ZEFRANK.COM - message board  

Go Back   ZEFRANK.COM - message board > FAST CHAT
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-01-2006, 03:17 AM   #1
amanda
old s'cool

you've so taught me something. nice one.

I've taken out a personals ad.

"Why now?" I hear you ask.

two reasons, really- the first one was sparked by a comment from my boss the other day: "kiddo, you really need to stop hitting on the scientists that come through here."

Me: "But... I'm not. I am just the way I am. It's not my fault that they're Australian leperchans."

And I'm not hitting on them... really. But the scientists are much more fun than legal docs. so, I figure I should find another outlet for my natural "friendliness".

second reason- the mustard is in bloom. the pines are giving me headaches and I could use a really good...

hey, lookie! a diversion! cool!

anyway. I never thought my three years on the board would amount to much other than esoteric social skills honed through typing into a small little box and pissing people off halfway around the world (or making them titter. or have no reaction at all.) But now I standing on the edge of a whole world of possibilities, 99.9% won't amount to more than a pleasurable, ego-stroking three seconds. But there is always that 0.01% of a single solitary cup of coffee with someone interesting.

and for that, I thank you.
amanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2006, 07:20 AM   #2
zero

why now?
zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2006, 09:25 AM   #3
Hyakujo's Fox
left hanging

Location: between the click of the light and the start of the dream
the mustard is whispering
Hyakujo's Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2006, 10:06 AM   #4
Audreyvgs
Blue's Clues

Have someone that knows you very well pick someone for you from iMatch...the first one I picked for my sister married her.

I'd think it would be unsafe interviewing on your own, and from an emotional standpoint, your level of picking people on your own is a bit lower than if someone who knew it did it. Insecure stuff that we all do...
Old 04-01-2006, 06:37 PM   #5
amanda
old s'cool

interesting viewpoint aud. I'll keep it in mind when I'm on that track- others are much better at picking out clothes for me, so I can see the correlation. but I don't plan on having the poor boy stuffed and framed at this time - I'm more on the catch and release program.

day three in the chemistry lab: lab notes- good reactions, but pretty generic. Only one response to the Danny Kaye reference. Interestingly, no one's asked about "incredible luck at 30-100 ft depth of water". No reaction to the signals I've sent out to some promising subjects.

why now, zip? because... well, frankly- it's all part of a plan. Somewhere, I know I'm currently on moving in a general direction that I don't want to be. the I know the only way I pop out of the world that I am in into a world that I want to be in is to create a synergy of conditions also known as "being fed up".

I'm on the whispering verge of that, but I could use a happy local diversion that involves eating dinner and watching movie with a cutie.

Because I'm not exactly ready to pop out yet- I need about six more months. Maybe nine. Just enough time to be in a relationship, which I really kinda suck at.

eta: ooh, ooh! hey,fox! Are there Australian leperchans? If not, I think we may have a really rare specimen here.

Last edited by amanda : 04-01-2006 at 07:16 PM.
Old 04-01-2006, 07:33 PM   #6
lapietra
half baked

You could just pop *up* about 50 miles... I bet you'd find some good specimens up here...

Dude - when are we doing the magic show/dinner thing? Someone wants to meet you... (not a specimen tho'... )
Old 04-01-2006, 09:11 PM   #7
topcat
monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by lapietra
You could just pop *up* about 50 miles... I bet you'd find some good specimens up here...

)
lala lives right near the junior high. maybe she can help you hook up.

This is an internet bulletin board.

Nothing more. Nothing less
topcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2006, 07:43 PM   #8
amanda
old s'cool

topcat, honey- thank you for the offer to visit your school (I didn't know you lived in the City too!!), but you are really out of my league. I'm afraid that I wouldn't be able to live up to your youthful ideals.

day four in the lab- no response to requests of "tell me a story", but the day is still young.

On a side note, ze posts google romance in his blog. Weighing whether or not to take this is as personal advice (he likes me best!), I get a whole box of Thin Mints, go out for a long run and proceed to toss my cookies* in the bushes. Is there no justice in this world? oh wait... I see the april fools part now...hahahaaa!

I get it.

update: "tell me a story" has come up for results! And the results are.... his life story. (wah-wah-waaaaaaa). Sorry, ace, but that's not what we are looking for. We were looking for "evidence of imagination". Better luck next time.

* eta: Thin Mints are the best- just like little frisbees. and if you land them in the bushes, no one can see

Last edited by amanda : 04-02-2006 at 07:54 PM.
Old 04-03-2006, 11:23 PM   #9
Brynn
constantly amazed

"Once upon a time, you told an enchanting little story, and you most likely lied outrageously. What was it?"
Brynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2006, 11:07 AM   #10
craig johnston
dalai clique

Location: tea leaf towers - home of fine musical entertainment
"it was that one about me being the master of the universe. how did you know?"

ps why are we writing in ""?
Old 04-04-2006, 11:47 AM   #11
12"razormix

... i think brynn's doing Barbara Walters
12"razormix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2006, 12:19 PM   #12
dinzdale
King of the patns

As in hot girl-on-girl action "doing"?
dinzdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2006, 04:36 PM   #13
Zeismyhero
Happy just to dance w/you

Amanda,

You are very brave! I wish you happy hunting...

Keep us posted!
Zeismyhero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2006, 03:11 AM   #14
amanda
old s'cool

day six - let's take one mighty step back here...

personals profit from failure.

But can matchmaking services say "the failure to deliver a satisfying experience only keeps the customer wanting more, thus increasing our profitably". nonono. So, they've gotta blend some false hope in there.

How do that do it?

By asking people very specific qualities of what they WANT.

And who really knows what they want out of another person in a relationship?

Think about it- your friends. Look at them. Did you put out a personals ad to find them? Probably not. Did you tell someone that you knew- "hey, I'm looking for a friend that is a reality TV junkie, likes Thai food and lets their dog sleep in bed. And absolutely has to a Sagitarius."? If you did, you are talented, gifted even. And shallow.

But not many of us can claim such talents- or have the ability to articulate ourselves into tiny checkboxes. We can barely make words work- only to type them out on a little screen to be read in the privacy of our other people's minds. Not many people are that shallow. Some, yes. But the majority pleasantly, mysteriously, sweetly... are not.

Audreyvgs nailed it with her example about her sister. We are too close to ourselves to know the truth about what makes us resonate.

Unless.... (finger up) we are lucky enough to already be humming. One is never short on love when we love the world that we dwell in.

So my friends, with one day left before I have to actually PAY for this service, I find myself looking at these words:

"Don't forget that we regularly launch new features, and new members join us every day... so be sure to visit us in the future if you're looking for great dates. We'll miss you, and would love to see your fabulous face on our service again in the future."

I bet they say that to everyone.
Old 04-05-2006, 02:16 PM   #15
lapietra
half baked

I kind of liked eHarmony. I didn't meet anyone, but you get to take this ubercool test where you learn a lot about yourself and what makes you tick, what kind of person you need to be with. It was actually helpful

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: