ZEFRANK.COM - message board  

Go Back   ZEFRANK.COM - message board > Digital Media and Learning Competition > Participants
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-20-2007, 01:05 AM   #1
Booalready
Sinner

Boo

I love to learn and I can teach.

Certified in English 7-12 with 9 years experience at all levels from AP to sped MH and even ED excluding those of the severely OH (but have informal experience there as well). Yeah, I know of the ever changing alphabet soup.

Written (and successfully used) curriculum from "at-risk" to honors and know how to tie in an academic standard to just about anything.

Familiar with IDEA and a good many ed law precedents and how they can be interpreted through something like and e-school environment.

Masters in Ed Admin. I got it because I wanted to see how the machine worked and how to fix it not to be a principal though the money is better.

I know how to use some basic stuff if you are talking to IT peeps but if you are talking to a standard educator today I would be considered advanced.

The At-Risk kiddos have been my drive, but I like 'em all fine. I work in an "inner-urban" public school and I get away with bucking the system because I can get kids to pass dehumanizing tests without hurting them.

Interdisciplinary, team teaching, co-teaching, whole language, phonics, formula writing, writing across the disciplines, and most every other thing that's come down the pike in the last ten years I have read the books and used the gems therein.

I am comfortable with parent interaction and contact as well as POs counselors etc.

I am very interested in e-school. I have investigated about 30-40 online places that might offer the things necessary for a quality school. Currently I am collecting letters of recommendation to apply and hopefully gain access to the one e-school kids here have used, ECOT to see what it is all about. So far from kid interviews hey are lacking quality interaction.

No trouble using the ether and all the toys to get the job done and will learn what I need to in order to do so.

I have been perceived as gruff and unpolished in interpersonal communication with my co-workers but not with my colleagues. There is a difference.

To me this is about a better future and I will do anything to make it happen even if it means stepping out.

Currently I teach sophomore English and philosophy and school starts in a week. Fine arts, journalism, French and some other stuff have been my minors in college.

This needs to happen.

Text book companies. They have an interest and they have much to lose and money to make and spend. Just saying.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: