ZEFRANK.COM - message board  

Go Back   ZEFRANK.COM - message board > FICTION PROJECT > collaborative short story
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 36 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 07-04-2006, 04:02 PM   #106
diane
mine

discovery of edit button

its one small step for....

thanks for that Anna
diane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 11:54 AM   #107
Sunnybunny
Dizzy Dame

So... is that it? That's all you two could muster?! Come now. Surely there's more.
Old 07-11-2006, 07:04 PM   #108
Anna
n

patience

Anna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 09:56 PM   #109
noxxville
Disco Maven

March Thirteenth, Nineteen Hundered Thirty Seven

My Dear Charlotte,

Foremost I wish to apologize for the worry that I have surely brought to your heart. It has been a fearfully long time since we last spoke and, as I departed to find work at the steel mills, I had sincerely the best intentions on maintaining a frequent correspondence. However the madness of this place has consumed my mind with what can only be described as the thoughts of the devil himself. It has been an ordeal that I would dare not wish upon any other.

I fear, my sister, that the entire world, save our serene community, has surely gone mad. There is a common belief, and this may sound as if it were straight from Lucifer's mouth, that the year has reached two-thousand and six! Have you ever heard such madness? What frightens me deeply is that this corruption of the mind seems to have spread like wildfie, blindly accepted by the masses as if it were the obvious truth! There are people of all walks of life that have accepted this wretched lie as reality.

The devices these people use! I will surely sound lost, however I have seen young and old, rich and poor, talking into small boxes as if they were conversing on the telephone, yet one can clearly see that there are no wires speakers with which to hear. I believe that these people are in league with the Devil and this "telephone" is a method of commune with the beast himself.

I cannot fully begin to describe all of the horrors that I have witnessed, choosing the example of these "telephones" as I know of your dislike of the device in its natural state. I beg of you, dear sister, to please keep a watchful eye upon the family and of any honest people that remain in the community. Under no circumstances should you leave our home and venture out into this forsaken land. I shall make my way home and, only after long discussions with the elders, we shall find some way to escape the madness before it engulfs our home.

I pray for your protection and, God willing, shall arrive home shortly. I beg that you not share this letter with others as it will likely incite fear among all who read it.

My deepest love,

Your Brother Charles
Old 07-13-2006, 04:08 AM   #110
Sunnybunny
Dizzy Dame

HOORAY!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-13-2006, 12:26 PM   #111
diane
mine

didn't see that coming...

nice twist...
Old 07-14-2006, 01:42 AM   #112
Anna
n

TELEGRAM FOR: Charles Hamerton

April 30, 1937

http://img15.imgspot.com/?u=/u/06/19...1152851626.JPG

Last edited by Anna : 07-14-2006 at 03:52 AM.
Old 07-14-2006, 03:11 AM   #113
Anna
n

June 14, 1937

May 1, 1937

My Dear Darling Charles,

Praise God you are alive! Filled with such worry and concern, we were overwhelmed with joy at the arrival of your letter. All eyes have been washed with relief and not a drop wasted upon the earth. I myself was preparing to leave yesterday morning when your letter arrived. Our hearts ache with your quick return. Please, do not terry. There is so much to tell you and I worry for your safety and the safety of all Godís people.

Forgive me brother, I could not hide the letter as you requested, Sy Foster saw the post mark from the Steal Mill in New York and brought the letter over straight away. Doc Ferguson took me into Liberal so that I could send you the funds to come home, discretion was impossible. Did you receive my telegram? I wired the funds I collected for my trip, $87.50. Will this be enough to cover any debts you have acquired and expenses necessitated for travel?

I must confide in you younger one, that I had taken delivery of a strange letter from a women by the sir name of Tanner in New York City. Have you met this women? Her letters have caused me great trepidation, I had thought the women mad, however, after reading your account I no longer know what to think. She spoke of a coming war, my fears mount that she speaks of the war of all against all. Charles, have you suffered any burns? The elders have convened and there is panic rising, whispers that you have caught the madness of this women. Others have heard from relatives in the east and there is talk of a quarantine. The young ones have been taking the brunt of the news by their classmates, Michael has already been in two clashes at school this day. Dear Jessup Storms has come to your defense at the general store, declaring that it would be impossible for you to have written with sobering details had you been afflicted with such a malady. Twin, you must come home immediately and prove to the town that you have not been compelled or changed by the events you have witnessed. Please, I beg of you not to approach or touch the device of which you spoke. If this is indeed of the devilís making it can come to no good. Remember and keep the Lord's Prayer, lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from the evil.

Do not hesitate my dear brother, make arrangements quickly and come home to us, we need you and love you. Hurry!

Your Loving Sister,
Lotte

Last edited by Anna : 07-15-2006 at 04:28 AM.
Old 07-14-2006, 09:47 AM   #114
noxxville
Disco Maven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anna
HAH! This was my next plan! Perfect, glad you beat me to it!
Old 07-14-2006, 01:46 PM   #115
Penut
The One, The Only.

Thumbs up

Holy mother of....
I am incredibly impressed by the quality of the materials. Actually like reading a certified novel! SunnyBunny you should get back in there! Thought your parts were excellent!
I'm so intruiged and want to join in...but my knowledge on American history is somewhat averted and i dont feel that i really fit into this style of writing. I will keep reading these pages and hope that the story keeps evolving into a grander tale. Expect a post every now and then. I can be your official critic/reveiwer if thats a position available. So far a BIG thumbs up. Some of the ideas are excellent and the comitment your showing is wonderful. Keep it up.
Peace.
Old 07-15-2006, 04:07 AM   #116
Anna
n

Quote:
Originally Posted by noxxville
HAH! This was my next plan! Perfect, glad you beat me to it!
Glad you're back! Perfect timing btw. It's never too late for a telegram, or is it? I'm not sure what time you are actually living in. This should be interesting. At will my good man. Hang in there "MS" Tanner!
Old 07-15-2006, 04:14 AM   #117
Anna
n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penut
Holy mother of....
I am incredibly impressed by the quality of the materials. Actually like reading a certified novel! SunnyBunny you should get back in there! Thought your parts were excellent!
I'm so intruiged and want to join in...but my knowledge on American history is somewhat averted and i dont feel that i really fit into this style of writing. I will keep reading these pages and hope that the story keeps evolving into a grander tale. Expect a post every now and then. I can be your official critic/reveiwer if thats a position available. So far a BIG thumbs up. Some of the ideas are excellent and the comitment your showing is wonderful. Keep it up.
Peace.
Meets and greets, from the next town over to far away lands, plenty of twists and turns for everyone!
Old 07-15-2006, 03:30 PM   #118
diane
mine

For a minute there i lost myself...

Ms Tanner is just going to keep taking her pills!
Old 07-15-2006, 05:46 PM   #119
Anna
n

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by diane
Ms Tanner is just going to keep taking her pills!
There's a good girl...
Old 07-17-2006, 02:30 PM   #120
Sunnybunny
Dizzy Dame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penut
Holy mother of....
Peace.

Hey Penut! Jump in! The water's fine. It's all about learning and figuring things out. I think Anna, Diane and Nox have done a lovely job on this project idea, but I may jump in myself at some point soon. Things have just been a bit dicey this summer, unfortunately. So Limericks are about all I've had time for.

Glad to see these fine people have some readership!

SB!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: