ZEFRANK.COM - message board  

Go Back   ZEFRANK.COM - message board > FICTION PROJECT
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 44 votes, 4.61 average. Display Modes
Old 09-05-2003, 05:41 PM   #46
funkytuba
Spone to Proonerisms

Moonlight set upon the shore. It was quiet, tranquil, waiting for something. Do I ask him, I let fate ask me. The sands started shifting although there was barely a breeze. A step or two maybe, in the right direction and I would be back to the beginning. But would I ever learn to accept what I have become, with or without that damn ringing in my ears ? Desert wind sparkles of stardust and oasis dreams.

Fundamentally, it had nothing to do with it. This was the road I had chosen, just as surely as I had been born to walk it. I had almost partially decided that to be definitely completely true. The darkness that surrounded me was deafening. I felt hungry.

Fat juicy burgers swam past my field of vision. Was this the key to the meaning of life? I pondered the vegan alternative while the sand sucked at my toes. Ate pie, corner pocket.

Then it happened. The formula for pi floated before me, and it did have a finite end. Lucky for me, because if it didn't, it would still be floating there, over the face of the waters, way past the scraps of unfinished answers to questions no one ever thought to ask me, past the bottles without messages, and past, far beyond, the memory of that time we had in Ozona Texas.

Two steps forward and sixteen back. That was the place she had spoken about in the letter I had never received. Here at my feet was the manual he had thrown away. Just beyond my reach I saw a cellphone.

Swirling, ever swirling with indecision and something not unlike horror, I reached out. The price of ham had gone up 50 cents. People were yelling. The phone was ringing. Vapid, the Mad cow jumped in back, singing praises of undignified glory.

That's when I saw the clown. He wasn't your average ordinary clown. He was carrying a chain saw. I was humming a song that would not, could not leave my head. An idea became ever clearer in my mind; previous doubt and misgivings completely left me. I felt elated.

It was no longer tranquil. The road was empty, sixteen back in Ozona Texas. Some clown was bawling about a letter that was never received. The cellphone rang again. I handed it to the clown.

Ever since that day in September, he had not been the same. Troubled, he held it in the palm of his hand and stared at it. Like it was a foreign object he had never seen before. I felt a tenderness for him that made me ache. What had happened to him? To me? To us?

Suddenly a woman wearing a big floppy hat dropped a glass of ice water. The lights flickered and went out.

Most species of starfish shed their eggs and sperm freely into the water, so fertilization is externally.

Two steps forward and sixteen back. Fresh maple syrup on a pancake stack. The sweetness so near but I drowned it in beer. My synapses were sputtering when I heard something clear: the voice again. She asked me (again) about the persimmons in the front yard and the nightengales in the refridgerator and even about the tadpoles swimming in the water cooler. Again, I told her about the infinite robot shopping mall flourescent neon highway of life and its unusual accoutrements. And, yet (again) again she (me (we (it (star (galaxy))))) didn't get it. So what else to do? Sixteen back… sweet mattresses.

Buttressing my courage, I rolled my eyes around in my pockets and felt for a smoking gun. There was no way I was going to forget what my mother told me. I think it was something about the importance of cheesecloth. I can’t remember.

A piece of lint got stuck in my eye and suddenly a million car horns were blaring in my earlobes. I realized that when I walked backwards, I had gone back into the middle of the street I had just crossed, and cars and trucks had been driving past me and beeping all this time. How long had I been standing here? Hours? Days? Months? I began to feel a nagging urge for head cheese.

A clown crossed the street in the distance. Frogs began raining from the sky. I saw that It was carrying a whiffle ball bat. My five-iron goes 165 yards, maybe 170, under duress, so I better use the four. But the tablespace was uncoalesced and my redo was undone.

The continuity flowed. Erratic, disparate, but somehow together at the same time. "She's come undone" suddenly blared from the speakers at the table next to me. "Shut up! Shut up, all of you!"

Then I suddenly awoke. I wasn't in a restaurant with a clown and the music -- oh the sweet, sweet bitter music ... I was in church. My spouse was looking at me, mouth agape.

Father Pinsky glared from the pulpit. I was naked!

The mountain goat is the single North American representative of a widespread group of goat-like ungulates. The name mountain goat is misleading because this animal is not a true goat. Underneath his copy of _I Robot_ was a dejected paper clip of the blue plastic persuasion.

To all and sundry, she would say that she is going nowhere in a hurry. Although it is a well-known fact that mars is more distant than Earth, somehow I couldn’t persuade my friend that it is colder or even that it is more distant than venus, his logic being that if it’s red, it must be hot. Zeke choked down the last bacon cheeseburger with tears coming out of his eyes, wishing he had never bought it.

I covered the scrapes on my arm today, a week after the original injury, with triple antibiotic ointment and a bandage since it is on the top of my arm just above my elbow and keeps rubbing against trees, door jambs, other people, keeping it seepy and raw and not scabbed over.

I really don't like the color "camel".

Pinksy was perturbed. My mind had wandered again. "Gee, sir, Thanks for the duct tape." nothing really matters anymore to anybody anywhere under any circumstances. Who really cares about anything anymore anyway? Damn the torpedos.

The fingernail clippings just kept piling up, creating a slipping hazard. Eye contact across a crowded bar room resulted in three broken hearts, two and a half used prophylactics and no phone calls the next day, but one two weeks later, a wrong number, or so she thought.
funkytuba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2003, 04:47 AM   #47
rapscalious rob

Moonlight set upon the shore. It was quiet, tranquil, waiting for something. Do I ask him, I let fate ask me. The sands started shifting although there was barely a breeze. A step or two maybe, in the right direction and I would be back to the beginning. But would I ever learn to accept what I have become, with or without that damn ringing in my ears ? Desert wind sparkles of stardust and oasis dreams.

Fundamentally, it had nothing to do with it. This was the road I had chosen, just as surely as I had been born to walk it. I had almost partially decided that to be definitely completely true. The darkness that surrounded me was deafening. I felt hungry.

Fat juicy burgers swam past my field of vision. Was this the key to the meaning of life? I pondered the vegan alternative while the sand sucked at my toes. Ate pie, corner pocket.

Then it happened. The formula for pi floated before me, and it did have a finite end. Lucky for me, because if it didn't, it would still be floating there, over the face of the waters, way past the scraps of unfinished answers to questions no one ever thought to ask me, past the bottles without messages, and past, far beyond, the memory of that time we had in Ozona Texas.

Two steps forward and sixteen back. That was the place she had spoken about in the letter I had never received. Here at my feet was the manual he had thrown away. Just beyond my reach I saw a cellphone.

Swirling, ever swirling with indecision and something not unlike horror, I reached out. The price of ham had gone up 50 cents. People were yelling. The phone was ringing. Vapid, the Mad cow jumped in back, singing praises of undignified glory.

That's when I saw the clown. He wasn't your average ordinary clown. He was carrying a chain saw. I was humming a song that would not, could not leave my head. An idea became ever clearer in my mind; previous doubt and misgivings completely left me. I felt elated.

It was no longer tranquil. The road was empty, sixteen back in Ozona Texas. Some clown was bawling about a letter that was never received. The cellphone rang again. I handed it to the clown.

Ever since that day in September, he had not been the same. Troubled, he held it in the palm of his hand and stared at it. Like it was a foreign object he had never seen before. I felt a tenderness for him that made me ache. What had happened to him? To me? To us?

Suddenly a woman wearing a big floppy hat dropped a glass of ice water. The lights flickered and went out.

Most species of starfish shed their eggs and sperm freely into the water, so fertilization is externally.

Two steps forward and sixteen back. Fresh maple syrup on a pancake stack. The sweetness so near but I drowned it in beer. My synapses were sputtering when I heard something clear: the voice again. She asked me (again) about the persimmons in the front yard and the nightengales in the refridgerator and even about the tadpoles swimming in the water cooler. Again, I told her about the infinite robot shopping mall flourescent neon highway of life and its unusual accoutrements. And, yet (again) again she (me (we (it (star (galaxy))))) didn't get it. So what else to do? Sixteen back… sweet mattresses.

Buttressing my courage, I rolled my eyes around in my pockets and felt for a smoking gun. There was no way I was going to forget what my mother told me. I think it was something about the importance of cheesecloth. I can’t remember.

A piece of lint got stuck in my eye and suddenly a million car horns were blaring in my earlobes. I realized that when I walked backwards, I had gone back into the middle of the street I had just crossed, and cars and trucks had been driving past me and beeping all this time. How long had I been standing here? Hours? Days? Months? I began to feel a nagging urge for head cheese.

A clown crossed the street in the distance. Frogs began raining from the sky. I saw that It was carrying a whiffle ball bat. My five-iron goes 165 yards, maybe 170, under duress, so I better use the four. But the tablespace was uncoalesced and my redo was undone.

The continuity flowed. Erratic, disparate, but somehow together at the same time. "She's come undone" suddenly blared from the speakers at the table next to me. "Shut up! Shut up, all of you!"

Then I suddenly awoke. I wasn't in a restaurant with a clown and the music -- oh the sweet, sweet bitter music ... I was in church. My spouse was looking at me, mouth agape.

The mountain goat is the single North American representative of a widespread group of goat-like ungulates. The name mountain goat is misleading because this animal is not a true goat. Underneath his copy of _I Robot_ was a dejected paper clip of the blue plastic persuasion.

To all and sundry, she would say that she is going nowhere in a hurry. Although it is a well-known fact that mars is more distant than Earth, somehow I couldn’t persuade my friend that it is colder or even that it is more distant than venus, his logic being that if it’s red, it must be hot. Zeke choked down the last bacon cheeseburger with tears coming out of his eyes, wishing he had never bought it.

I covered the scrapes on my arm today, a week after the original injury, with triple antibiotic ointment and a bandage since it is on the top of my arm just above my elbow and keeps rubbing against trees, door jambs, other people, keeping it seepy and raw and not scabbed over.

Pinksy was perturbed. My mind had wandered again. "Gee, sir, Thanks for the duct tape." nothing really matters anymore to anybody anywhere under any circumstances. Who really cares about anything anymore anyway? Damn the torpedos.

The fingernail clippings just kept piling up, creating a slipping hazard. Eye contact across a crowded bar room resulted in three broken hearts, two and a half used prophylactics and no phone calls the next day, but one two weeks later, a wrong number, or so she thought.

PEA, or phenylethylamine, is also known as the “love chemical,” and combined with norepinephrine, creates the sensation, complete with weak knees and that way the person you’re in love with suddenly seems more attractive than anyone else, of falling in love. I sure like being inside this fancy computer.
Old 09-07-2003, 05:32 PM   #48
nycwriters
Stuck in T.O.

PEA, or phenylethylamine, is also known as the “love chemical,” and combined with norepinephrine, creates the sensation, complete with weak knees and that way the person you’re in love with suddenly seems more attractive than anyone else, of falling in love. I sure like being inside this fancy computer.

Four forward, sixteen back. I was making progress. Clippings, Texas, the Stardust lounge, me, you. The equivalent of chaos.
nycwriters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2003, 12:17 PM   #49
malina
leaving

Four forward, sixteen back. I was making progress. Clippings, Texas, the Stardust lounge, me, you. The equivalent of chaos.
We could never be sure. We would never know! Dang it mom had been right again. She could still get to me.
malina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2003, 01:36 AM   #50
funkytuba
Spone to Proonerisms

We could never be sure. We would never know! Dang it mom had been right again. She could still get to me.

Bubble wrap protected the antique creamer creating an odd symbiotic juxtaposition of old and new. He leaves his copy of Gray's anatomy in the apartment as he moves out. Underneath it all, vanilla still reigns as the supreme flavor, though cumin runs a close second.
Old 09-10-2003, 07:29 PM   #51
malina
leaving

Bubble wrap protected the antique creamer creating an odd symbiotic juxtaposition of old and new. He leaves his copy of Gray's anatomy in the apartment as he moves out. Underneath it all, vanilla still reigns as the supreme flavor, though cumin runs a close second.

Careful probing and dusting revealed nothing. She flexed her hand inside the latex glove - I could see the effort was beginning to wear her out. A fine line became visible in the corner of her left eye. Only I could discern it. She had confided in no one else. I had learned to read all the signs. It made me sad.
Old 09-12-2003, 02:28 AM   #52
nycwriters
Stuck in T.O.

Careful probing and dusting revealed nothing. She flexed her hand inside the latex glove - I could see the effort was beginning to wear her out. A fine line became visible in the corner of her left eye. Only I could discern it. She had confided in no one else. I had learned to read all the signs. It made me sad.

Fundamentally, it had nothing to do with it. Then it happened. Two steps forward and sixteen back, swirling, ever swirling with indecision and something not unlike horror, I reached out. It was no longer tranquil.
Old 09-13-2003, 11:09 PM   #53
LouisFriend

Fundamentally, it had nothing to do with it. Then it happened. Two steps forward and sixteen back, swirling, ever swirling with indecision and something not unlike horror, I reached out. It was no longer tranquil. The burn on my flesh was searing, scorching, hell to the mind of a calm, considerate pawn of life's cruel joke that puts us in harm's way and dictates the meaning of the axiom, "Life is but a dream, the nightmares comparative with the death of a mockingbird."
LouisFriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2003, 05:39 PM   #54
funkytuba
Spone to Proonerisms

Fundamentally, it had nothing to do with it. Then it happened. Two steps forward and sixteen back, swirling, ever swirling with indecision and something not unlike horror, I reached out. It was no longer tranquil. The burn on my flesh was searing, scorching, hell to the mind of a calm, considerate pawn of life's cruel joke that puts us in harm's way and dictates the meaning of the axiom, "Life is but a dream, the nightmares comparative with the death of a mockingbird."

This is nothing! Her eyes glued to the monitor, she absentmindedly felt over for her coffee cup and brought it to her lips, spewing all over her keyboard as her brain processed last week's cool greasy former latte going into her mouth.
Old 09-18-2003, 12:44 AM   #55
nycwriters
Stuck in T.O.

This is nothing! Her eyes glued to the monitor, she absentmindedly felt over for her coffee cup and brought it to her lips, spewing all over her keyboard as her brain processed last week's cool greasy former latte going into her mouth.

It was all relative. A strange symphony of words forming rhythm, breathing life into the seemingly random.
Old 09-22-2003, 06:54 AM   #56
malina
leaving

It was all relative. A strange symphony of words forming rhythm, breathing life into the seemingly random.

The penguin clumsily made his way across the ice, its surface glistening in the morning sun. The sky was an intense shade of blue, the kind that makes you so happy you want to run and never stop.
Old 10-18-2003, 12:22 AM   #57
maychorian
always somewhere else

The penguin clumsily made his way across the ice, its surface glistening in the morning sun. The sky was an intense shade of blue, the kind that makes you so happy you want to run and never stop. A naughty penguin pushed the other into a hole in the ice, and the orangutans howled their angry joy, beating at the plaster trees and rubber vines in their pretty zoo cage, orange-furred arms waving like flags of cottonballs in a subtle breeze.
maychorian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2003, 11:53 PM   #58
Klynne
monkey

Quote:
Originally posted by maychorian

The penguin clumsily made his way across the ice, its surface glistening in the morning sun. The sky was an intense shade of blue, the kind that makes you so happy you want to run and never stop. A naughty penguin pushed the other into a hole in the ice, and the orangutans howled their angry joy, beating at the plaster trees and rubber vines in their pretty zoo cage, orange-furred arms waving like flags of cottonballs in a subtle breeze.
I purchased bananas, oranges and apples. I offered the orangatang a banana, he shook his head angerly and gave me the raspberry. "THPPPTTT". I dropped the banana into his cage. He pointed at the orange which I gave to him. He ate it greedily.
Klynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2003, 02:57 PM   #59
malina
leaving

I purchased bananas, oranges and apples. I offered the orangatang a banana, he shook his head angerly and gave me the raspberry. "THPPPTTT". I dropped the banana into his cage. He pointed at the orange which I gave to him. He ate it greedily.

Ah the mountains... majestic and imposing. How did I get here?
Old 10-28-2003, 09:31 AM   #60
funkytuba
Spone to Proonerisms

Ah the mountains... majestic and imposing. How did I get here? The cat decided she liked the dog's food after all and pigged out. Underneath the vacuum some dust mites fought over a flake of skin, not knowing that in a few seconds it wouldn't really matter.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: