ZEFRANK.COM - message board  

Go Back   ZEFRANK.COM - message board > DEBATE HALL
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 18 votes, 4.67 average. Display Modes
Old 11-25-2003, 01:16 PM   #1
chris
monkey

Thumbs up Gay rights

so people say that gays shouldnt have the right to marriage because the majority of the public is against it. bush is against it. so if the majority rules gore should be in office and we shouldn't be at war, and the south should be another nation and i could go on. but for all our sake i won't.
chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2003, 02:05 PM   #2
priceyfatprude
girthy pickles

Thumbs up

Gay people should have every right to lose half their shit someday just like the rest of us.

Save yourself some time! Find a person you hate & give them a house, save yourself 30 years or so.
priceyfatprude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2003, 04:54 PM   #3
Frieda
in limbo

come and live in the netherlands!!

i do remember a story though about this dutch gay couple that went to the usa on vacation, and were denied access, because gay men are a health risk, they could spread aids. that's what the customs guy told them. sad sad..

oh yeah
Frieda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2003, 05:33 PM   #4
chris
monkey

Unhappy

i'm gald that at least some countries do that tolerance thing. its sad when americans dont even have tolerance for other americans.
Old 11-25-2003, 06:28 PM   #5
chris
monkey

currently grorge bush and the federal government are acting to repeal thoes laws and/or make it so other states and the federal government will not have to acknowledge such unions
Old 11-25-2003, 06:55 PM   #6
chris
monkey

wow thats very exciting, but abortion is different than marriage in one very fundimental way, it is on going, abortion is a one time thing. marriages can effectivly be taken away from couples if a law is passed that makes them illegal.
Old 11-25-2003, 07:05 PM   #7
chris
monkey

i just hope that another republican isnt ellected, but i have a bad feeling about it. even if a republican isnt elected, it dosent mean that we wont have a republican president again
Old 11-26-2003, 03:17 PM   #8
Red Princess
thread soiler

marriage is a civil contract, i don't believe the government has a right to tell people who may or may not enter into a civil contract. The only intervening condition being that all parties concerned are of age and sane.
Old 11-30-2003, 07:20 PM   #9
bealeblues
where's my salt?

Quote:
originally posted by chris
the south should be another nation
i'm all for this. actually, we ARE another nation, we just haven't clued you in on it.....
Old 11-30-2003, 09:54 PM   #10
chris
monkey

damn, i should have known.
Old 01-14-2004, 09:02 PM   #11
jaymirror
anartist

I just read that in Holland gays are now able to adopt children as a couple. Before this law they had to apply for single-parent adoption and let the partner be included in the process later on.
I think that's a good step forward.
jaymirror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2004, 12:07 AM   #12
Deus751
monkey

hmmmm

well well well. haha i c that most people agree on this subject. for me i guess i will interject my opinion. norrmaly this is a subject that i stay out of. the same with abortion etc. i have an oopinion but i keep that to my self. but what i do have a problem with is the fact that the american gov't thinks it has the right to restrict somthing this important in someones life. yeah not killing is a good law etc. but really if two guy dudes get married is that really hurting anyone? it might be kinda weird to see two guys living together across the street when you get invited over for dinner or whatever. but seriously does this affect people in a serious or harmful way? i think what most pepole are worried about is that this may influence their childeren etc. the only ting about that i may have a problem with is the right to have a child. that only because of the way childerne are influenced and raised. but don't get me wrong now. i am also against childern raised to be religous too, racist etc. i belive all people should have the choice to make whatever choice they want. and i just hate to see kids raised in a biased family. which is almost impossible not to be raised by one. so yeah its unrealistic but thats my two cents. so yes i agree with all of you.

Looking like a fallen God buried deep in the sand,
The music in strings sadness and love.

Looking at the sky of darkness, as a face of black looks with disregard,
stareing, seething, whispering, laughing at those lost Gods.

Walking over the ruins of metal and scrap, reading contempt and hatred on their lips,
a noise fills my brain unrelentlessly with a tap and a ting.

Walking through the gardens with a soft touch seeing the colors of love and forgiveness,
a lost violin floating among understanding and expression.

The sky, a swirl of black on black draining the life of planets,
as the light passes over my blind eyes the world stretches before me to the ends of time.
Deus751 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2004, 12:18 AM   #13
RevEf
Descendant of the lings

Meh, why would a gay couple introduce any more bias to their child? Bias towards being gay you mean? I can't imagine the sexuality bias being anything NEAR what it has been in many straight families for a godzillion generations.
RevEf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2004, 12:33 AM   #14
Deus751
monkey

poor

okay well thats like say minorites arn'r racist. and besides they don't have to teach their kids that stuff to make an impact. who do most kids look up to and strive to be? their partents. and one more example would be an abusive house hold. ud think kids who were abused wouldn't do that to their kids or spouses but more times that not its quite the oposite.

Looking like a fallen God buried deep in the sand,
The music in strings sadness and love.

Looking at the sky of darkness, as a face of black looks with disregard,
stareing, seething, whispering, laughing at those lost Gods.

Walking over the ruins of metal and scrap, reading contempt and hatred on their lips,
a noise fills my brain unrelentlessly with a tap and a ting.

Walking through the gardens with a soft touch seeing the colors of love and forgiveness,
a lost violin floating among understanding and expression.

The sky, a swirl of black on black draining the life of planets,
as the light passes over my blind eyes the world stretches before me to the ends of time.
Deus751 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2004, 01:17 AM   #15
RevEf
Descendant of the lings

My point isn't that living in a gay household wouldn't affect a child's growth, just that it would not have a greater effect than living in a straight household.
RevEf is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: