Go Back   ZEFRANK.COM - message board > FAST CHAT
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 6 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 11-01-2002, 12:41 PM   #1
Ctrl+Alt+Del
Cats Rule

What does your screen name mean?

What does your screen name mean?

And/Or... If your screen name is obvious, why did you pick it?

Definition: Most of you probably know what Ctrl+Alt+Del means. If not, and if you're on a PC, go ahead and type it on your keyboard --> Control+Alt+Delete to see what happens.

Why?: I've had many other screen names on other boards but I've always wanted to have this screen name simply to remind everyone of that sinking feeling when needing to type my screen name.
Ctrl+Alt+Del is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2002, 02:13 PM   #2
AllegroNg
What I Am Wearing.

AllegroNg, because the SN Master of None was already taken!

Allegro = fast, vibrant

Ng = Angie = Me

But then, most of my favorite songs are Allegro and in G. Sooo clever am I.. oh.. no.. wait..
AllegroNg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2002, 04:22 PM   #3
NekoPunk
Don't dream it, be it...

neko is japanese for 'cat'... and my fav anime character ever is kuro neko-sama, or Lord Black Cat on Trigun. neko is also a really, really overused (( ^_^;; )) otaku word, like nani (what) and arigato (thanks) , etc.

punk is.. well... punk.

i guess that means i'm a cat punk. ... a japanese cat punk. who lives in the midsouth. niiiice.
You bring your knees in tight...
But it's the pelvic thrust...
That really drives you insane!
Let's do the time-warp again!
Let's do the time-warp again!
NekoPunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2002, 06:49 PM   #4
catbelly
monkey

I am named for my little buddy Maurice's belly. In general, cat bellies are my favourite thing in the whole universe

Actually ... confession .... I was going to start a handle-origin thread like this, because after poking around and reading people's profiles ... I had this awful feeling that I might be coming off as a ze-stalker!! Sort of like going to, oh, say, J.Lo's site and signing in as "Big Ben." You know?

Anyway, ze if you are reading this I am not a ze-stalker! My love of cat bellies is totally unrelated to you (perhaps not unrelated to my love of Annie, though).
catbelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2002, 07:37 PM   #5
LadyCrow
WhY sO SiRiUs?

Hi, my name is...

Why/how did I choose my AOHell name? Well, it all started many moons ago, and let me take you back to that time...

:: playing music from the Little Rascals ::

My brother was helping me set up my account, and I originally wanted to be known as LadyIce (anyone else know the name of the group who did that song??). Sadly, it was already taken & I had to choose a new name. I looked around the room for inspiration, and my eyes landed on a poster I have for the movie The Crow (one of my all-time favorites). Needless to say, the rest is history.

I'm also pleased to have noted that while there are others on AOHell w/part of their name containing "LadyCrow", I am the original.

I've heard it said that the mask one chooses is ultimately revealing. Do you think it also applies to online names as well?

Pax,
LC
LadyCrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2002, 08:52 PM   #6
Ctrl+Alt+Del
Cats Rule

Lady Ice. Yes, I do happen to know who wrote that song!

Arcadia

It's actually one of my favorite songs. I'm a big 80's music fan and I've always dug Duran Duran and the Simon/Roger/John offshoot "Arcadia."

One time I saw someone with the screen name "Lady Eyes." Hehe.

You are my friend now.
Ctrl+Alt+Del is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2002, 10:14 PM   #7
amanda
old s'cool

The truth behind the shadows

My normal screen name is "dalang" for about 99% of what I do on the net.

It means "puppet master" in Indonesian. The shadow puppet masters of the Wuyang Kulit are called dalangs. Sort of reflects how I feel about personas on the Internet- moving shadows around to compose a story, sometimes happy, sometimes sad.

I thought, just this once, I'll use my real name instead of hiding behind a fictious facade. So many people hide on the Internet, that I thought the truth would be refreshing change for once.

Besides, most of you would have one hell of time trying to stalk me.
amanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2002, 02:10 AM   #8
lapietra
half baked

me moniker

Mine is just my last name, in Italian - I was called this by one of my vocal coaches in college (as well as Frau Stein and Miss Stewwwn by him and other professors). It's just a snobby opera thing... you know, La Callas, La Divina, La Stupenda, La Pietra. (Like I would actually be listed among them - geesh.)
Old 11-02-2002, 02:26 AM   #9
saskuoch
Somebody stole my cheese

I've been using the name Saskuoch since high school. I was an inside joke with some friends involving a dead cockroach and some dried hamburger meat on the cafeteria floor. I don't even remember the joke, just that we kept giving each other plastic roaches for a while afterwards.
We are, of course, now living in what George W. Bush has called the "era of personal responsibility": if a child chooses to have parents who can't afford health care, that child will have to accept the consequences.
saskuoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2002, 01:27 PM   #10
chuckie egg
a peach

Someone already asked me this question on the 'Tunes' thread i think.

At first I said it was just the first thing that came into my head (not making refernce to the scary doll from Childsplay) but then someone reminded me of the video game 'Chuckie Egg' from the eighties....I loved that game! So I came to the conclusion that I was indeed making a sub-concious reference to this amazing game from my childhood!
chuckie egg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2002, 03:42 PM   #11
Isla
monkey

Well, I'm of Spanish descent so it seemed natural to choose something Spanish for my screen name. "Isabel" is a family name but I was afraid if I chose "Isa", people would be like, "Is a what?"

I grew up in a semi-tropical environment and been called "Island girl"by quite a few people in the past... I guess I kind of look the part. So, a few years ago I started calling myself Isla or Islacita in cyberspace.

It's not very funny or clever but it suits me.
Isla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2002, 04:16 PM   #12
Deviate
Butt-F***ing the World

Sad sad song...

i'm actually disappointed with my User Name on the board. if i could go in and change it i would.

the story: i was showing a friend the magical land of zefrank.com and we noticed that a new board had been added. i was, as i often am, clad in all black, head to almost toe. my feet were bedecked in brilliant colors. these socks were purchased from an artist who works solely with footwear (pun intended). i told my friend that i wear the bright socks with all black because it's chic (pronounced "sheek" not "chicK"). my friend set up my name and the rest is, well, boring history.

i would be happier with Deviate or Deviated (or DV8 as my license plate reads).

Ze, if you ever want to take on a charity case and change sonmeone's name, this is the time. Help me!

-st.

p.s. This is kind of out-dated. My user name was "rainbow chic" and is now "Deviate". ZeFrank was kind enough to change it. See new post on the new name.

Last edited by Deviate : 11-04-2002 at 05:38 PM.
Deviate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2002, 06:29 PM   #13
beckstra
one classy broad

beckstra is short for beckstraordinary...which apparently was one letter too long for this board...and beckstraordinary is a play off my name, and extraordinary...
Old 11-04-2002, 01:31 PM   #14
Deviate
Butt-F***ing the World

i would like to thank "Zefrank" for changing my screen name. i was thrilled to come into the office early this A.M. and see that i am no longer Rainbow Chic (which everyone thought was Chick not chic). now i feel like myself!

thanks Ze!

-st.
Deviate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2002, 02:26 PM   #15
Eruantale
Bad Egg

Well, in case you haven't noticed yet, I'm a mad Tolkien freak :) and Eruantale - or Erunatalë, as it should be properly spelt - is my name in Elvish, as it has the same meaning as my real name.

*re-reads that* I really should seek professional help about that :D

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: