ZEFRANK.COM - message board  

Go Back   ZEFRANK.COM - message board > FAST CHAT
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 12-05-2002, 03:35 PM   #1
bealeblues
where's my salt?

Inspired by Eiggam

i've just read the post where eiggam met her love over the internet.... so, who has met someone live that they've met over the internet??? and how did it turn out??

i'll go first--- i have not had a live encounter with someone i met over the internet
Old 12-05-2002, 03:59 PM   #2
Deviate
Butt-F***ing the World

i met some friends up in Minneapolis a few years back. it was funny - the quiet ones online were talkative in person and vice versa. we had a nice picnic lunch and that was the end of that.

my mother was just the Matron of Honour at a wedding of someone she met online. they're good friends.

i get anxious to meet internet people in person. it's just that no one lives, or travels to my neck of the woods.

-st.
Deviate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2002, 04:30 PM   #3
beckstra
one classy broad

Well, I did have a relationship with someone over the internet, but once I met the kid in person, I realized that nothing was there. I mean, yeah, with words, we had chemistry, but in person, I couldn't stand him. He never came across as condescending, but once I met him, I never felt like a person. I felt like two inch tall Tom.

However, I met one of my best friends via the internet as well. Should I ever get married, Kate will be here in all her bridesmaid glory.
Old 12-05-2002, 04:34 PM   #4
Zyle
No Longer In Hiding

I met my boyfriend over the internet about a year and a half ago, bit more actually. He came over for the first time New Year last year, and we've been back and forward ever since. He's coming to live here in a few months, so you could say it worked

I've met a lot of online friends in real life too, (10 or so, in and from various countries) usually with my bf as we know them all from the same place we met It's always been great fun, the Amsterdam meeting was particularly wicked *g* 5 of us got together. It was so much fun, a RL version of our IRC channel! We're planning on another one at Easter with even more of the gang, I hope that works out. One day when we're all rich we'll have a US one and meet the other half of the crowd
Old 12-05-2002, 06:32 PM   #5
Eiggam
This is my favorite site!

Oh Bealeblues!!!

You do make me blush! (I am not prone to inspiring people!)

I have to admit I was skeptical at first. But after we had talked for quite a while, somehow, I just knew he wasn't an ax-murderer.... (famous last words!)

Honestly, I am not one to usually do such things... but I was a safe girl... I throughly checked him out... otherwise, I wouldn't have gone to meet him... too many freaks out there roaming the World!
Old 12-05-2002, 06:38 PM   #6
Red Princess
thread soiler

Beale, if you meet with someone you met on the internet they would be arrested, you being 13 and all
Red Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2002, 06:56 PM   #7
Deviate
Butt-F***ing the World

and i'm one of them....

-st.
Old 12-05-2002, 06:58 PM   #8
bealeblues
where's my salt?

oh yeah, i keep forgetting that... maybe that's why i've had no luck

oh wait-- i thought all the pervs liked 13 year old girls...
Old 12-05-2002, 07:05 PM   #9
AllegroNg
What I Am Wearing.

I, too, have been guilty of cyber pimping. Let. Me. Tell. You. They're Creepy! Some of the scariest people ever are those I've derived from the internet! Oh.. ugh..:hides under bed:

Cyberpimping once in a while is ok. But there are people who can only meet lovers from the internet. That's scary.

BTW - ZAY??? So, we're Zay-monkeys. Pbbt!
AllegroNg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2002, 07:26 PM   #10
NekoPunk
Don't dream it, be it...

hmm... i kinda did... it was a real life thing, i knew him in person... but we could only talk or see each other online. it was weird. in real life we had to pretend that we weren't dating. hoo boy was that hard. every time i saw him i wanted to hug him, but i couldn't. that sucked. oh well, it worked for a good while, at least. ^_^
You bring your knees in tight...
But it's the pelvic thrust...
That really drives you insane!
Let's do the time-warp again!
Let's do the time-warp again!
NekoPunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2002, 03:07 AM   #11
quintondotcom
Special Agent Dale Cooper

I have met a bunch of people live I met on the Internet. Over the last year since I shed my pre conceptions and connotations of it's only something for the recluse or socially innept, I've met maybe... 65% of those I have dated on the Internet? Yeah, that sounds about right. My experience is that it's feast or famine. They are either online to meet people cause they actually are incapable of meeting people else wise, or they are super cool people who tend to be pretty open minded, laid back, socially developed, and professionally ambitious. A bunch of them are like me, they just work from home so they have to be creative about how they meet people. I met someone I dated for 6 months earlier this year on the Internet. I guess if it gets that far, the meeting part was a success right? At that point it's about compatibility or incompatibility.
quintondotcom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2002, 03:43 AM   #12
zenbabe
Lollypop!

ive met a bunch of people, well, maybe not a bunch, but quite a few. I dated one of them for 6 months, our first date was new years eve last year, anywho, my current baby doll is someone I knew in L.A when I lived there, I had a huge crush on him at the time but couldn't do anything about it because I was living with my boyfriend at the time, so he moves away, I move away and I hadn't heard from him in 3 years. One day I get an email from him, he was living in San Diego now and he saw me on an online dating site...we have been together ever since..awwwwwww

-Dr. Seuss
zenbabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2002, 05:34 AM   #13
quintondotcom
Special Agent Dale Cooper

that's a cool story zen. what's meant to be will be...

i think online dating is like third world dating...

centuries ago you would maybe meet 2 or 3 potential mates your age your whole life, and your marriage was probably arranged for what was good for your family.

fast forward to the 1800's, you probably met a handful of people your age your whole life, so you're like, "her teeth are straight, she'll do."

Like that's a big enough pool to really find compatibility?

Now we can pre qualify people on age, geographic desirability, pet preferences, spiritual practices, looks, lifestyles... it's a wholesale improvement in the process. the dating pool is phenominally larger with online dating.
quintondotcom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2002, 11:37 AM   #14
Deviate
Butt-F***ing the World

people have become more picky, Q, and mostly because we can. granted, most of the relationships in the 'dark ages' were not loved-based, but a lot of the relationships around now are based on false love.

many people are so busy searching for the ideal that they can't see the incredible people in front of them. i mean, consider the 'nice guy' scenario.

tit for tat, i figure.

-st.
Old 12-06-2002, 11:45 AM   #15
dinzdale
King of the špatnýs

On-line charcteristics are as good judge as ever 'cos, let's face it, meeting the right person is still a complete lottery anyway.
dinzdale is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: