ZEFRANK.COM - message board  

Go Back   ZEFRANK.COM - message board > FICTION PROJECT
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 97 votes, 4.87 average. Display Modes
Old 10-16-2003, 01:52 PM   #1
BusyRich
monkey

Arrow Private Thoughts in public places

I just thought it'd be nice for people to share some of the little things that go on inside our heads that if it wasn't for a thread like this, they'd just stay there forever.

Example...

I sometimes like to balance an open can of beer (or cider) on the arm of the sofa in a slightly tilted manner, then sit and watch the TV, all the time aware of the can in the corner of my eye. There’s very little chance of it falling off anymore, not now. After years of practise I know just how far I can tilt the can safely, but it’s still nice to think that it might fall off somehow.
Old 10-16-2003, 06:42 PM   #2
dalang
distant

oo yeah. I look better when I dance with the dish towel in the kitchen.

My dancin' partner is named Terry. Terry Cloth.

He's a little wet, but always lets me lead. And if I whip up him just right, he'll snap at the first thing that gets in our way... very protective.

I like that in a towel.
dalang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2007, 02:30 AM   #3
Pixie Cherries
I can benchpress 300 oz.

I love this story!
Old 10-17-2003, 12:42 AM   #4
lapietra
half baked

If I eat this piece of chocolate *before* breakfast, it doesn't count...
Old 10-17-2003, 12:20 PM   #5
BusyRich
monkey

I find empty car parks strangely nostalgic. It goes back to my first attempt at driving a friend's car about five years ago. I got the hang of going forward quite easily, but I wasn’t too sure about what to do with my feet to make the car stop so I went round in circles (in first gear) for a while, then just took my foot off of the accelerator and drifted to a stop quite close to a concrete wall.

It was great.
Old 10-17-2003, 01:31 PM   #6
dalang
distant

I love seeing "Post No Bills"

Reminds me of the childhood days when I didn't know that a "bill" was a paper sign announcing an event. But I knew "post" was a synonym for "mail".

So whenever I saw "Post No Bills", I thought it was a call to action for companies not to send the electric bill, the credit card bill, the water bill... which made sense to me.

Bills are stressful.
Bills take money.
Bills cause fights between loved ones.

Down with Bills! Post No Bills!

"Post No Bills" to me meant "Let's Have a Peaceful Barter System"

It's still a worthy cause. I just wish it was still a revolutionary sign for me.
Old 10-21-2003, 10:00 PM   #7
rapscalious rob

In two short weeks I am going to lose my mind.
Old 10-22-2003, 08:17 PM   #8
Klynne
monkey

I think most people have an inner voice speaking to them. As I get older, I try to pay attention to mine. It often warns of disasters, or small little accidents. Fortunately, most of my incidents have been small things. For example:

Little inner voice speaking: "You had better be careful, or you are going to drop that (fall down, trip, hurt yourself, etc.)"

My supposedly alert mind: "Don't listen, that is a load of crap."

Cut to the scene: Woman drops what she is carrying, falls down, trips, or hurts herself, etc.

Lesson: Always pay attention to your inner voice.
Klynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2003, 08:49 PM   #9
zenbabe
Lollypop!

when I am a riding in a car with someone, I like to silently count the lines in the middle of the road and see if i can keep up....

-Dr. Seuss
zenbabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2003, 09:52 PM   #10
SuperCaliFragil
monkey

I have this odd habit of reading license plates while driving, the regular non-personalized type, to see if there is a hidden message...usually manifesting as a phonetic thing like: 2BL0812, or something stupid like that (actually that would be a realllly good one...most are dumber). Sometimes they crack me up...mostly I just wonder why I'm not paying more attention to the road. There are far more interesting things to look at of course, like the scenery.

Now I'm wondering if my new facination with this message board is a related syndrome. Searching for meaning in randomness?
Old 10-23-2003, 11:38 PM   #11
malina
leaving

whenever i walk down a flight of stairs i see myself stumbling and falling in my mind. i have these visions of hitting my chin on the stairs, losing teeth, bleeding. sometimes this sudden image makes me jump because i forget that i had it before. then i feel stupid. i should know myself. sometimes i forget that i'm crazy and i'm fooled into considering myself 'normal'. i feel pretty competent when i arrive safely at the bottom of the stairs without making an ass of myself and without having split my head open.
malina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2003, 12:44 AM   #12
rapscalious rob

Klynne: Dude, I totally know what you mean. I have that same inner voice. I, too, unwisely ignore it more than I should.

When I’ve been driving for a while, I start making up music or songs in my head. Sometimes I come up with stuff that really sucks. Other times, the music is pretty nice- but I forget it within a day or so, usually, and I can’t write it down anyway, because I forgot how to read or write music. And even if I could, sometimes the particular music in my head demands certain timbres, unknown instruments and subtle aspects of timing that I wouldn’t know how to capture. I have to be careful not to get too into it, or I will miss a turn or make a wrong turn. This only happens in the car without the radio/cd player.

Last edited by rapscalious rob : 10-24-2003 at 12:48 AM.
Old 10-29-2003, 03:08 PM   #13
dalang
distant

I secretly want all my dog's toys.

Me covet slobbery tennis ball.
Old 10-29-2003, 03:52 PM   #14
Coffee
Cheeses Save

When I was a child (that line sung to famous P. Floyd tune)...I used to hear full symphony orchestras in my head as I was falling asleep. Trouble was...I hated classical music back then.
Now that I love Classical music...all I hear in my head as I fall asleep is whatever dumb pop song has stuck in there from exposure to it during the day.

Rats.
Coffee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2003, 05:19 PM   #15
Coffee
Cheeses Save

Quote:
Originally posted by Coffee
When I was a child (that line sung to famous P. Floyd tune)
Speaking of that...
When I was a child I (actually) had a fever.
My hands (actually) felt just like two balloons.

It was really wierd, everything I touched seemed to shrink.My hands felt like they were expanding. The other side of rooms looked like they were miles away, on the horizon so to speak. Freekin wierd, but neat too. If I wasn't so disoriented at the time it would have been really cool.

So that song has always been kind of special to me.

"There is no pain, you are receding.
A distant ship's smoke on the horizon.
You are only coming through in waves.
Your lips move but I can't hear what you're sayin'.
When I was a child I had a fever.
My hands felt just like two balloons.
Now I got that feeling once again.
I can't explain, you would not understand.
This is not how I am.
I have become comfortably numb"
Coffee is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: