ZEFRANK.COM - message board  

Go Back   ZEFRANK.COM - message board > FAST CHAT
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-14-2007, 11:20 AM   #46
Avalon

My advice:
If you do not own one, invest in a kennel. Large enough for his litter box and for him to move around comfortably. Confine him for at least 2 weeks, allowing him out only for his food and for plenty of cuddles. Do not allow him free run of your home...not even for a minute..while you are doing this.

Also, I need to ask if you have ( I am sure, but I need to ask anyway ) had the vet look at him? Males sometimes have a severe urinary problem that needs addressed with a surgery..basically rendering them female...but it is life saving. ( if for no other reason other than their owners keep them )

PM me . This works if you are willing to be diligent and you sound like you are.
I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it.
Groucho Marx
Avalon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2007, 06:54 PM   #47
Avalon

Not quite his Attica stance, but close...
the empty water bottle is his nemesis..they fight constantly lol

Hez on my afgan, terrin' up my rozes

He is always sweet and compliant until I get out the camera. pfft
I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it.
Groucho Marx
Old 07-14-2007, 07:28 PM   #48
l'azizza
98.4% monkey

Holy Shizznut!! He keeps getting cuter and cuter! He is gonna be one doll of an adult. He has more white on his face than I previously thought, and I love the almost- black nose.
l'azizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2007, 10:55 PM   #49
Dorkahontas
monkey

He is not declawed, and he's not angry at all--he's very snuggly and sweet and is a belly cat to boot. I don't know that I've ever seen him angry except when he's at the vet.

We do have a kennel and he's been staying in there w/a litter box while dorkboy and I are at work, but we've been letting him out at night. I feel like such a jerkface putting him in there. He's been to our regular vet no fewer than 6 times in the last year, plus we've taken him to a different one for a second opinion. There's nothing medically wrong they could find. We had him on amyltriptylene (sp?) for about 2 weeks because the vet said it may be an anxiety issue, but he was on that the first time he peed on the couch, and it was awful to see him doped up all the time anyway.

Thanks so much for your help, guys. I love this cat dearly and MUST figure a way to fix this. It'd rip my heart out to give him away. Av, I just sent a PM.

You guys are the best.

Last edited by Dorkahontas : 07-14-2007 at 11:03 PM.
Dorkahontas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 04:33 PM   #50
l'azizza
98.4% monkey

Don't feel like a jerkface for kenneling him. No one here thinks you're a jerkface. What I see is that you've put a lot of effort into this problem, probably beyond what most pet owners would do.

I don't have a solution for you, unfortunately. I wonder what his behavior would be like if the other cat wasn't around, like after a month? Do you have other pets?

I have one resource I hope you contact. I heard of them at a Humane Society conference and I remember something vaguely about their having solutions to any behavioral problem. Let me know what happens!

http://www.catsinternational.org/

Behavior Hotline:
262-375-8852 (Milwaukee,Wisconsin)
Old 07-16-2007, 08:37 PM   #51
Dorkahontas
monkey

^^Thank you! (and thanks again to Avalon and brightpearl. )

I have one other cat, Bamalam, whom we adopted the same day as this one. Bam was a kitten and Bwian was (we think) about 2 years old. My husband swears Bwian was at the shelter because his previous owner got tired of the peepeeness. Bam's never ever gone anywhere but the box, thankfully.

Av, Chance is adorable! Those eyes!
Dorkahontas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 09:17 PM   #52
Avalon

A friend and I went shopping a little while ago; she came in to see the "baby", fell instantly in love..and asked if she could have him. From around the corner, in the living room, we hear this resounding "NO!". Seems "The Cat Whisperer" ( aka my hsb. ) was listening to our conversation. I told her she would have had to been here within the first 15 seconds of his arrival for that to have happened. After that, it was pretty much decided where he was going to be living out his days. lol
Groucho Marx
Old 07-17-2007, 12:21 AM   #53
Jack Flanders
landscaping is fun

(Told you!!!) Such a cute one!!! Take your friend shopping next to find her adoptable kitty!

Last edited by Jack Flanders : 07-17-2007 at 12:28 AM.
Jack Flanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 11:52 AM   #54
Coffee
Cheeses Save

My gosh what an adorable kitten. That is definitely a keeper kitty.

Your Cat Whisperer "NO" story made me spit coffee avvy. LOL.
Coffee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 04:25 PM   #55
l'azizza
98.4% monkey

New photo Avy? P P P Please.
Old 09-13-2007, 07:37 PM   #56
Avalon

For l'azizza :)

I took this today..that esp thing is working again That is his troll doll, Joey. Don't ask. haha
From 8 oz. when my hsb. found him, to 3 pounds 8 oz. He is a small, furcovered demon lol
Tomorrow is his big day...he is being neutered. That should slow him down for all of 24 hours.

Groucho Marx
Old 09-14-2007, 01:41 AM   #57
Jack Flanders
landscaping is fun

Pretty Kitty!!
Jack Flanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 03:22 AM   #58
l'azizza
98.4% monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalon View Post
A pre- nip pic? He's so sleek and purty! I love how their coats change with good food and lovin'. Does he have brown mixed in there with the grey? Is it just me or does he have huge ears?

"You've taken such good care of me mom! Thanks for loving me when I was scrawny and stinky (he probably wasn't stinky, just adding that for color) and fretting over my first poo." - your son Atticus
Old 09-15-2007, 11:51 AM   #59
Avalon

Update

His neutering went well; I have him kenneled to slow him down for a few days. He tried to grab a ride my Pomeranian back as soon as I sat him down...so he is just fine. lol

Yes..he does have a beautiful chocolate brown that runs throughout his coat..in the sun, it is gorgeous. And yes, his ears are huge; he is slowly growing into them. You can't tell by the pictures, but his mouth/voice are also humongous.

Thanks for asking about him and all the kind words.

Groucho Marx
Old 01-15-2008, 06:41 PM   #60
brightpearl
Rhinoceros fan

Anybody in TX want a kitten?
*sigh*

She's very cute, tortoiseshell, about 8 weeks, was well cared for before being dumped at my son's school, is AMAZING with children. She didn't bat an eyelash about being manhandled by about 20 1st graders. Haven't gotten a good picture -- she always comes out as a blur -- but will try to get one if anyone knows anyone...
brightpearl is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: