ZEFRANK.COM - message board  

Go Back   ZEFRANK.COM - message board > FICTION PROJECT
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 20 votes, 4.40 average. Display Modes
Old 06-26-2003, 03:30 PM   #16
Hermione
monkey

I stood at the edge of the pier for a long time. The sun stretched my face and tightened my skin. I watched the waves flop over one another and waited to feel warmth. Thinking back over the day's events, I stared numbly towards the horizon. "How did it come to this," I screamed.

The man fishing next to me began to slowly back away. I have no idea how I got the cuts on my face. The sun is killing me. My tongue was dry, sandpaper rough.

I looked back over my shoulder to make sure HE wasn't there anymore. To make sure HE wasn't still watching me. That man with the fishing pole, how dare he follow me. All day long he was always two steps behind me: there on the bus, again in the diner, and even on the way to 36th street.

Ha! Now there was a story… 36th street. When I got to 36th street, I turned around and realized that the man had taken off all of his clothes! I was very frightened.

I ran down the street trying to loose this maniac, who seemed so familiar. I ended up here on the pier. Strange, this man seems so familar but nothing else is. I have no idea where I am....how I got here...Or who I am. Who Am I?

My head was killing me...vaguely I remember popping some aspirin earlier that day. They weren't much of a help. This throbbing, pulsing pain was seeming to come from everywhere and nowhere inside my head all at once.

I think the haze is lifting. I hope my memory starts returning as quickly as the pain from these wounds, but not quite as fast as the tide is coming in. I'm begining to wonder if I should find the nearest hospital.

Staggering down the length of the pier, I remembered something someone had told me earlier that week. That someone, I couldn't remember who. But I do remember that what they said was very important.

"Whatever you do, don't open the package."

The hospital doors open automatically. Good thing. I'm not sure I had the strength to open them. I slowly made my way to the front desk. God, it hurt to walk. The nurse continued typing for a little while before looking up at me. She gasped at all the cuts on my face.

I watched her eyes as she slowly looked at my face. I held my head down.. and waited.
Hermione is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2003, 05:00 PM   #17
simedog
makes ya think, don't it?

I stood at the edge of the pier for a long time. The sun stretched my face and tightened my skin. I watched the waves flop over one another and waited to feel warmth. Thinking back over the day's events, I stared numbly towards the horizon. "How did it come to this," I screamed.

The man fishing next to me began to slowly back away. I have no idea how I got the cuts on my face. The sun is killing me. My tongue was dry, sandpaper rough.

I looked back over my shoulder to make sure HE wasn't there anymore. To make sure HE wasn't still watching me. That man with the fishing pole, how dare he follow me. All day long he was always two steps behind me: there on the bus, again in the diner, and even on the way to 36th street.

Ha! Now there was a story… 36th street. When I got to 36th street, I turned around and realized that the man had taken off all of his clothes! I was very frightened.

I ran down the street trying to loose this maniac, who seemed so familiar. I ended up here on the pier. Strange, this man seems so familar but nothing else is. I have no idea where I am....how I got here...Or who I am. Who Am I?

My head was killing me...vaguely I remember popping some aspirin earlier that day. They weren't much of a help. This throbbing, pulsing pain was seeming to come from everywhere and nowhere inside my head all at once.

I think the haze is lifting. I hope my memory starts returning as quickly as the pain from these wounds, but not quite as fast as the tide is coming in. I'm begining to wonder if I should find the nearest hospital.

Staggering down the length of the pier, I remembered something someone had told me earlier that week. That someone, I couldn't remember who. But I do remember that what they said was very important.

The hospital doors open automatically. Good thing. I'm not sure I had the strength to open them. I slowly made my way to the front desk. God, it hurt to walk. The nurse continued typing for a little while before looking up at me. She gasped at all the cuts on my face.

I watched her eyes as she slowly looked at my face. I held my head down.. and waited. "Umm, may I help you?" she asked.
baby's in Reno with the vitamin D

simon
simedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2003, 06:38 PM   #18
moel

I watched her eyes as she slowly looked at my face. I held my head down.. and waited. "Umm, may I help you?" she asked.

A totally irrational urge took hold, and I wanted to run. This is when I felt the seat of the wheel chair crash into the back of my knees, causing me to fall reluctantly seated.
moel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2003, 09:36 PM   #19
simedog

A totally irrational urge took hold, and I wanted to run. This is when I felt the seat of the wheel chair crash into the back of my knees, causing me to fall reluctantly seated.

"Can you just give me something for the pain?" I asked. The nurse looked at me, then turned to the doctor by my side and whispered something I couldn't hear. Maybe something they didn't want me to hear.

simon
Old 06-29-2003, 10:06 PM   #20
Guido
monkey

"Can you just give me something for the pain?" I asked. The nurse looked at me, then turned to the doctor by my side and whispered something I couldn't hear. Maybe something they didn't want me to hear.

The left wheel pulsed with a rusty squeek as I was wheeled down the corridor. A large, gentle man helped me onto an examing table before I passed out from the pain. As I slipped back into consiousness, I heard the rush of the curtain and felt someone standing very close.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2003, 11:06 PM   #21
simedog

The left wheel pulsed with a rusty squeek as I was wheeled down the corridor. A large, gentle man helped me onto an examing table before I passed out from the pain. As I slipped back into consiousness, I heard the rush of the curtain and felt someone standing very close.

"Sshhhhh, we don't want to wake him up." whispered a female voice. "You're right, it's best he doesn't know yet." The second voice was older sounding, with a light German accent.

simon
Old 06-30-2003, 04:03 PM   #22
moel

"Sshhhhh, we don't want to wake him up." whispered a female voice. "You're right, it's best he doesn't know yet." The second voice was older sounding, with a light German accent.

It was building inside me. The mystery, the secrets, all of it. I was about to snap, to lose all control. Looking side to side, strange images through strange doors. No answers to my questions, no actions toward my struggles. Nothing, the only reply an needle in my arm and a pinch of sour blood. I couldn't lose control, that was my problem. I had no control to lose.
moel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2003, 06:36 PM   #23
euphoric goose

It was building inside me. The mystery, the secrets, all of it. I was about to snap, to lose all control. Looking side to side, strange images through strange doors. No answers to my questions, no actions toward my struggles. Nothing, the only reply an needle in my arm and a pinch of sour blood. I couldn't lose control, that was my problem. I had no control to lose.

I slowly came out of my drugged stupor and saw myself surrounded by geese--those succulent, tender, white feathers, quivering as I rose from my bedside and toward erotic bliss. "No, I must stop myself," I thought. Remember what happened the last time you gave in to your forbidden desires...
euphoric goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2003, 12:58 AM   #24
fodder

I slowly came out of my drugged stupor and saw myself surrounded by geese--those succulent, tender, white feathers, quivering as I rose from my bedside and toward erotic bliss. "No, I must stop myself," I thought. Remember what happened the last time you gave in to your forbidden desires...

Clenched my fingernails into my palms, praying for pain, for blood. Sun blinds me, water rushes in the room, screaming pigeons, croacking geese. This is real? Is this real. I blinked hard, contacts sticking to my eyelids and spinning psychedelic projections on egg white walls.

I blinked them away. Their yellow, baleful beaks bumping my shoulderblades slowly become a sterile sharpness in my palms. My eyes gather sight and drip down the room; sticky mauve gathers in my grip, my mouth croaks.
Old 07-01-2003, 11:21 PM   #25
bailygrl

Clenched my fingernails into my palms, praying for pain, for blood. Sun blinds me, water rushes in the room, screaming pigeons, croacking geese. This is real? Is this real. I blinked hard, contacts sticking to my eyelids and spinning psychedelic projections on egg white walls.

I blinked them away. Their yellow, baleful beaks bumping my shoulderblades slowly become a sterile sharpness in my palms. My eyes gather sight and drip down the room; sticky mauve gathers in my grip, my mouth croaks.

This pain, discomfort, it was becoming familiar....too familiar. The flashes were coming back to me. Bright piercing lights, the dull constant thump in the back of my head. In desperation I attmpted to sit up but an invisible harness was strapping my neck to the table.
bailygrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2003, 09:34 PM   #26
Gareon
monkey

Ha! Now there was a story? 36th street. When I got to 36th street, I turned around and realized that the man had taken off all of his clothes! I was very frightened.

This pain, discomfort, it was becoming familiar....too familiar. The flashes were coming back to me. Bright piercing lights, the dull constant thump in the back of my head. In desperation I attmpted to sit up but an invisible harness was strapping my neck to the table.

The chuckle was the dry, humorless kind emitted by scientists the world over: "Ah, so you think you are befouled... by... fowl?" The ersatz humor of the pedant, I would have sneered under different circumstances, but now all I could think was how familiar he sounded and to what a dangerous turn events had made.
Gareon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2003, 01:43 PM   #27
agentsmith
rap geisha

Ha! Now there was a story? 36th street. When I got to 36th street, I turned around and realized that the man had taken off all of his clothes! I was very frightened.

The chuckle was the dry, humorless kind emitted by scientists the world over: "Ah, so you think you are befouled... by... fowl?" The ersatz humor of the pedant, I would have sneered under different circumstances, but now all I could think was how familiar he sounded and to what a dangerous turn events had made.

I licked my dry, cracked lips. The voice of the man beside me was droning on about something, but it was as if he was shouting at me from miles away.
agentsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2003, 04:48 PM   #28
Tzim

I licked my dry, cracked lips. The voice of the man beside me was droning on about something, but it was as if he was shouting at me from miles away. My mind was rivited to the sight of a slender, delicate fishing pole proped up in the corner of the room and the goose feather lure dangling lightly from it. Suddenly, it was as if a curtain had rippped exposing to me the feeble machinery behind a seemingly diabolical world. Now it all made sense.
Tzim is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: