ZEFRANK.COM - message board  

Go Back   ZEFRANK.COM - message board > FAST CHAT
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 22 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 10-02-2011, 01:21 AM   #6151
YsaPur EsChomuw
oi

1. ghosts for coffee

2. I work at a training institution. There are two types of jobs: professional teachers and civilian teachers. The latter group earns only mumbles. There's one woman in the well-paid group, the rest are men. There's one man in the other group, the rest are us.
YsaPur EsChomuw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 08:27 PM   #6152
Brynn
constantly amazed

Coffee's question:

I've seen ghosts. I can't remember to what extent I've chronicled it here. There was one in my manager's luxurious house in the Hollywood hills. The ghost had dark hair cut into a page boy, a white shirt, and tan khaki's. She was in the laundry room, doing laundry, plain as day, her back to me. Then she slipped into the bathroom ahead of me as I was headed there too. She was in there and didn't come out for 15-20 minutes before I finally knocked on the door to see if she was okay. When I finally opened the door, the windowless bathroom was empty.
When I asked my manager Janice if she'd hired some new help, she said "Did she have dark hair, a white shirt and khaki's?" I said yes.
She said "Oh. You saw her."
Janice had seen her too, and asked her landlord - a 17 year old kid - about her. He told her she had probably seen his mother, who was murdered along with his entire family by an uncle who went postal one night. He survived as a ten year old by hiding under his bed when he heard the screaming. I met him too, and remember wondering why he didn't live in this gorgeous house himself. He was shy, very quiet, spoke very softly and kept his eyes averted.
I am not brain-damaged or mentally ill.
Several years later, in 1992, I lived in a house that was full of paranormal activity. Several very specific things happened over a relatively short space of time, including injuries to my one-year-old daughter. I was terrified. I converted to Christianity because nothing - and I mean NOTHING else got that dark, rotten thing out of there. My husband witnessed the same thing, confirmed it, but did not convert to Christianity. In the years since, we have not seen anything remotely related to ghosts, and I hope and pray we never will again. Whether anyone believes me or not is their business - my personal experience does not and never will translate to people who have never had an experience like that, and I would never wish it on anyone. The closest thing I could point to to give anyone a sense of what emotional turmoil we went through would be the "Paranormal Activity" movies, which are remarkably spot on as far as questioning one's own sanity, living with the feeling of being "watched" and witnessing some pretty freaky things.
Nowadays, I don't talk about it anymore unless asked. If you think I'm nutty for having gone through that I'm fine with that, but I just don't see why anyone would feel the need to put that label on me personally. It's just something that happened to me. It's not like I'm a Republican whack-job running for president or anything What I think is nutty is if I decided one day that the moon is made of cheese just because I myself didn't get into a space ship to check it out personally. I believe NASA, I believe the astronauts and I think they are credible in spite of the fact that their agenda to make me believe them would enhance their funding.
Coffee, over the years we've disagreed about things, but still manage to find common ground. I respect you and like you for your sense of humor, and your views on social justice issues, and lots of other things that have nothing to do with this. But if the cognitive dissonance is too great to accommodate this "nuttiness" in me I can fully understand why you might need to distance yourself. I can't change what happened to me, and I won't gloss over the truth of how my own life was affected by it.
Brynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 07:37 AM   #6153
Hyakujo's Fox
left hanging

Location: between the click of the light and the start of the dream
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brynn View Post
It's not like I'm a Republican whack-job running for president or anything
Really? Then what's your position on ghosts in the military?
Hyakujo's Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 11:37 AM   #6154
Coffee
Cheeses Save

Didn't you ever watch Scooby Doo?! That was a real estate developer trying to scare the kid out of the property. There is asecret trap door in the laundy room. ;-)

H.F. : only if there is a Don't See, Don't Show policy :-P
Coffee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 09:10 PM   #6155
Peregrine
Bird of Prey

Years ago while I was still living with my parents, I was the last one up watching TV. Someone had chips, and left the half-full bag on the floor by the couch under the mantle. When my mom got up to go to bed, she said "make sure you put those chips away before you go to bed".

Naturally, I'd completely forgot about the chips. An hour or so later, when I got up to go to bed, I turned around, and just then, a birthday card fell off the mantle, and landed right on the bag of chips.

I'm not saying that it was a helpful ghost, reminding me to put the chips away. But... it was convenient.
Peregrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 09:30 AM   #6156
Bman
monkey

I have to grade papers for a class. Now every day I am reminded of the ghost of the english language.
Bman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 01:38 AM   #6157
xfox
slightly effective

What was the best day of your life? (so far)
xfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 11:28 AM   #6158
brightpearl
Rhinoceros fan

Easily the births of my children, by far, but people often say those shouldn't count because it is too obvious.

There was a day several years ago, when I had a moment of clarity or insight -- I suppose most would classify it as religious, although I'm not sure I would define it thus myself. It was such a relief, and it helped me a lot on subsequent days, so whether or not it was my best day ever, it resulted in a lot of good days later. Worth a lot.
brightpearl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 10:33 PM   #6159
Brynn
constantly amazed

Hmmm...good question! Lots of wonderful days to choose from, but I'd have to say it was definitely one particular day.
I was a horse-crazy 12-year-old walking my dog one day in the field behind my school. I had read every book there was, I had begged for horse lessons, had horse posters all over my room blah blah blah - but I had never ridden a horse, only read about it.
Out of the woods came a teenage girl on a giant horse!
She saw me run up and stare. She smiled, hopped down, and asked me if I wanted to ride her horse, just like that.
Of course I did. She gave me a leg up, and told me to take him for a run around the football field.
It was wonderful. I've never galloped on a horse since. It came at a really important time in my life - if grownups weren't being mean and abusive, they were totally ignoring me, so it was nice to meet this girl and her horse.
Brynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 07:38 PM   #6160
MoJoRiSin
unbelievable

The day thisnhappened:

eureka eureka eureka p=PILGRIM !!
Old 10-22-2011, 01:06 PM   #6161
xfox
slightly effective

^?. My most memorable day was nearly identical to Brynn's. I did not know we shared this passion. It's Saturday and I am free to do whatever, after the usual errands and tasks.

What shall I do?

What would you do?
xfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 07:30 AM   #6162
zero

20111024qotd

what did this wee mouse see?
zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 08:00 AM   #6163
12"razormix

this?

12"razormix is offline   Reply With Quote