Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 33 votes, 4.94 average. Display Modes
Old 10-05-2010, 08:47 PM   #2986
xfox
slightly effective

xfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 10:41 AM   #2987
Stephi_B
waaaaaaa :)

could you please(very very!) think about me on oct 18. because i'll be at such an assessment center thingy for a (very very!) job in the editorial staff of a school book publishing house
but actually i'm scared to death about it: i have to wear nasty clothes (but cannie i wear at least a normal darkblue sort of semi-elegant pair of jeans with the darkbrown fishbone pattern suit jacket i have and a light-pink fancy shirt?? i HAT to wear suit pants, they make me feel NAKED and UNDRESSED) and it takes the whole day and it takes place in a four star fancy hotel (will they let me in there at all with a normal sort of semi-elegant pair of darkblue jeans??) and i HAT it.
but on the other hand i WANT this job (very very!) and even more i want to find out what such an assessment center in a four star hotel with publishing house people is like! - nevertheless i'm scared to death
good thing is that one of my boy's sisters will make my hair and "a decent all-day business make-up" she called it. and i'll breakfast with my boy's family that morning, maybe they'll even drive me there. they're the best, really
Stephi_B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 01:21 PM   #2988
Frieda
in limbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephi_B View Post
could you please(very very!) think about me on oct 18. because i'll be at such an assessment center thingy for a (very very!) job in the editorial staff of a school book publishing house
but actually i'm scared to death about it: i have to wear nasty clothes (but cannie i wear at least a normal darkblue sort of semi-elegant pair of jeans with the darkbrown fishbone pattern suit jacket i have and a light-pink fancy shirt?? i HAT to wear suit pants, they make me feel NAKED and UNDRESSED) and it takes the whole day and it takes place in a four star fancy hotel (will they let me in there at all with a normal sort of semi-elegant pair of darkblue jeans??) and i HAT it.
but on the other hand i WANT this job (very very!) and even more i want to find out what such an assessment center in a four star hotel with publishing house people is like! - nevertheless i'm scared to death
good thing is that one of my boy's sisters will make my hair and "a decent all-day business make-up" she called it. and i'll breakfast with my boy's family that morning, maybe they'll even drive me there. they're the best, really
flowing skirt or a-line dress and knee high boots. more skin but less naked.

good luck

oh yeah
Frieda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 07:54 AM   #2989
YsaPur EsChomuw
oi

^^ 18th October is marked in my calendar!

Best of luck, Stephi!
YsaPur EsChomuw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 08:47 AM   #2990
Stephi_B

^&^^ thanks

^^problem is i don't have such clothes+shoes, i only have informal summer dresses. and i don't have the money to buy a completely new outfit (and i figure i would feel costumed+naked in that outfit too, i never wear skirts/dresses - except for informal summer skirts and dresses - and high boots, such things would not fit me anyways), my bank account is quasi-empty . so i will go as i planned, in jeans and jacket, or maybe - depending on weather, jeans, elegant long pullover and my new leather jacket which looks super cool (it's real, fine, light brown leather and not cut like those everyone runs with just now), and if they have a problem with my outfit, they have a problem with me, period.
on oct 26, i got an invitation for an hirement interview as a full-time math+chemistry ersatz teacher (starting nov, till june), and with school people one does not have to wear anything different than on any other workday: jeans, pullover/shirt - e finito.
probably i should skip the private sector altogether, with their assessment shit do they want to hire my brain and skills or my outfit and how i "sell myself" - pfffft! they can kiss my jeans-clad, (fine leather) flat-soled, low-rising (buffalo) boot wearing ass - i HAT dresscodes

(but i'll go there, be nice, be cool, be an i-have-an-phd-in-a-real-hardcore-science-subject badass if required and show off with all my teaching experience - and my early/mid-20 looks, ha and my superb jeans-clad ass )

Last edited by Stephi_B : 10-08-2010 at 09:37 AM. Reason: insert date and last line
Old 10-08-2010, 07:24 PM   #2991
Marcus Bales

Location: In a coign of the cliff between lowland and highland, at the sea-down's edge between windward and lee, walled round with rocks as an inland island, the ghost of a garden fronts the sea.
Quote:
...and my superb jeans-clad ass )
pictures!
Old 10-08-2010, 10:03 PM   #2992
Stephi_B

^
however, a photo may not really capture its full magnificence, it'd come across best in advanced 3d technology, or in holographic representation
and my boy makes *rawr* noises when beholding it - irrespective of where we are and who may be with us - maybe that helps picturising it
Old 10-09-2010, 09:17 AM   #2993
Marcus Bales

Location: In a coign of the cliff between lowland and highland, at the sea-down's edge between windward and lee, walled round with rocks as an inland island, the ghost of a garden fronts the sea.
Quote:
... a photo may not really capture its full magnificence ...
We'll risk it. Pictures!
Old 10-12-2010, 09:04 AM   #2994
lukkucairi
earth worker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyakujo's Fox View Post
I'M BACK!
hellooooooooo hfoxy!
lukkucairi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 09:39 AM   #2995
MoJoRiSin
unbelievable

Don't leave the path.
Old 10-14-2010, 01:33 PM   #2996
Stephi_B

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus Bales View Post
We'll risk it. Pictures!
a very good approximation to your request would be
(_|_)

for any photographic or cinematographic representation there's a lack of agreement by the owners of all publishing and touching rights on my behind
Old 10-14-2010, 01:59 PM   #2997
Stephi_B

btw, i figured out the perfect thing to wear at yon assessment center:

dark blue jeans
medium long dark blue pullover with turtle neck
my suit dress jacket (which very very nicely accentuates another bodily magnificence - sorry marcus, even less publishing rights on that one... i mean two ) which goes so neatly with shoes and bag

it's the "elegant intellectual's" outfit i can arrange with - unlike that crappy business style i HAT on me - plus: dark blue is my colour, plus: i did an research on the publishing house, i even found (in an official brochure of the house) a pic of a lady having the same position (editorial staff, same ressort) i apply for.
and she and even more her male colleagues are clad even more un-ironed and individual and very, very casual than uni people or teachers (where putting a jacket over one's normal un-ironed, individual, very, very casual, outfit is the most "dressing-up", ok profs and headmasters sometimes wear an ironed shirt for big occasions...)
and then i read that generally the dresscode is more loosely in assessment centers - ok, unless you go for a job in banking, consulting and such. i figure one needs to read (a) book/s on what to wear/say/do/ when preparing for an interview / AC in these job areas.
Old 10-14-2010, 02:47 PM   #2998
zero

stephanie i preprogrammed my +vebeam-generator to acquire 18/10 lock-on to your assessment centre thingie & commence transmitting +vebeams on MAX POWER throughout the day.
zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 06:50 PM   #2999
Stephi_B

^

while (assessment != "over")
+vebeam inputstream :: channel(zero);
do
not_fear(void);
goto
be(myself,&brilliant);