PROJECT
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 6 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 11-10-2006, 07:21 PM   #16
Avalon

Today 03:03 PMdemonic666Not a right lot!!!Today 10:25 AM

I'm sensing barely disguised hostility....
I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it.
Groucho Marx
Avalon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2006, 07:33 PM   #17
demonic666
Demonic666

I've never been disguised as a hostile bear in my life!

http://www.cafepress.com/demonic666
http://www.cafepress.com/demonic666part2
http://www.cafepress.com/demonic666part3
http://www.squidoo.com/cafepress/fantasyart
demonic666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 02:38 PM   #18
dddrum
Amateur Human

Exclamation The Strangest Sensation

I was dreaming that I was hiding from something bad and generally awful. (A hostile bear, perhaps?) I was crouched down behind a sofa or a bar or something, on my hands and knees, and I was beginning to grow uncomfortable. Suddenly I became aware that my arm was wrapped protectively around somebody, and my shoulder was aching from holding this awkward position.

Now here comes the strange sensation...

As soon as I realized my arm was around someone, this little row of mental dominoes fell, and I became successively aware that:

1.) The person my arm was around was my wife

2.) My arm was hyperextended at the shoulder, hence the ache

3.) I was emerging into wakefulness from a vivid but quickly melting dreamstate, and...

4.) I was not, in fact, on my hands and knees behind a counter at midday with my face toward the floor, but...

5.) Lying on my back in bed in the dead of night with my face toward the ceiling, my arm wrapped not over my dear wife, but under her.

That transition between 4.) and 5.), where day became night, down became up, and over under, was a Mighty Morphin' Mindf*ck of the first order. I highly recommend it to alla y'all. It's better than Space Mountain, folx!
Old 11-17-2006, 10:56 PM   #19
Odbe
hope dope

I had a dream like that, but not as awesome. I was trying to catch a zombie/monster/undead thing to stop it getting away and destroying the world/killing people etc. etc.
I had pinned its arm to the wall, but it just ripped its arm off and ran away (being undead of course). Then I woke up and had a strange readjustment when I realised that I actually had my own arm pinned against the wall, and there hadn't been a zombie attached to it moments before (to the best of my knowledge).

Last edited by Odbe : 11-17-2006 at 10:59 PM.
Odbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 12:43 PM   #20
T.I.P.
balancing actor

Last night I dreamt I was walking around in a supermarket. I turn a corner and see a big Ze-frank stand, colored bright orange. His face is on all the products, eyes bulging out and finger pointing towards the inside of the package with a huge grin that barely conceals the irony.

I'm trying to figure out how he managed to market a product all the way over here in France, and decide to buy a pack of his product so I can show my friends and possibly give them a giggle. I then realize that he is selling fully packaged tacos in airtight packages. I start thinking that I would rather not buy one, but it turns out that he also sells a cheese version, with no ground beef inside.

I'm not sure I bought it, because my dream went somewhere else after that .
T.I.P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 02:30 PM   #21
Bman
monkey

It always freaks me out when I'm eating in a dream (which happens alot -_-) and I never get full.
Bman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 08:25 AM   #22
brightpearl
Rhinoceros fan

My two most disturbing dreams:

I am in the produce section of the grocery store in a town I used to live in, but hated. I am trying to choose between 2 types of dried scorpions. The yellow ones are fat and still look kind of juicy. Yuck. The black ones seem well-dried -- just crunchy exoskeleton -- and they have huge stingers. Yick. The end.

When I had that dream, I was trying to choose between two grad school options that I found equally distasteful, ha ha.

I feel ill. There are loud noises and bright lights, and I am looking for a quiet place to rest. I don't find one. I vomit pearls.

I know what that one is about, too, but I'm not saying.

Last edited by brightpearl : 05-02-2007 at 01:51 PM. Reason: spelling. Meh.
brightpearl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 01:51 PM   #23
brightpearl
Rhinoceros fan

Last night I dreamed that I was watching an old spy movie starring an older Sean Connery alongside Bonnie Hunt. They were trying to kill each other in campy 60's spy movie style. I had seen the movie a hundred times and was vaguely enjoying knowing what would happen next. Then Jabba the hut peeked in from my kitchen and asked if I wanted an extra olive in the martini he was making for me.

It must have been the bedtime antihistamine.
brightpearl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 03:39 PM   #24
Bman
monkey

About two nights ago I finally had my first lucid dream. I was in an auditorium with two of my friends. Something was on the stage in the center was chanting in a strange language. I got the impression that it was a sermon of some kind. Anyway, it was kind of creepy. I just remember completely understanding that I was asleep at one point.

A 10/10 dream overall
Old 05-02-2007, 04:05 PM   #25
T.I.P.
balancing actor

^
just curious

1. can you describe the "thing" chanting (color, size) ?
2. What kind of chanting: high or low pitched, melodic or atonal, varying or repetitive ?
T.I.P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 07:24 PM   #26
Bman
monkey

I never looked at it. I just knew it was there. The rest of my dream had this distinct zombie apocalypse (or as I like to call it, the zombpocalypse) air to it. So it was probably something silly like the undead. Or the re-undead. My dreams are weird o_o

The chanting was this combination of grunts and a really unsettling droning noise.
Old 05-10-2007, 10:03 PM   #27
Dorkahontas
monkey

My husband is going with me to a doctor's appointment and we are both very sad, but resigned. We get there, I check in, and dorkboy and I go to the examining room. The doctor comes in with an enormous syringe and tells us that all the tests have come back, unfortunately it's the worst-case scenario and we should just get it over with. He steps toward me with the syringe and it finally dawns on me: I'm being euthanized. As the injection begins to do its work, I find I can't move, can't speak, am gasping for air, and it's PAINFUL. I try to communicate somehow that it's not working, either give me enough to kill me or MAKE IT STOP, but since I can neither move nor speak all I can do is try to communicate with my eyes. The doctor finally says, "Well, this isn't working. We'll have to try again next week." Next thing I know, I'm at work with a bazillion people asking me for things, and the phone ringing off the hook. I'm trying to tell one of my clients to bear with me, I was nearly dead yesterday and am having difficulty functioning but I should be okay tomorrow.

That's all I remember. My husband was as horrified by this dream as I was and assures me that he won't have me put down just yet.
Dorkahontas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 10:15 PM   #28
Dorkahontas
monkey

and another

Many years ago, I had this one on a regular basis.

I'm in my living room, curled up on the couch reading. A tooth suddenly falls out. I spit it into my hand and stare at it blankly, completely baffled. Another falls out. I jump in the car and am heading (I presume) to the dentist, and on the way the rest of my teeth fall out one by one in rapid succession. I'm in tears and panicked with both hands full of my own teeth and all of a sudden there are all these zombie-like people all around my car, not really doing much but pawing at the windows and blocking my way. I can't get past them unless I run over the ones in front of me and I can't bring myself to do it.

Sounds stupid, I know: menacing tooth-losing dream?!? But I'd wake up absolutely terrified.
Old 05-10-2007, 10:21 PM   #29
Veruki
hint of olive

^ I have a similar dream all the time, only I don't jump in my car. It's a strange dream to have, I always find myself thinking "crap, teeth don't grow back". Someone once told me that having a dream that you teeth fall out means money is coming your way, but I've never really noticed if I've gotten unexpected money afterward.
Old 05-10-2007, 10:34 PM   #30
Dorkahontas
monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veruki View Post
^ I have a similar dream all the time, only I don't jump in my car. It's a strange dream to have, I always find myself thinking "crap, teeth don't grow back". Someone once told me that having a dream that you teeth fall out means money is coming your way, but I've never really noticed if I've gotten unexpected money afterward.

I've heard lots of different interpretations myself. Usually losing just one tooth means something entirely different than losing several. I did quite a lot of research on the topic back when I was having the dream, because it would leave me freaked out for days afterward. The interpretation that made sense for me at the time was this: Your teeth are supposed to always be there. They're permanent. Dreaming of losing them symbolizes the feeling that you're losing things you think of as also being permanent fixtures in your life. During the year I had this dream, my father died and within six months of his death I'd also filed for divorce.

I like the "money coming your way" interpretation much better!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: