ZEFRANK.COM - message board  

Go Back   ZEFRANK.COM - message board > FAST CHAT
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 2.60 average. Display Modes
Old 09-06-2006, 11:05 PM   #286
lapietra
half baked

Here's a weird one... Lately, I keep having dreams where I'm not me - not just that I'm not the subject, but I'm someone else.
Last night I dreamed I was a young man in love with a Latina. Her father hated me. I was in her bedroom - we weren't doing anything sexual, just having fun, goofing around. Something goes wrong - I do something clumsy, which kills her. The next thing I know, I'm dumping her body in a huge trash can - then I go back to her room and I'm looking around her room, trying to find things to put in a backpack to take with me, because of course I have to run and hide - and I'm finding things (can't remember what they were) and putting them in. It does occur to me that maybe it's not a very loving thing to do to dump her body in a trash can, but it's not that I don't love her (at least this is what I tell myself). Then her mother, who likes me a lot, comes home - she doesn't seem surprised to see me there, even though if the girl's father came home and saw me there, he'd fly into a rage. She asks where the girl is (she says her name but I don't know what that name was) and I say, oh, she went out to find her father to give him something. Then I go back up to her bedroom in a cold sweat, trying to figure out how I'm going to get out of there with the backpack.

I finally woke up - feeling like, oh, thank GOD it's not really happening - forget the horror of the girl's parents finding her body in a trash can - but what the hell??? I would *never* do that - I'd be calling 911... well, except that when you're a teenager, you might do irresponsible things to avoid being caught...
Anyway. Not sure why I'm having dreams where I'm someone else, especially a someone who behaves very differently than I would... Maybe I'm showing myself movies?
Old 09-06-2006, 11:40 PM   #287
auntie aubrey
excursions

two nights ago i dreamed i was assigned the job of writing an episode of VH1's "behind the music" about the band "they might be giants." only i don't know anything about they might be giants, aside from the fact that they had an album called flood. and i think they might have done the theme song to "malcom in the middle." so the dream was basically me just making up complete and total fiction and trying to convincingly play it off as a biopic of a band i've never listened to. i was pretty sure the final product would get me fired but i woke up before the episode aired.
Old 09-07-2006, 01:52 AM   #288
Frieda
in limbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by lapietra
Here's a weird one... Lately, I keep having dreams where I'm not me - not just that I'm not the subject, but I'm someone else.
Last night I dreamed I was a young man in love with a Latina. Her father hated me. I was in her bedroom - we weren't doing anything sexual, just having fun, goofing around. Something goes wrong - I do something clumsy, which kills her. The next thing I know, I'm dumping her body in a huge trash can - then I go back to her room and I'm looking around her room, trying to find things to put in a backpack to take with me, because of course I have to run and hide - and I'm finding things (can't remember what they were) and putting them in. It does occur to me that maybe it's not a very loving thing to do to dump her body in a trash can, but it's not that I don't love her (at least this is what I tell myself). Then her mother, who likes me a lot, comes home - she doesn't seem surprised to see me there, even though if the girl's father came home and saw me there, he'd fly into a rage. She asks where the girl is (she says her name but I don't know what that name was) and I say, oh, she went out to find her father to give him something. Then I go back up to her bedroom in a cold sweat, trying to figure out how I'm going to get out of there with the backpack.

I finally woke up - feeling like, oh, thank GOD it's not really happening - forget the horror of the girl's parents finding her body in a trash can - but what the hell??? I would *never* do that - I'd be calling 911... well, except that when you're a teenager, you might do irresponsible things to avoid being caught...
Anyway. Not sure why I'm having dreams where I'm someone else, especially a someone who behaves very differently than I would... Maybe I'm showing myself movies?
its all about ANGST

and that's still YOUR angst. when people you don't know appear in your dreams, the brain places the fear outside yourself to get an easier grip on it all (movie-style, less intrusive emotions).

oh yeah
Frieda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 01:49 PM   #289
lapietra
half baked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frieda
its all about ANGST

and that's still YOUR angst. when people you don't know appear in your dreams, the brain places the fear outside yourself to get an easier grip on it all (movie-style, less intrusive emotions).
I was wondering if the people in my dream represented parts of my personality or psyche... It was so vivid & memorable - I'm going to be thinking about it awhile!
I guess I am worried about some things (who isn't? ) but the thing that was puzzling was that I kept being "not myself" in these dreams... I'm always somebody else, living someone else's life, doing things I wouldn't and/or wouldn't want to do. Strange. (I'm pretty happy with my life right now, so that's a little weird!)
Old 09-07-2006, 06:09 PM   #290
Frieda
in limbo

dreams are strange. we send people to the moon, but keep being puzzled by our dreams. how do they happen, what do they mean, etc

oh yeah
Frieda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 07:29 PM   #291
lapietra
half baked

Yeah - eventually I'll get around to being interested in something other than what goes on in my own head...

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: