ZEFRANK.COM - message board  

Go Back   ZEFRANK.COM - message board > FAST CHAT
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 16 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 08-26-2010, 07:36 PM   #1411
lukkucairi
earth worker

^ hooray for vacation, boo for insomnia!

I am in a similar state of mind. So much to do before the Burn, and so little time left...yet as tired as I am at night, my mind is still racing too much to sleep well at all.
lukkucairi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 12:35 PM   #1412
Stephi_B
waaaaaaa :)

i've made a nudelauflauf (noodle based casserole?) today, the first auflauf i ever made, and i made it with chicken meat slices, peas, an extra egg and loads of garlic and cheese, and it's wow (and i'm an auflauf-spoilt brat thanks to my grandma = auflauf-godess!)

it's for my boy he did ask for auflauf you see
Stephi_B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 01:03 PM   #1413
zero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephi_B View Post
he did ask for auflauf you see
hallo stephanie, i hope you didnie misunderstand what he was asking for..

see, there's this ol' joke about casseroles. here it's..
Quote:
reminds me of an old story me dad told me years ago

we were watching top of the pops and he was leching over cherry from pan's people when he said "I'd like to be casseroled by that one sonny boy"

i said "don't you mean caressed???

he said "look it up", so I did....

the dictionary said

"to be done slowly for three hours"
i'm sure he'll enjoy his noodles though.
zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 07:00 PM   #1414
Frieda
in limbo

^

oh yeah
Frieda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 11:08 PM   #1415
Marcus Bales

Location: In a coign of the cliff between lowland and highland, at the sea-down's edge between windward and lee, walled round with rocks as an inland island, the ghost of a garden fronts the sea.
casserole me over in the clover
Old 08-31-2010, 09:38 AM   #1416
Stephi_B

yes, indeed, that ("to be done slowly for three hours") too, but then it's still ramadan, you see.... (ramadan means no sex, not even after sundown, at least if you do ramadan properly!)
but then we had some more or less (more less, hehe ) ramadan-conform fun after all and he took home (as it was not yet sundown when he had to go) his part the casserole and the yummy sweet thing i made out of oat flakes, nutella, milk and some nice spices
Old 08-31-2010, 11:09 PM   #1417
Peregrine
Bird of Prey

Speaking of Ramadan, funny story:

I used to work at the help desk at my university, and I would usually work two nights a week with a Muslim. We'd work part of the afternoon together, and then I'd cover the office for 20 minutes or so at sundown, while he went to break his fast, and go to the cafeteria for supper. I'm not Muslim, but I wouldn't eat during the shift until he left, because I felt awkward eating in front of a guy who hadn't eaten since morning, and was probably starving.

One day, he switched his shift with another guy, also of middle-eastern descent. I didn't work with him quite as often, so I didn't know him quite as well.

Since I was busy that day, I skipped lunch, so I was pretty starved myself. So I had my lunch in the office, before realizing that this poor fella in the office with me was probably pretty hungry, and I'd just scarfed down a sandwich right in front of him. I felt pretty bad.

While I was sitting there feeling guilty, prayer time came and went, but my companion didn't leave the office. I started to wonder, why wasn't he leaving to break his fast like the other guy usually does. Then I reallized; Oh, right! He's Hindu! Thank God!
Peregrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 12:12 PM   #1418
MoJoRiSin
unbelievable

^ wow

However the really is no such thing as Hinduism

per se
Old 09-01-2010, 12:54 PM   #1419
Stephi_B

^^

same here! and i really admire those muslims working in gastronomy who do fast.
but then, not all nominal muslims do fast: the algerian colleague at my old workplace at uni doesn't for example. ok, he seems to have had a loss of faith 8 years ago, but he told me even more or less devout folks at home in algeria, particularly the young ones, are not that strict about that, so they only skip alcohol (! actually haram all year long.... my boyfriend says algerians are hobby-muslims altogether ), and the strict ones skip all, but only during daylight (my boyfriend told me that that's not really the correct way, sex and smoking - normal tobacco as well as weed - are haram altogether during ramadan). only when folks grow old and scared of death they become religious, do the pilgrimage to mecca, grow a beard, pray five times a day, fast etc. he also told me that for him ramadan if at all has only a meaning as a family thing (traditionally and if possible, the whole family meets for prayer and fast breaking every sundown in ramadan).
what i see here in germany the young turkish and arab kids do take ramadan serious - okay in parts it's also a sort of competition for them: i ramadan you under the table! in berlin and some other places the end of ramadan is even a school-free day for muslim kids, at my old school also the few non-muslims kids have a day off and the teachers clean labs, coffee kitchens and that.
my boyfriend says actually fasting is not hard (yeah, but once when we walked across the saturday market at my neighbourhood with all nice smelling and looking food stands... and also football training thrice a week with an empty belly is very strenuous for him) and it's a good feeling to do it.
Old 09-02-2010, 12:29 AM   #1420
Brynn
constantly amazed

Speaking of food, I made a big pot of some really delicious chili tonight - spicy but not too spicy. Little dollop of sour cream. Sharp cheddar. Some crumbled bacon. Oh my.
Brynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 03:02 PM   #1421
Stephi_B

so there i went to me old school (the headmaster has no money at all, she even cannot pay me the extra hours i did work - money from which i could have lived a whole month!!)
anyway, when i just wanted to go home i met one of my former extra hour students and she sent me straight away to a private turkish education institute close-by who offer private lessons, but also run their own schools in berlin.
and la voila i'm hired for a paid 3-week trial, giving extra lessons in maths and english to kids in the final classes (their boss who is just now in turkey holding exams - the turkish teachers there are teachers from the turkish ministry you see - happened to call while i was there and okay'ed the whole thing)
it's not a job to really live from, but it'll bring me across things for a while.
and it's super-sweet there, everything's brand new, they have such tiny classrooms, and a teachers' room where i'll get my own shelf and a teachers' kitchen where the teacher breakfast together and drink tea (when ramadan is over, of course ) - just cool and nice
ya well, and maybe they have a thingie for me, i mean a real position, in their private gymnasium (high school), who knows
and the whole thing is even sort of funny with respect to the current craze about this [insert several nasty words in here] sarrazin person (read here for example - the scariest thing about it is indeed that so many ppl agree with this person...), i go to work there where according to the "immigration is totally failed" opinion a blonde so totally german woman cannot go (today in the subway i got a compliment about my stunning figure *g*, you see - but the guy left me alone when i said nay, thanks i belong someone and reminded him of ramadan and of his age - actually the latter did the main trick!) and i'm paid by people who according to the "immigration is totally failed" opinion live off welfare... (but can pay 200 Euro and more for private lessons, hmmm?!) i say: ha! and haha and [insert several nasty words in here] and once more: HA!
Old 09-06-2010, 11:49 PM   #1422
Jack Flanders
landscaping is fun

"So there!!" You go girlfriend!! Congratulations to you and all digits are crossed for the long(er) employment.
Jack Flanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 02:27 AM   #1423
lukkucairi
earth worker

I am sunburned
lukkucairi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 02:49 PM   #1424
Frieda
in limbo

i need glasses, tried about 100 and they all look weird on me.

oh yeah
Frieda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 08:11 AM   #1425
madasacutsnake
no more nice girl

It's coming out. May have to figure out how to give myself a fungal infection/change physicians/fall off a horse, but it will come out.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: