ZEFRANK.COM - message board  

Go Back   ZEFRANK.COM - message board > DEBATE HALL
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 11 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 01-26-2004, 04:50 PM   #1
zenbabe
Lollypop!

Polygamy

Ok, can anyone figure out how she is his cousin and aunt?

Polygamist pleads guilty to incest for taking cousin, 15, as wife
Jan. 26, 2004 10:50 AM
SALT LAKE CITY - A member of Utah's polygamous Kingston clan was sentenced Monday to a year behind bars for taking as his wife a 15-year-old cousin, who was also his aunt.

Jeremy Ortell Kingston pleaded guilty to incest in an arrangement with prosecutors. The felony charge will be reduced to a misdemeanor if Kingston successfully completes three years' probation.

Kingston was 24 when he took LuAnn Kingston as his fourth wife in 1995. Family members say he has at least 17 children.

At a hearing in October, Kingston told the judge: "I had a relationship, a sexual relationship, with LuAnn for about four years. That relationship ended about four years ago."

After Monday's sentencing, Luann Kingston told reporters: "I was glad that they saw through all of his save-face comments."

LuAnn Kingston left her marriage in 2000, taking with her their two daughters. She said she went to police hoping to set an example for other polygamous wives.

The Kingston clan, also known as the Latter Day Church of Christ, includes an estimated 1,200 members. The secretive group has amassed a $150 million business empire, running Utah companies that include pawn shops, restaurant supply stores and dairies.

The clan is not part of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, which practiced polygamy widely until the 1890s, when church leaders renounced it as a condition for Utah statehood. Polygamists are now excommunicated from the Mormon church.

Last year, Jeremy Kingston's uncle, David Ortell Kingston, was released from prison after serving four years for committing incest with a 16-year-old niece.

-Dr. Seuss
zenbabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2004, 03:35 AM   #2
priceyfatprude
girthy pickles

Question

Utah = the new South?

priceyfatprude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2004, 05:41 AM   #3
jaymirror
anartist

To be honest these seem to me examples of children and women abuse rather than polygamy.
jaymirror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2004, 10:24 AM   #4
chuckie egg
a peach

Re: Polygamy

Quote:
Originally posted by zenbabe
Ok, can anyone figure out how she is his cousin and aunt
need to write this before I lose it....

if the said 15 yr old girl is the offspring of one of her parents and one of her grandparents - therefore being a cousin and an aunt.

Did that make sense?

Last edited by chuckie egg : 01-27-2004 at 10:26 AM.
chuckie egg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2004, 03:27 PM   #5
RevEf
Descendant of the lings

I have no clue. I live in Kentucky and someone once told me that they are their own grandfather. As far as I can tell they were lying or have a time machine.
RevEf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2004, 05:06 PM   #6
masterofNone
________

Re: Re: Polygamy

Quote:
Originally posted by chuckie egg
if the said 15 yr old girl is the offspring of one of her parents and one of her grandparents - therefore being a cousin and an aunt.

Did that make sense?
i think that would make her either a sister or an aunt. i think she'd have to have been the product of his aunt or uncle and one of his grandparents.
masterofNone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2004, 06:09 PM   #7
ally
cunning stunt

nah, it's easy, ok take the father of the luanne, he has a sister who has a child, therefor a cousin, in this case the one who got imprisoned, right, so he has a sister, who ends up marrying luannes father, making the bad guy her uncle aswell... that works doesnt it?
Anyway, i though you couldmarry your cousin if you wanted, just not your aunts & uncles, parents, grandparents ...
ally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2004, 02:40 AM   #8
Audreyvgs
Blue's Clues

You're going to have to download Spike Jones' song called "I'm my own Grandpa" He explains it pretty well, altho I had to listen to it twice, after I'd had coffee.
Audreyvgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2004, 03:48 AM   #9
Willow Sylph
monkey

I think the real mystery is, how do Utah's practicing polygamist's manage to produce some of the scrodiest men ever to walk the planet?
Knight 1: We are now the Knights who say.... "Ekki-Ekki-Ekki-Ekki-PTANG! Zoom-Boing! Z'nourrwringmm!"
Willow Sylph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2004, 04:58 AM   #10
zenbabe
Lollypop!

Incest?

-Dr. Seuss
zenbabe is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: