ZEFRANK.COM - message board  

Go Back   ZEFRANK.COM - message board > FAST CHAT
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-14-2005, 03:17 AM   #1
priceyfatprude
girthy pickles

Cool We're gonna party like it's 1999!!!!

What were you doing in 1999? Where were you living? What were you doing for a living? Pets/spouses/kids? Any other fun stories you'd like to share? Here's mine!

The first half of 1999 I spent getting ready to move into here. I moved into here June 1. The rest of the year I lived here, with no TV at first, then a 13 incher. My house was a lot cleaner when I didn't have a TV. I still had the old microwave & the old pots & pans. And the futon.

I also got a new job & left the old one. Went back to first shift to get my weekends & sanity back after 5 years in a call center.

I've had this phone number for 6 years next month. Ameritech is supposed to have a turn around time of 2 months on any phone numbers of theirs. This means shut off completely, not in use for 8 weeks prior to turning on the number for someone else.

I've been getting calls on & off for Donna Kaczynski for the last 6 years. Hoehle's Pharmacy over on the south side, a doctor's office on the south side of Milwaukee, and a lawyer out east who I had a pretty good conversation with, which ended w/me saying, "Well if you ever *do* get ahold of that ****, tell her to stop giving out my ****ing phone number."

The thing that galls me is these people mostly leave messages on my machine. With Donna's information pertaining to their company. Now, I could've not called this lady back, or better yet, called back, pretended to be Donna & told her, "Look, I dont care who you are, I gots to feed my kids & my 5 babydaddies! I can't pay your claim!"

But no.

Every time I get a call for Donna, I write the number down, call it back & explain that Donna has not had this particular phone number since 1999.

AND EVERY TIME, I GET THE SAME QUESTION: anyone care to guess what it is??????

wait

for

it

"Well, is there any way that you know of that I could get ahold of her?"

I DONT EVEN KNOW THE FARKING BIATCH, IF I DID I WOULD SOCK HER IN THE ****IN EYE!

Tell me about your 1999. It's GOT to be better than mine.
priceyfatprude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2005, 03:20 AM   #2
Gatsby
I used to be a girl

My first half of 1999 I was a freshman in college, drinking way too much.

Let's see ... still in college, still drinking way too much.
Gatsby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2005, 03:21 AM   #3
priceyfatprude
girthy pickles

There has to be at least one story in there that rivals my Donna story.
priceyfatprude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2005, 04:28 AM   #4
zenbabe
Lollypop!

1999 was when I finally decided that my career as an actress would never happen and I moved out of that sack of shit town L.A. and back home to S.D.

This is only the beginning of my story....

-Dr. Seuss
zenbabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2005, 04:46 AM   #5
Gatsby
I used to be a girl

Okay, in early 1999 I had just declared my major as art, stolen my then-boyfriend from his then-girlfriend, and then joined a sorority (BWAHAHAHAHA).

Uh, I could tell stories, but they're really not that funny if you're not underage and drunk. Nothing historic here. 1999 was a relatively blase year.
Gatsby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2005, 01:53 PM   #6
xfox
slightly effective

Patience, yes. Same story as pfp when I bought my condo from Sebastian P in 1993. It took five years for phone and mail to finally quit for him. He was a nice divorcÚ, but totally disorganized, poor fellow.

I'm not moving in spite of the normal problems of home ownership. I've worked for the same company for 25 years and i'm trying and working hard on learning how to be less crabby as I get older and uglier.

Maybe I should just stick with crabby. My Mom says if she were an Eskimo she'd be sent down the river on a block of ice. Naaaagh, Mom, we'll keep ya.
xfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2005, 02:30 PM   #7
red
elite rabble

Quote:
Originally Posted by priceyfatprude
There has to be at least one story in there that rivals my Donna story.
My aunt has almost the same number as pizza hut. She is REALLY tired of people asking for pizza. I told her she should take the order and let them think they are getting the pizza or better yet take their order and then call it in to the real pizza hut as a completely different pizza.

not really close to your donna story at all.
Old 04-14-2005, 04:01 PM   #8
bealeblues
where's my salt?

i graduated law school and started the job from hell in the career i hate
Old 04-14-2005, 04:48 PM   #9
melissa
monkey

1999, I was living in the basement of a house, very cheaply, in a great part of Portland. I was working as a barista and going to school part time. I went drinking and dancing at least once a week at The Embers Avenue, where one room has a dance floor and the other room has drag queen shows. For some reason one of the bartenders took a liking to me and gave me all my alcohol for free. That summer, I took a month off of work and flew to Japan to visit my best friend who got a job teaching English in the middle of one of the smaller islands. That was the year of my man mistake, which I'm glad I got out of the way when I was young and spry. In October, my cat got hit by a car, but amazingly he didn't break any bones but he did learn that cars can hurt him and ever since then he looks both ways before he crosses the street. That is also the year that I quit smoking pot. My smoke-free month in Japan totally changed the way it affected me, I went from being able to do anything while stoned to not wanting to get off of my bed while high.

Later in 1999, I met some wonderful people who shared my enthusiasm for drinking and dancing and we began going to the gay bars weekly for late nights of fun.

That's about it.

Last edited by melissa : 04-14-2005 at 07:23 PM.
melissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2005, 07:18 PM   #10
Saxifrage
monkey

1999 - I left my fiance' of four years on New Years day. Moved out lock stock and barrel. Spent the entire year and part of the next one living a hedonistic lifestyle of intoxicated debauchery (never had to go to rehab though) spent the years since regaining my physical purity
Old 04-14-2005, 10:27 PM   #11
Hermione
monkey

1999... I was being home schooled. I went to the mall everyday.
Hermione is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2005, 10:32 PM   #12
madasacutsnake
no more nice girl

Stick turned purple. And it only got worse from there.
Old 04-15-2005, 01:16 AM   #13
zenbabe
Lollypop!

I had to move in with my dad for 6 months

-Dr. Seuss
zenbabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2005, 12:47 AM   #14
Mary
The Uncola

In 1999 I had turned 13 (whoo teenagerdom). In the fall of that year I left the Catholic school I was attending and happily went to public school.

I quit whatever remaining extracuricular activities due to panic attacks and began to see my current counselor.

'99 was a pretty boring year for me. I lost a lot of friends that year due to their cliquishness...then I got more and lost all of them due to their cliquishness...I saw a pattern o_O

I wish I could rival your Donna story..sadly, though, I have nothing from that year.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: