ZEFRANK.COM - message board  

Go Back   ZEFRANK.COM - message board > FAST CHAT
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-18-2003, 01:42 PM   #1
agentsmith
rap geisha

the matrix reloaded

i saw it last night and i am disappointed beyond words.

The fighting was awesome and the humor was great and i loved the french people...but the rest was pure shit and i hat the wachowski brothers with a passion you can only dream of.

Ah, well. smith was abundant, to say the least. it was worth seeing i guess, for the funny bits and the special effects but the plot was absolutely fvcked.
Old 05-18-2003, 07:12 PM   #2
imdrsmooth

A couple of my friends hated the movie. One said Reloaded sold out to the studio. I thought it was okay. Didn't live up to what I was expecting though.
Old 05-18-2003, 09:52 PM   #3
agentsmith
rap geisha

ah. i would have hated it if it werent for the french people and the fight scenes.
Old 05-18-2003, 11:18 PM   #4
ambo
feline, naturally

loved the fights and the freeway chase
plot was way too complicated
i will have to see it a few more times before i understand it
i never expected it to live up to the first movie

liking agent smith more and more !
Old 05-19-2003, 03:59 AM   #5
Frieda
in limbo

i thought the plot was a bit too simple and predictable, especially the part with the dude with the french accent. i do love the way agent smith is developing in the story, but i hated the ending of the movie. it's more a preparation on part 3, which disappointed me. and they shouldn't have picked 2 chinese guys (the keymaker and that dude that was with the oracle).

anyway, the stunts were great, loved the highway chase and the fight with all the agent smiths. loved the humor too. and loved the hot sex scene with neo and trinity. wow.

oh yeah
Frieda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2003, 07:37 AM   #6
chuckie egg
a peach

Comes out in the uk this week.....
chuckie egg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2003, 08:34 AM   #7
Frieda
in limbo

well, well, well, sorry about the spoilers. go and see it anyway.

i wonder why that french speaking dude is called Merovingian. the Merovingians were a french/german family of kings. legend says they've found and hidden the holy grail, which is now somewhere in paris, where still members of the blood line of the merovingians live. rennes-le-chateau and it's function on the pentagram with the surrounding villages is a legendary village/castle in this legend too.

or would he just be called merovingian because that sounds french? am i going too far in my philosophy?

edited to add: oh, and maybe someone could put a spoiler warning in the thread title.. agent smith? ze?

oh yeah
Old 05-19-2003, 08:38 AM   #8
chuckie egg
a peach

Thats ok... I sort of knew what happens anyway

We watched the first Matrix again at weekend as a build-up! hehe

I want a leather jacket!
chuckie egg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2003, 08:45 AM   #9
Frieda
in limbo

a coworker of mine has a long leather jacket. the guy is about 210 centimeters tall, so he makes quite an impression when wearing that jacket!

oh yeah
Old 05-19-2003, 11:43 AM   #10
ambo
feline, naturally

yeah, i loved neo's look in this one
the character has really transformed into something cartoonish, which i think works
trinity looked way older

i had a deep need to see the original when i got home - may just pop in the dvd tonight...

and i just figured out this morning that neo is an anagram for one - shit i am SLOW !!!!
Old 05-19-2003, 12:24 PM   #11
imdrsmooth

There shouldn't have been a sex scene, especially one that long.
Old 05-19-2003, 12:32 PM   #12
Miss Malevolent
Bitch³

I thought the movie was good...but not great.

I mean what did they say, "virtual cinema" was the new thing. "You won't be able to tell what's real from the fake." Yeah right...the agent jumping on the car was fake, the 'Burly Brawl' sequence was fake as hell, I mean it was just jarringingly (if that's a word) fake. It was kinda pissing me off.

Let's take on the action sequences. I just came away with that with a, *shrug* Eh...I mean there were very few moments that made me go, "Whoa", like the first one, hell...even X-2 had more, "Whoa" moments. (May God forgive me for comparing Reloaded to X-Men 2, but it had to be done)

And the philosophy of The Matrix...was replaced by doublespeak. "I know that you know that I know that you knew that I knew that you knew that the now is no more." I mean what the ****? This movie PALES in comparison to the first one in the depth of how we allow our senses to rule ourselves and how belief in oneself can overcome the, "reality", that we're living in. Where was that in this movie?

What about the introduction of werewolves, ghosts, tooth fairy et al, by the Oracle? What the **** was that for? I mean straight up, could've just said, there were aberrant programs that refused to go away. That would've been sufficent enough of the French **** and his gal AND the twins.

It's like a whole load of shit was just spouted by the characters, and went nowhere.

Kung Fu? Good. Action? Good. Philosophy? Almost non-existent. I wanted to love this movie. I loved the first one so much. Now as I think back on what I saw, I'm getting pissed that I waited four years for that.
Miss Malevolent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2003, 12:36 PM   #13
imdrsmooth

I'd like to see everything the studio wanted in the movie as opposed to the original script.
Old 05-19-2003, 12:42 PM   #14
RuneT
baaaaah?

This is funny!

RuneT, respect!!
RuneT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2003, 01:26 PM   #15
malina
leaving

lol rune

dammit i wanted to see the matrix R and no one i know liked it so far... is it worth watching it just for the special fx?
malina is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: