ZEFRANK.COM - message board  

Go Back   ZEFRANK.COM - message board > Being little
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-03-2002, 01:09 AM   #1
NekoPunk
Don't dream it, be it...

Talking halloween

i remember that once, for halloween when i was five, i dressed up like Jem from Jem and the Holograms. i had a star around my eye, one on my cheek, and lipstick. i also had wonderfully big 80's hair, and a neat outfit.

and, just for the record, my dad did my makeup and my hair.

chuette
^_^
You bring your knees in tight...
But it's the pelvic thrust...
That really drives you insane!
Let's do the time-warp again!
NekoPunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2002, 04:21 AM   #2
katester
jack's smirking revenge

once i was a unicorn. my mom went all out for me.

I had hooves, which went around my wrists that were covered, and i mean covered with glitter (i left a trail of it where ever i went), hooves on my ankles, a mane with a horn (also covered in glitter) that stretched all the way from my forehead (for the morons, where my horn was) all the way down to my tail, safety pinned to my butt, or rather, the white leotard covering my butt.
What i remember most was- i was upset that I didn't have a face mask that looked like a horses face to go with it.
What a little brat... sheesh.
Old 10-03-2002, 12:08 PM   #3
PHPGoddess
It gives me the jibblies.

My New Kindred Spirit

NekoPunk,
No one ever knows what I'm talking about when I go on about Jem. I used to pretend I was her all the time..and I would "teleport" myself all around the house. People think I'm nuts. But I loved that cartoon. That and She-Ra..I think She-Ra came on right after Jem.

I remember one year my mom dressed me in one of those long red knit sweaters that was a dress in the 80's? and put high heels on me and this feather mask and a purse. I was in 4 th grade. My dad said I looked like a hooker and my mom smacked his arm and told him to hush, I did not. So what did I do? I went to school and when people asked what I was I said "A Hooker". My teacher had to instruct me as to why I shouldn't be saying that. It was mortifying.

Last edited by PHPGoddess : 10-03-2002 at 12:12 PM.
PHPGoddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2002, 03:13 PM   #4
NekoPunk
Don't dream it, be it...

ahh! i loved jem, yeah. she-ra was great.... but i still prefer the he-man... "by the power of greyskull, i have the power!"

and all that... heh.. ^_^

i was just recently reminded of a show that i used to watch called the "noozles". you remember the koalas that were stuffed animals, but they came alive and ate the leaves outside the girls room, and the pink one had a magic mirror that transported them to koala-wala land? yeah, that's the noozles. what i didn't know, though, was that they are an anime. ^_^

but, then, almost no-one remembers that show, so i wouldn't be surprised if you just gave me a funny look over the internet. *sigh* heh
Old 10-03-2002, 03:21 PM   #5
PHPGoddess

nah..don't remember them, but you just reminded me of watching those Care Bear Cousins. Anyone remember that cartoon name? They were little animals with symbols on their tummies like the Care Bears but they were half and half animals mixed up and lived in this forest. And of course, who could forget Rainbow Bright!? LOVED that horse. WANTED that horse.
Old 10-03-2002, 06:54 PM   #6
AllegroNg
What I Am Wearing.

Ohmygosh, I was a My Little Pony for Halloween for 4 years in a row!

Now.. then.. does anyone remember Shirt Tales or the Get a Long Gang? With the poodle on rollerskates?

I think the greatest show in the universe is Today's Special. It was a series on Nick w/Jeff the manaquin (still can't spell it right) And Muffy the Mouse. I was gonna marry Jeff...
-Ng
AllegroNg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2002, 02:40 PM   #7
PHPGoddess

Shirt Tales! Is that the Care Bear Cousins ones I'm trying to think of? That sounds familiar. How about ABC School House Rock? You know they have made a DVD recently with all the School House Rock episodes on it? Fun fun.
Old 10-04-2002, 06:06 PM   #8
Kerstique

The Shirt Tales were unrelated to the Care Bears.. if the Cousins did have their own show (I don't really remember) then it was probably just called "Care Bear Cousins", as that was how they were referred to. And their forest was called the "Forest of Feelings"
They've re-released a lot of Care Bears movies on VHS and there is even a DVD! I have seen em at Wal-Mart and online, maybe they are available for rent someplace too...
Kerstique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2002, 06:54 PM   #9
NekoPunk
Don't dream it, be it...

i don't remember very many of the old cartoons... i just know i watched 'em. i was never really into Looney Toons or anything like that, either. it was always, like, TMNT and stuff like that. i hate how they've made the turtles consumer whores...

*sigh*

i miss 80's cartoons
^_^
Old 10-04-2002, 07:06 PM   #10
lapietra
half baked

"little us" pix

If you guys have pix you should post them there!!!
Old 10-04-2002, 07:49 PM   #11
AllegroNg
What I Am Wearing.

I'd swear Care Bear Cousins had their own show, or they were incorporated with the Care Bears for a while. All I know is that Knoble Heart Horse was my hero!! I always always wanted to take him home, as he'd make a wonderful pet!

Those were the times we tried to make magic come out of our tummies (in manner that Care Bears would)
AllegroNg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2002, 01:46 AM   #12
NekoPunk
Don't dream it, be it...

how do you post? i've got a supra kawaii pic... but i dunno how to put it up there
Old 10-05-2002, 04:03 PM   #13
lapietra
half baked

posting pics

Well, this is the way you're *supposed* to be able to do it:

You need to have a place to store your pic. My Earthlink account gives me 10 MB, I think, for a free website or to store stuff... not a lot of space, but enough to stick a few pix
There are other places on the web where you can get free webspace - some, like fcpages, give 100 MB for free (with advertising) but you have to either have or pretend to be building a website there - you're not supposed to just store stuff. Here's a link to a list of free space providers:

free space providers

Make sure you choose one that allows you to ftp upload with a *free* account. Some will only allow you to ftp if you buy space.

Anyway, you upload your picture to your web space (I use WS-FTP95; there are other free ftp software programs available. like CuteFTP and FileZilla). Here's a link to some ftp programs:

free ftp programs

Then you link to your picture from here using the "IMG" button above the post entry window - Bottom row, third from the left.
In the box that will pop up, you enter the path to the image that you want to show up in the box; for example, for the image I'm going to use here my path is:

"http://home.earthlink.net/~mjstone323/lil_connie.gif"

The easiest way to get the path is to navigate to the image using your browser & cutting and pasting the URL.
Click OK.

The text will show up in the box automatically. Test that the path is correct by clicking the "Preview Reply" button at the bottom before submitting - the pic should show up in the preview post too.

If it doesn't show up, check really carefully to make sure your path is typed correctly... if it's just one letter or symbol off you get nuthin'.

Last edited by lapietra : 10-05-2002 at 04:05 PM.
lapietra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2002, 02:37 PM   #14
NekoPunk
Don't dream it, be it...

ahhhh

okeydokie! i'll get on that as soon as college lets up

thanks!
Old 10-08-2002, 01:18 PM   #15
red
elite rabble

My Mom made my sisters and me gypsy costumes when I was 7 or 8. We loved those costumes and wanted to play in them all the time. She wouldn't let us of course. Each Halloween we'd be a little taller and she's sew another ruffle to the bottom of the skirt. We wore them every year until the vest wouldn't fit.
Gosh, (sniffle) I need to call my Mom right now and tell her much I love her!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: