ZEFRANK.COM - message board  

Go Back   ZEFRANK.COM - message board > DAY 60
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-04-2003, 01:47 PM   #1
Harriet

Open Sketch Group

I've recently started an artists open sketch studio.

It's a little different from other open sketch groups in a few ways. Rather than a bare studio, the artists are seated in comfortable, vintage chairs and seating, making it more like a living room with a "salon" atmosphere. The model is posed classically with backdrops and props, also on vintage furniture. And the *best* difference is that after every drawing session there is a reception with wine and cheese (and other yummy things) for all the participants.

It is a way for people to draw, relax, and meet other artists.

All levels are welcome.

It meets every Sunday from 2-5 pm and every Thursday from 6:30-9:30 pm. It is three hours of drawing followed by the wine hour. The all-inclusive cost is $20 per session. Five session cards are available for $75.

It only started in June, but people who have attended, including the models, have said wonderful things about it. And, by the way, the models have been superb.

The address is 195 Chrystie Street, which is on the lower east side. F train to Second Ave, J or M to Bowery. I usually ask people to email me so that I get a general head count for the sessions. (I have to plan the food!)

Last edited by Harriet : 08-04-2003 at 02:02 PM.
Harriet is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: