ZEFRANK.COM - message board  

Go Back   ZEFRANK.COM - message board > FAST CHAT
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-23-2003, 07:53 PM   #1
LadyCrow
WhY sO SiRiUs?

Road Trip Stories

I was reminded of mine by nyc's current KITH icon...

Many moons ago, 3 friends & I went on vacation to Niagra Falls. On our way up the NYS thruway (which can be an adventure in itself), we were stopped by a trooper & basically bothered for no reason (no kidding, dammit). After he left, we all were pissed off for a while, & made many colorful remarks about his person. Being a serious KITH fan, I came up w/a parody to "99 Bottles of Beer On the wall", & dedicated it to our friendly NYS trooper:

99 Cops lined up on the wall
99 cops on the wall
You take one down and crush his head
98 cops lined up on the wall...

etc...

So what's yer good road trip story? Inquiring minds want to know...

Pax,
LC

"If there is a bedrock principle of the First Amendment, it is that the government may not prohibit the expression of an idea simply because society finds the idea itself offensive or disagreeable."

-- Justice William J. Brennan
(1906-1997) U. S. Supreme Court Justice
Source: Texas vs. Johnson, 1989

Illegitimi non carborundum...

Whatever doesn't kill you simply makes you... stranger. - Heath Ledger
LadyCrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2003, 04:22 AM   #2
dickieC
Professional ZeMonkey

Quote:
Originally posted by nycwriters
Where we stopped was phenomenally beautiful. We had just come out of the foothills of the Rockies and in the distance we could see flattened mountain tops (there's a word for it, but it escapes me at the moment ... picture a mountain with it's top flattened down like a table top).
Mesa.

Great story!
Old 09-24-2003, 06:04 AM   #3
zenbabe
Lollypop!

My brother's boss has a place in Real Del Mar, Mexico. He only stays there every other weekend. It is right on the cliffs. Very beautiful. His only requirment for using the place for the weekend is leaving a bottle of something behind. He is a great guy.

This was back when my brother lived with me, and things just got to stressful here with work and relationships and such..so we decided to take a road trip to Mexico...and get away from it all.

The drive down there was fine. The weekend was a mixture of drinks, sun and fun. We had some other friends meet us down there. It was so relaxing. You can tell the have and have-nots walking across the beach by who had stairwells that led down from the cliffs. It was fun analyzing who had the best stariwell. My favorite was the spiral staricase straight down the cliff.

On our way back, there was a pseudo border check (it was still in Mexico, but a place they could pull you over).

There wasn't anyone else around, it was just me and my brother. They pulled us over against a backdrop of a dry cliff side. There wasn't anyone else around except the four "federales" that couldn't have been more than 16 years old.

They were armed with assault machine guns.

They asked if they could search our truck......'um..sure!"

We got out..

They rummaged through the truck..(there was no contraband of any kind in there) But I still almost pissed myself.

They said we were good to go and we got in the truck and left....but all I could do was imagine it going the other way and very very bad.

After that, and on the way home, we laughed at how messed up that was and got over it...and then laughed some more at how much fun and how relaxing it was that weekend.

Good times.....

-Dr. Seuss
zenbabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2003, 06:20 AM   #4
LaptopBomber
monkey

Hot damm...

How did you know that one of the actors in my film was one of the actors in the movie "Road Trip"?
LaptopBomber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2003, 12:24 PM   #5
zenbabe
Lollypop!

What film?

-Dr. Seuss
zenbabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2003, 05:03 PM   #6
LaptopBomber
monkey

this film...

http://207.30.201.90/laptopbomber/fi...multimedia.mpg
LaptopBomber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2003, 03:28 PM   #7
amanda
old s'cool

I've always wanted a motorcycle.

Even when I was a little girl, I would tell my parents, "One day, I'm going to own a motorcycle when I grow up."

So, when my friend offered to take me for a ride on his Honda Shadow, many years later, I didn't hesistate for a second.

Especially when it was a ride to Las Vegas from San Diego.

Rule number one- on his bike, you don't ride that much distance without leather. I had already blown a good part of my money on a decent helmet, so I went to Goodwill to find a second-hand jacket. Luckily, I found one that fit my frame and my budget perfectly. Matched with leather gloves I found while shopping for a helmet, I was ready to ride, baby.

Now, I should preface this- we were doing this ride in early December through what is mostly desert. What isn't desert, are mountain passes. We started out mid-morning- the sun was high and the temperature was edging out towards 80 degrees F in San Diego.

On the back of bike, on the highway, reduce the temperature about 20-30 degrees.

During the day, it was great. The sun through the black leather managed its way down through the couple of shirt layers I had on underneath. As the sun sank lower, I managed on a few more layers while we stopped for fuel and stretches.

That sunset over the desert was one of the most beautiful I have ever seen and the least wanted. I was already shivering uncontrolably as the sun slipped under the horizon, not able to feel my fingers. I tugged on the back of my friend's jacket with my teeth when I saw a sign for Mickey D's. I needed to get some warmth before we continued on.

He sat me down, bought me a cup of coffee and an apple pie. I just held them for a very long time. While I de-thawed, he looked over my gear, "Well, no wonder, kid. You bought summer leathers."

"You mean there's a difference?"

"Yep. Good lesson, huh?"

I remember reading somewhere that you can see the light from the Luxor Hotel from thirty miles outside of Las Vegas. That night, that light was beakon of hope for me- maybe, just maybe, we were going to make it to the Strip before I became a human popsicle.

I still want a motorcycle.
amanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2003, 07:09 PM   #8
LadyCrow
WhY sO SiRiUs?

For Amanda

Enjoy!

Pax,
LC

"If there is a bedrock principle of the First Amendment, it is that the government may not prohibit the expression of an idea simply because society finds the idea itself offensive or disagreeable."

Old 09-26-2003, 12:32 PM   #9
amanda
old s'cool

ooh yeah.

easy ridin'

amanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2003, 02:58 PM   #10
LadyCrow
WhY sO SiRiUs?

:: raises hand ::

I do, I do!

That is one sweet freakin' ride, moel. Wouldn't mind having one of those myself someday...

I've only been on a hog once (but don't hold it against me); loved it madly, of course.

:: breaking into song ala "White Christmas" by Bing Crosby ::

Iiiiiiiii'm dreaming of a red & black Harley
Just like the ones I saw in the show about Sturgis

Pax,
LC

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: