ZEFRANK.COM - message board  

Go Back   ZEFRANK.COM - message board > DEBATE HALL
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 10 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 10-24-2003, 05:19 PM   #16
TinaBina
Mooooooooo

and another amen to those to previous posts about Poland and Catbelly's.

Just this morning on some news show they interviewed women who were foregoing their career track to CEO and Harvard educations to pursue motherhood. They said this is a growing trend, that women who fought the battle to break the corporate glass ceiling in the 80s are deciding to give it up for their families, and that the generation after them aren't even going that far - that they are just deciding right off the bat to be a mother and not pursue a career with that Harvard MBA of theirs.

One woman said she went to Harvard Business and then met her husband... blah blah...

I think it is great if a couple makes enough money for one person to stay home, but that is such a luxury now.

Is this so called "trend" really true? Or is George Bush behind this news station?

Me, I am trying to do BOTH. Have a baby and a career. Of course, the baby comes first, but I also love my job. And need the money.
TinaBina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2003, 07:12 PM   #17
Red Princess
thread soiler

i am in favor of reproductive freedom. i believe that doctor/patient confidentiality should be not be broken by anyone including the government or any of its agencies.
Old 10-24-2003, 07:23 PM   #18
slurpeedemon
who's there, please?

pro-choice

My mother almost bled to death from haemorraging caused by poorly executed illegal abortion, years before I was born. Having me was a huge risk, and as grateful as I am to be alive, my life having been what it's been, I think maybe she may have chosen to wait a little longer ... and maybe both our lives would have been better. Don't really know... but I'd rather no one else suffered the way my mom did.
slurpeedemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2003, 07:55 PM   #19
zenbabe
Lollypop!

I tried to get a hysterectomy once, just because I never wanted to even have to deal with the issue of abortion.

Do you know it is impossible to find a doctor that will take an 18 year old girls uterus out!

oooh..I smell a new thread.....

-Dr. Seuss
zenbabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2003, 03:34 AM   #20
azur
over the rainbow!

zenbaby!

Tina and Catbelly:
here it started the same way - with little moves so no on expected how it will all end. 10 years ago everyone was laughing and jocking about "those stupid obscurantists". They seemed to be just few politicians and some old red-necks.
Parties from the right were obviously related to Church, who - before - was helping them to fight communism. But post-communistic parties needed the "blessing" of the Church too. They wanted to have voters (still scared a little bit of the return of communism) on their side. And so - step by step - the Church was increaseing its power. While voting people were looking more for economical than ideological issues.
Now some politicians and a lady who has a positions of "Minister of Equality Questions" started to talk how to change this "anti-abortion" law, but I know they won't have majority in parliament.
It arrives to paradoxes. On the lead of "Medicine Doctors Society" is a very very pious guy. And this year they started to say how wrong is to kill "unborn life" during the artificial fertilization. Because there are made few embryos and only one is choosen to be put into uterus! Clinics started to replay that they don't throw away those embryos - they put them into cryo state,waiting, in case the couple wants another child in the future. But I think it will be another "campaign" of the Church
Ah, did I mentioned they say that the doctor can refuse to subscribe you the pill "because of his personal beliefs"? Now imagine being a woman or a doctor in a small town where one of the most important citizens is the rector!
So girls and boys, fight while you can because if not, we will end like the fifties happy housewifes!
http://www.orangek8.com/forties/drugs/images/pan.jpg

Last edited by azur : 10-25-2003 at 03:40 AM.
azur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2003, 11:18 PM   #21
Klynne
monkey

Quote:
Originally posted by zenbabe
I tried to get a hysterectomy once, just because I never wanted to even have to deal with the issue of abortion.

Do you know it is impossible to find a doctor that will take an 18 year old girls uterus out!

oooh..I smell a new thread.....
I tried to get my tubes tied when I was 30. Since, I was not married (though had been in a relationship for several years), and had no children, my doctor refused to refer me to anyone!
Klynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2003, 05:59 PM   #22
azur
over the rainbow!

I think it's illegal in most european countries as - where and when it was allowed - it was widely abused.
Old 11-03-2003, 08:05 PM   #23
Frieda
in limbo

abortion is legal here!

and we have also this: women on waves, an organization that performs abortions on a boat.

lots of interesting links there too!

oh yeah
Frieda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2003, 03:47 AM   #24
azur
over the rainbow!

I was talking about hysterectomy. I think in most european countries it's illegal, how about Holland?

P.S. "Women on waves" visited Poland this year and I really appreciate what they do.
Old 11-04-2003, 07:59 PM   #25
Frieda
in limbo

Quote:
Originally posted by azur
I was talking about hysterectomy. I think in most european countries it's illegal, how about Holland?

P.S. "Women on waves" visited Poland this year and I really appreciate what they do.
hysterectomy! oh sorry, i thought abortion..

itīs legal, but i guess one would have a hard time convincing a doctor to do it..

oh yeah
Old 11-08-2003, 10:51 PM   #26
lemon
monkey

Pro-choice, I suppose. I really hate it. If they knew the baby was going to struggle to stay alive when born, then fine, okay. Any other reason is selfish, I think.

I was looking at photos of aborted children the other day. So sad.
lemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2003, 08:28 AM   #27
Frieda
in limbo

life is selfish, lemon! even altruism is selfish!

oh yeah
Old 11-12-2003, 06:36 PM   #28
priceyfatprude
girthy pickles

Quote:
Originally posted by lemon
I was looking at photos of aborted children the other day. So sad.
WHY?!?!? WHY?!?!?!?! WHY WOULD YOU DO THIS????? Are you one of those dickheads outside the clinic w/he signs & pictures of dead babies & shit?

Pro Choice all the way.

I used to answer phones for a living, one of our clients was the abortion clinic.

Since the Pro-Lifers have no problem telling innocent phone operators who are not even in the same county as the clinic that they are going to hell for working in an abortion clinic, I have no problem telling any Pro-Lifers who are going to waste their time protesting: Please go adopt one of these unwanted children you are working so hard to save. Please? If the real reason you're doing all this is b/c you care so much about children, go adopt some. And stop calling abortion clinics @ 3AM. With the advent of Caller ID, it's really not a smart idea, Sparky.

Do a Google search on Gerri Santoro. Be prepared for graphic pictures. She is the reason we have to keep abortion legal.

Also, do all you can to prevent pregnancy. There is the Pill, the patch, the Ring, VCF, condoms, the sponge is back, etc. Then there is the Morning After Pill, something I'm never going to be caught w/o ever again!!!
priceyfatprude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2003, 09:17 PM   #29
zenbabe
Lollypop!

ug..I never want to take the morning after pill ever again!

I just think the anti-abortion point of view is unrealistic and a little crazy. Abortion is horrible no matter how it's sliced. Anti-abortionists portray abortion as some sort of convenient form of birth control for "immoral and loose" women. Anyone who has had to have an abortion would likely argue otherwise. And they always say: We need want your baby! Give it up for adoption! Yeah right. HEALTHY WHITE BABIES. There are plenty of darker shades, in varying states of health, who have little to no chance of being adopted. Granted, it doesn't help the baby's prospects when they're left in a dumpster.

-Dr. Seuss

Last edited by zenbabe : 11-12-2003 at 09:45 PM.
zenbabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2003, 12:07 AM   #30
priceyfatprude
girthy pickles

That's what I'm talking about!

*high fives Zen*

Although I did get a caller like this one night, no farking lie:

PATIENT NAME: Jane
PHONE NUMBER: xxx-xxxx
LAST SEEN AT CLINIC: 4 weeks ago
PROBLEM: Wants to know when can she have sex again
priceyfatprude is offline   Reply With Quote