ZEFRANK.COM - message board  

Go Back   ZEFRANK.COM - message board > FAST CHAT
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 12 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 04-20-2004, 12:31 AM   #91
Flashfire
monkey

I had a scar removed (sounds weird I know), anyway, after surgery the Dr. told me to use Palmer's Cocoa Butter (the thick stuff in the little tub) on place where I had surgery. She said it works wonders. It did! I have no scar.

I use it now everywhere. The Dr said it is very good for anywhere that gets very dry or that has scar tissue. That would be my cheap "miracle" product.

I don't where make-up everyday, I probably should. When I do it is mostly a little eye shadow. When I do where make-up I always do my lips, I have natural pouty lips & that's good now.

I LOVE shoes!!!!!!! I just bought 2 pairs of summer sandles, bright pink ones & yellow ones. I did hear that Foley's was having a sale, I don't know how good. But I love DSW Shoes (or is it DWS? )
Flashfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2004, 12:41 AM   #92
Aphrodite
Myth Demeanour

Beauty secrets from me....I think that may qualify as some sort of oximoron.

oil of olay to moisturize in the dry winter heat.

eye liner some days

mascara some days

I am an outdoors person. Makeup might look great as you set off, but by noon water, mud, wind, or something will muck it up. I'd rather look glamour-less then smudged.

If I am going out somewhere nice, I will have oil of olay, eyeliner, mascara, maybe blush, and about twice a year I use lipstick.

Brands don't mean anything to someone like me. I wouldn't know one from the other. Once I bought stuff and let the lady at the drug store pick out my colours. She was so excited. It was funny.
Old 04-20-2004, 12:47 AM   #93
sparticle
Conspiracy Theorist

Quote:
Originally posted by Flashfire
I had a scar removed (sounds weird I know), anyway, after surgery the Dr. told me to use Palmer's Cocoa Butter (the thick stuff in the little tub) on place where I had surgery. She said it works wonders. It did! I have no scar.

I use it now everywhere. The Dr said it is very good for anywhere that gets very dry or that has scar tissue. That would be my cheap "miracle" product.

Cocoa butter is an absolutely wonderful product, especially for scars, stretch marks, etc. Another thing that helps is Vitamin E capsules (the kind you take, the gelatine capsules with Vitamin E oil in them). You open the capsules and use the contents like you would skin cream -- really helps scars to go away.

There's nothing weird about having a scar removed. If it bothers you, and if you feel better about yourself without it (and of course if it isn't beyond your budget or dangerous), have it done! Good for you!
sparticle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2004, 12:48 AM   #94
madasacutsnake
no more nice girl

Kool.

Nutrimetics make-up and skin care. Especially the AHA (that's fruit acid) night cream. It gives you a lovely polished look by burning away fine lines and dead skin while you sleep. Peroxide would work the same but this smells better.

I make my own scrub. Almond meal, honey, geranium, calendula and lavender essential oils, evening primrose oil (you can cut the capsules up for this one), apple vinegar cider. Put it in the blender and use - my husband loves it too and it is CHEAP.

Birmane by Van Cleef and Arpel. It's not made anymore but you can get it on ebay etc. Or Calvin Klein Eternity. Poxy, I know, but it's nice.

Imelda on shoes and bags - buy, buy, buy.

Vintage clothes for evening wear only. Don't wear them during the day girls - whatever look you are aiming for you miss.

Lots and lots of vintage jewelry, real and costume. This - you can wear during the day. Quality not quantity - one good ring on each hand is enough, thanks.

I live in black jeans.

Henna hair dye and a woman who can wax a brow to perfection are high on my list. If you don't wax your brows, don't wear eyeshadow. Here's a hint - eyeshadow won't cover what is essentially a pubic hair on your face.

White bathers make your tan look good. Don't get them wet.

Indian red nail polish on my toes, summer or winter.
madasacutsnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2004, 12:48 AM   #95
sparticle
Conspiracy Theorist

Quote:
Originally posted by Aphrodite
Beauty secrets from me....I think that may qualify as some sort of oximoron.

Indeed -- you're a beauty and it's no secret!
Old 04-20-2004, 12:59 AM   #96
Aphrodite
Myth Demeanour

Sparticle

You are very kind.
Old 04-20-2004, 01:04 AM   #97
sparticle
Conspiracy Theorist

Shhhh! You'll ruin my rep.
Old 04-20-2004, 01:16 AM   #98
nycwriters
Stuck in T.O.

I never had a zit until I hit 28. Now my skin is so freakin' sensitive I can't moisturize without it breaking out here and there. I tried oil of olay once... once. Oy, the nightmare results for me ... but that's just me, my skin is wonky.

Anyone know a good moisturizer for adult acne prone skin? It's a veritable catch-22 -- moisturize and get a few zits, or don't moisturize and start to see a few lines!

I will say that this:

is the best freakin' stuff for around the eyes. I can't believe the results sometimes.

And this:

works amazing on scars.
nycwriters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2004, 01:35 AM   #99
sparticle
Conspiracy Theorist

Quote:
Originally posted by nycwriters
Anyone know a good moisturizer for adult acne prone skin? It's a veritable catch-22 -- moisturize and get a few zits, or don't moisturize and start to see a few lines!

I hate to sound like the Avon Lady (did you hear about Pavlov's dog? He ate the Avon Lady. LOL), but Anew Retroactive+ Repair Cream is light, nongreasy, smells clean and won't make your skin break out. It's my second favorite after Advanced All In One, which is also not a bad moisturizer for combination skin. I have combination skin -- very oily in the T-zone and parched elsewhere, and prone to clogged pores in the oily areas -- and I've never had a problem with either product. I'd particularly recommend Retroactive+ for warmer weather and for folks who spend more time indoors than out.
Old 04-20-2004, 01:47 AM   #100
priceyfatprude
girthy pickles

Red face

Origins A Perfect World

http://www.origins.com/templates/pro...UCT_ID=PROD122

But you knew that.

Last edited by priceyfatprude : 04-20-2004 at 03:59 AM.
priceyfatprude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2004, 02:31 AM   #101
Flashfire
monkey

Thanks for the encouragement Sparticle, it was a large yucky scar that is now (I can see it, I know where to look) a very, very faint white line. You don't see it at all unless you know what you're looking for.

I have a question for everyone. I am outside alot, especially in the summer, I have light blond hair & fair skin, I do get tan but not real dark, what would be a good skin mosturizer for the summer months? Oh, between the lake & the pool I am in water a lot over the summer. I know to use sun screen (believe me it's on every inch of my body), but I end up going back & forth between haveing really dry skin & really oily skin. I know I should be able to find something that should work but haven't as of yet.
Flashfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2004, 03:58 AM   #102
priceyfatprude
girthy pickles

Origins Balanced Diet

http://www.origins.com/templates/pro...UCT_ID=PROD102
priceyfatprude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2004, 03:21 PM   #103
Spicy Jack
Brains! Brains!

A. Don't tan. The fake stuff is good enough now that you don't have to munch up your skin.

B. If you only wear three things on your face they should be 1. mascara 2. lip gloss 3. bronzing blush ...and in that order

C. One good fake hair peice is a blessing when you wake up late for work.

D. Does your self-esteem need a quick fix.....put on a push up bra from Victoria Secreats. Damn you look good!

E. Get it waxed.
Spicy Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2004, 04:10 PM   #104
lapietra
half baked

My biggest concerns are addressed this way:

1) Moisturize *everything*.

2) Make sure nothing smells bad.

3) Make sure nothing snags on anything.

4) Try to make sure all colors match.

5) If it makes me itch, it should probably be thrown out.

6) Pluck or shave anything that makes me resemble anything simian or bear-like.

BTW - this is my 5,000th post. Woo.
Old 04-20-2004, 05:25 PM   #105
Frieda
in limbo

where the hell do i get that scar stuff here in europe??

oh yeah
Frieda is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: