ZEFRANK.COM - message board  

Go Back   ZEFRANK.COM - message board > FICTION PROJECT
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 190 votes, 4.96 average. Display Modes
Old 06-15-2009, 12:15 PM   #3676
Marcus Bales

Location: In a coign of the cliff between lowland and highland, at the sea-down's edge between windward and lee, walled round with rocks as an inland island, the ghost of a garden fronts the sea.
cabotage - the remains of any small animals struck by a hurled cabo.

Angus swung his massive upper body around over the de rigeur choppy footwork of an expert caboteur, and hurled the enormous cabo up and away, ending in the classic arms-raised pose, while his citified girlfriend whined that she hoped there would be no cabotage.
Old 06-17-2009, 10:24 AM   #3677
Hyakujo's Fox
left hanging

Location: between the click of the light and the start of the dream
cabotage (n) the practice of smuggling vegetables.

Even though Marcus Bales had been picked up many times loitering near the docks with his pockets full of Brussels Sprouts, the only thing they could ever pin on him was Petty Cabotage.
Hyakujo's Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 01:03 PM   #3678
Coffee
Cheeses Save

Hurry up folks...judging will be in somewheres around just 7 - 8 weeks.
Coffee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 08:17 PM   #3679
MoJoRiSin
unbelievable

Cabatoge v. Slange term coined my descendants of tHenry Cabbott Lodge for the economy silk screened commemorative reunion T shirts during a bleak economy.
Old 06-22-2009, 04:12 PM   #3680
YsaPur EsChomuw
oi

cabotage - a preference for northerly latitudes.

Ysobelís move to Hammerfest was a brave act of cabotage, especially since her Norwegian was extremely limited.
YsaPur EsChomuw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 06:00 PM   #3681
Marcus Bales

Location: In a coign of the cliff between lowland and highland, at the sea-down's edge between windward and lee, walled round with rocks as an inland island, the ghost of a garden fronts the sea.
cabotage - used, dried stage blood.

After the midnight showing of "Evil Dead - The Musical" the Beck Center's stage was covered in cabotage.
Old 06-22-2009, 07:31 PM   #3682
Coffee
Cheeses Save

Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition...

..or a surprise Dictionary Game Judging.

Trisherina wins the Culinary Criminal Academy Award and a pair of matching handcuffs and gilt garlic press for her entry:

cabotage: Produce theft perpetrated upon the very wealthy.

Jake surmised that the Pilsburys' head cook never even noticed his acts of cabotage on their kitchen garden -- he helped himself three times a week, and they never troubled themselves to install so much as a scarecrow.
------------------------------------------------------------------------

treekisser is awarded the Prescient (for reasons that may become apparant) Elitist Prognostication Award and the privilege of not judging the next round for his entry:

cabotage n. a special disposition or privilege accorded only to select members of a group.

I shall be taking a cabotage on this round of the Dictionary Game, proclaimed the the Marquis de Bales.

Hyakujo's Fox is recognized for his timely melding of a news item and dictionary thread entry and is granted a coveted Get out of Judging Free Pass on this round for his entry:
cabotage (n) the practice of smuggling vegetables.

Even though Marcus Bales had been picked up many times loitering near the docks with his pockets full of Brussels Sprouts, the only thing they could ever pin on him was Petty Cabotage.

MoJoRiSin wins a Cabbage Kids t-shirt,an honorable mention as well as the coveted Pass for the next round of judging for her entry:

Cabatoge v. Slange term coined my descendants of tHenry Cabbott Lodge for the economy silk screened commemorative reunion T shirts during a bleak economy.

And finally, our finalists.
As many of you are well aware (and tend to capitalize upon the fact), I tend to disqualify people for multiple entries in this game as it seems to me that a "definition" should try to at least pretend to be the "THE definition" and multiple competing definitions waters down one's credibility. However, in this round I could not disqualify the perpetrator of my judging this round because her initial definition was just soooooo spot on:

cabotage - to steal a taxi in front of one's very nose.

which frankly blew away her second entry;

cabotage - a preference for northerly latitudes.

Ysobelís move to Hammerfest was a brave act of cabotage, especially since her Norwegian was extremely limited

Honestly I wanted to give her the round for that first definition as well as for sticking me with this round of judging, but...a conflict arose. In order to NOT disqualify Ysa, I had to allow the usual mutli-posting B'tard's entries leading me to rationalize the conclusion that A. If winning the round is in fact a form of punishment as well as an award, then B. the Most Multi Posting Offender would in fact have to win the round.

Congratulations Marcus Bales (scroll up to review his lackluster but copious entries above that I declined to repost as that would only add to the offense ) who won by applying the Quantity over Quality standard.

Your word Marcus.

And the actual definition of Cabotage (nautical themed of course):
Shipping and sailing between points in the same country

Last edited by Coffee : 06-22-2009 at 10:56 PM.
Old 06-22-2009, 10:43 PM   #3683
Marcus Bales

The New Word is:

Chiral

Last edited by Marcus Bales : 06-22-2009 at 10:46 PM.
Marcus Bales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 12:22 PM   #3684
treekisser
It isn't easy being green

chiral adj. Possessed with the irrational fear of death by choking on a fish bone.

Ever since he found a bone in his filet-o-fish sandwich while a young seaman's apprentice , Captain Coffee always becomes intensely chiral when dining alone.
treekisser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 05:06 PM   #3685
YsaPur EsChomuw
oi

chiral Ė adj. involving hands coming into contact and feeling, fondling or caressing with a varying degree of intensity another personís body.

Ysobel, after accidentally stumbling upon her latest chiral lover, decided to cancel all appointments with her osteopath for a month.
YsaPur EsChomuw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 08:48 PM   #3686
Coffee
Cheeses Save

chiral

The area near the front door of a house of prostitution where the ladies gather when a customer walks in.

"Can I interest you in a bubble bath as well sir?" said the red feathered lady hopefully, after a disheveled Rancher Bales picked her from the chiral. "And lets just make you more comfortable and leave that muddy ranch coat and your boots outside the door as well sir" said Madame Ysobel supportively.
Old 06-25-2009, 12:49 AM   #3687
xfox
slightly effective

chiral pleasing all the people all the time.

Sarah paid her doctor after receiving her medical insurance money, saving the insurance company the trouble of coding the procedure, approving of and sending the notice, etc. and she chiralled in her singular fiduciary responsibility and direct relationship with her doctor.
xfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 11:16 AM   #3688
Marcus Bales

Is that it for chiral?
Old 06-26-2009, 07:32 PM   #3689
MoJoRiSin
unbelievable

^ yes marcus, as sorry as it might seem, that is it for chiral

i am afraid
Old 06-30-2009, 01:01 PM   #3690
treekisser
It isn't easy being green

Stick a fork in it, Marcus.
treekisser is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread