ZEFRANK.COM - message board  

Go Back   ZEFRANK.COM - message board > FICTION PROJECT
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 190 votes, 4.96 average. Display Modes
Old 08-03-2008, 11:10 PM   #3301
Coffee
Cheeses Save

mouflon, n.

Hairstyle; a tightly permed sienna brown Mohawk with white and black accent patches, reminiscent of a patch of wool from the wild sheep of the same name.

Remember when it was hip to sport a mouflon? Everyone is wearing a mouflon these days, the fvcking poser sheep.
Coffee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008, 11:11 PM   #3302
Coffee
Cheeses Save

Last edited by Coffee : 08-03-2008 at 11:13 PM. Reason: multi-posted
Coffee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 01:57 PM   #3303
Master_Jedi
Shaggy

mouflon - verb - pronounced Mow-Flaun.
The act of vomiting up recognizable food. ie.
James got so overheated at work today he moufloned, you could see eggs and ham, it was disgusting!

Can't wait till next season. =D
Master_Jedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 02:37 PM   #3304
Marcus Bales

Location: In a coign of the cliff between lowland and highland, at the sea-down's edge between windward and lee, walled round with rocks as an inland island, the ghost of a garden fronts the sea.
mouflon - The evidence of a multi-tasker's failure to keep the tasks separate, whether verbal, written, or physical.

I could tell she was trying to read a comic book, talk to her mom on the phone, and IM with me by the number of mouflons: every once in a while she'd type "Biff!" or "Please, mother!"
Old 08-05-2008, 05:02 PM   #3305
YsaPur EsChomuw
oi

mouflon the smallest unit of camouflage
10 mouflons (mfn) = 1 mouflage (mfg)
10 mouflages = 1 camouflage (cmf)

Named after Albert Camus, who, during moments of intense ennui tried to establish the equation between Body Mass Index and camouflage, but failed at this attempt. Later, he tried to camouflage his endeavours by calling them a sort of persiflage, and failed again, miserably.

source: winkipedia
YsaPur EsChomuw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 04:11 PM   #3306
treekisser
It isn't easy being green

Hi all! Treepecker here. Many of you are probably feeling ready to mouflon to the next word. So, I will be judging the entries tomorrow (8/7) using the international Olympic dictionary game rules. Stay tuned.

treekisser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 10:56 PM   #3307
treekisser

In case any of you were wondering, a mouflon is a wild sheep of Sardinia and Corsica. The plural is also mouflon. But, as usual, the tribe has come up with stellar, dyed-in-the-wool definitions, far surpassing in imagination and spirit any old wild sheeps you are likely to encounter in the Mediterranean. Our linguists have envisioned mouflon as a souffle, a hair-style, a pleasant sensation, a non-crabby response, testicular topography, a muffler, a unit of measure, a multi-tasking mishap, a direction,
and, uh, a pre-digested meal.

This week, our judges are awarding Olympic medals to our world-class dictionaires.

The first, a silver medal for best mouflon imitation goes to Coffee:

Coffee
mouflon, n.

Hairstyle; a tightly permed sienna brown Mohawk with white and black accent patches, reminiscent of a patch of wool from the wild sheep of the same name.

Remember when it was hip to sport a mouflon? Everyone is wearing a mouflon these days, the fvcking poser sheep.
[We sure don't, Java. You are seriously dating yourself]
seebe takes home a bronze medal for intimate anatomical study for this definition:

mouflon - The name for those little bumps on a man's ballsicals.
[I don't have any on mine. You must need to pay extra for them.]
Our own Marcus has given a label to a growing dilemma in today's world, and earned himself a silver medal in the keyboard triathlon:

Marcus Bales
mouflon - The evidence of a multi-tasker's failure to keep the tasks separate, whether verbal, written, or physical.

I could tell she was trying to read a comic book, talk to her mom on the phone, and IM with me by the number of mouflons: every once in a while she'd type "Biff!" or "Please, mother!"

Loathe as I am to put a fox in charge of the sheep, I make an exception of xfox who is appointed leader of the flock and awarded a bronze medal for:

mouflon moving forward, as opposed to monback.

Al was directing the van and repeated, monback until the fellow up front ordered, "mouflon, mouflon"!

Eskimos, I am told, have a dozen words for "snow" because they notice differences in the snow and it matters to them. It must be the same for Master_Jedi and vomit, because I otherwise cannot comprehend how he comes up with:

mouflon - verb - pronounced Mow-Flaun.
The act of vomiting up recognizable food. ie.

James got so overheated at work today he moufloned, you could see eggs and ham, it was disgusting!
[I thought your help with the pronunciation was a nice touch. The judges are still conferring on what medal to award to you, Yoda.]
Brynn gets a silver medal for, once again, brown-nosing the judges and also gets extra credit for illustrating the subtle nuance of difference between a crabby and uncrabby response:

Crabby:
"Please do not tell me that I've been gone for two weeks and we're just now getting to a new word."

UnCrabby:
"Thank you so much, Hfox, for almost waiting for me to get back to advance the game. Now I know that you like me! You really, really like me!" (Insert appropriate emoticon here depending on your current ratio of cynicism to romanticism levels)

mouflon - a peculiar, brightly-colored, extra-fuzzy muffler typically wrapped around the ponderosa pine trees on treekisser's brookside property to celebrate the winter solstice.

"What??? Another mouflon? Gosh, you guys, you sure do know me!" Treekisser grinnned wryly, ripping open the rest of the trout-and-bear-embossed gift wrap that Trisherina had so thoughtfully selected for her friend.

Alas, Brynn must share her medal with Marcus Bales, who dared her into brown-nosing with

mouflon - an admirably non-crabby response when a crabby response might be expected or even accepted.

Everyone appreciated Treek's mouflon.
[For my next treek, ...]
Sheepishly, I pin a silver medal on trisherina's fine chest for restraining herself from dis-ing an unnamed work of literature:

mouflon: The sensation you feel when you realize that you don't want to put down a book.
[Girl, what, pray tell, have you been reading?]
And the gold medal goes, once again, to YsaPur EsChomuw, for her pair, I mean, for her pair of brilliant definitions showing shear genius, and I do not mean to pull the wool over anyone's eyes. See for yourself:

mouflon the smallest unit of camouflage
10 mouflons (mfn) = 1 mouflage (mfg)
10 mouflages = 1 camouflage (cmf)

Named after Albert Camus, who, during moments of intense ennui tried to establish the equation between Body Mass Index and camouflage, but failed at this attempt. Later, he tried to camouflage his endeavours by calling them a sort of persiflage, and failed again, miserably.

source: winkipedia

and..

mouflon - a savoury, fluffy baked dish made from egg yolks and whipped egg whites combined with mutton*. The top is decorated with a curving horn.

*replaced with moose in some parts of Canada. In that case, the top is decorated with moose hoofprints -- and so is the baker's kitchen

[Let's eat!]

My compliments to all for a game well played. Ysobel, you're in charge!
Old 08-08-2008, 12:45 AM   #3308
YsaPur EsChomuw
oi

That was lovely

Unfortunately, due to reasons... erm... not unrelated to doping..., in the spirit of fine Olympic traditions I feel obliged to pass the baton to trisherina.
Old 08-08-2008, 02:36 AM   #3309
trisherina
meretricious dilettante

What? No way, lady! I don't care if you're sleeping with treekisser; you won that fair and square!!

Now gimme the keys, er, a word before the screws toin up!
Old 08-08-2008, 06:45 AM   #3310
YsaPur EsChomuw
oi

There's nothing between me and treekisser. Except for the Atlantic ocean.
I'm under medication now, so don't be surprised if the judging is dopey!

venesect
Old 08-08-2008, 07:03 AM   #3311
Marcus Bales

Location: In a coign of the cliff between lowland and highland, at the sea-down's edge between windward and lee, walled round with rocks as an inland island, the ghost of a garden fronts the sea.
venesect - a term of art in contemporary literary criticism to denote the cult of those writers who feel that writing is not a craft or art but rather a matter of metaphorically opening a vein and bleeding across the page: blurters rather than artists.

I see from the most recent offerings of Copper Canyon, New Directions, Pavement Saw, Drunken Boat, and several other obscurantist presses that the venesectionists are out in force this year.

Last edited by Marcus Bales : 08-08-2008 at 07:08 AM.
Marcus Bales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 07:46 AM   #3312
seebe
monkey

venesect - The name of a religious sect from the Venessen Penninsula that lawfully practices polygamy, where only the women can marry multiple partners.

Ohhhh, look here at this web site Tracy. The women get to marry as many men as they want. Pack my bags I'm going there. Finally, a place I can sleep with 30 men a night and not worry about being called Easy Breezey

Uhmm Breezey, they don't allow birth control there either.

Damnit! I ain't birthin' no babies. Scrap that idea.
seebe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 11:29 AM   #3313
Master_Jedi
Shaggy

venesect- ven-uh-sekt (Vulgar latin) - adj.
(Classical latin pron. Wen-Eh-Sekt)

The old latin term for when something has been torn to pieces, or is sectioned out. It can also be roughly translated to read "shitty" or "amazing"
So a destroyed city could fall under the category.
As could a beautifully sectioned and planned city.

It led to much confusion, and actually led to the downfall of Rome when a man from Carthage visited Rome, and his statement was misunderstood as in short "This city look like sh*t" When in fact he meant "This is the most amazing place i've ever been" Leading to a disagreement between the peoples and allowed the Huns to level much of the Roman empire.
To bad the Romans hadn't come across a school of Babelfish, it might have saved the civilization.

Can't wait till next season. =D
Master_Jedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 01:26 PM   #3314
treekisser

venesect v. To sever the left lower anterior sector of the brain to eliminate a person's craving for wine. A venesectomy is most often performed involuntarily. Originally developed as a torture technique designed to intimidate French and Italian prisoners of war, the procedure is still performed clandestinely by neo-prohibitionist neurosurgeons.

Jean-Claude, venesected during the war for refusing to betray his country, now eats exclusively at fast food restaurants.
Old 08-09-2008, 01:12 PM   #3315
trisherina
meretricious dilettante

venesect: to cross in front of another's path contemptuously.

Olivia knew the friendship was over when Stephanie, resplendent in layer upon layer of tulip-shaped fluttery red moire panels, venesected her expertly at the Midsummer Gazing Ball.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: