Originally posted by priceyfatprude
Origins Balanced Diet

http://www.origins.com/templates/pro...UCT_ID=PROD102
Cool! Thanks.
Flashfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2004, 04:47 AM   #122
zenbabe
Lollypop!

I have bandaids on my nipples, this dry heat is fcking killing me!

-Dr. Seuss
zenbabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2004, 05:00 AM   #123
priceyfatprude
girthy pickles

Aloe gel.

Store it in the fridge,
priceyfatprude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2004, 05:30 AM   #124
zenbabe
Lollypop!

-Dr. Seuss
Old 05-16-2004, 05:33 AM   #125
zenbabe
Lollypop!

-Dr. Seuss
Old 05-16-2004, 08:10 AM   #126
madasacutsnake
no more nice girl

Old 05-16-2004, 10:14 PM   #127
trisherina
meretricious dilettante

Has anyone ever tried La Mer skin cream? There was a thread on the Straight Dope like this one once, and several people swore by it. I haven't been able to find it at a price I could manage for a never-tried, even on eBay.

For people who ever need concealer of any sort, I highly recommend Yves St. Laurent Touche Eclat. Heather Mallick from the Globe and Mail wrote a column that absolutely compelled me to buy it, and I am ever grateful. It comes in a pen that dispenses a tiny bit to the tip of a brush with each click, and it is nothing short of miraculous. About 50 bucks CDN. Same goes for anyone who ever likes to dust on a bit of face powder for shiny noses and cheeks: Guerlain Meteorites (multi coloured balls) do the same light-deflecting kind of tricks that Touche Eclat does. About 50 bucks USD, brush it on with a big brush, LIGHTLY.

If I ever stop using glycolic acid, my face breaks out (a lifelong problem), so I have learned to live with the fact that I just have to use the stuff and be done with it. At night, NeoStrata 8% toning solution, and in the morning NeoStrata Mattifying Day Lotion, also 8%. Each about 20 bucks CDN, and the day lotion has sunscreen, which you need if you use glycolic acid.

Since I'm very fair, I have invisible eyelashes and rarely go round without mascara. Avon's 2.95 jobbie works as well as Lancome Definicils, which as far as I am concerned is the industry standard for mascara. Long live Chi, my Avon lady.
Old 05-17-2004, 01:02 AM   #128
zenbabe
Lollypop!

I am allergic to avon products

-Dr. Seuss
Old 05-17-2004, 01:28 AM   #129
trisherina
meretricious dilettante

Well, I hope I'm not, because I ordered some Anew after reading how much sparticle likes it!
Old 05-17-2004, 06:06 AM   #130
Willow Sylph
monkey

Quote:
Originally posted by trisherina
Has anyone ever tried La Mer skin cream? There was a thread on the Straight Dope like this one once, and several people swore by it. I haven't been able to find it at a price I could manage for a never-tried, even on eBay.

For people who ever need concealer of any sort, I highly recommend Yves St. Laurent Touche Eclat. Heather Mallick from the Globe and Mail wrote a column that absolutely compelled me to buy it, and I am ever grateful. It comes in a pen that dispenses a tiny bit to the tip of a brush with each click, and it is nothing short of miraculous. About 50 bucks CDN. Same goes for anyone who ever likes to dust on a bit of face powder for shiny noses and cheeks: Guerlain Meteorites (multi coloured balls) do the same light-deflecting kind of tricks that Touche Eclat does. About 50 bucks USD, brush it on with a big brush, LIGHTLY.

If I ever stop using glycolic acid, my face breaks out (a lifelong problem), so I have learned to live with the fact that I just have to use the stuff and be done with it. At night, NeoStrata 8% toning solution, and in the morning NeoStrata Mattifying Day Lotion, also 8%. Each about 20 bucks CDN, and the day lotion has sunscreen, which you need if you use glycolic acid.

Since I'm very fair, I have invisible eyelashes and rarely go round without mascara. Avon's 2.95 jobbie works as well as Lancome Definicils, which as far as I am concerned is the industry standard for mascara. Long live Chi, my Avon lady.
Trish - what's the La Mer for? Just a regular face skin cream? Or does it toute some specific purpose?
Knight 1: We are now the Knights who say.... "Ekki-Ekki-Ekki-Ekki-PTANG! Zoom-Boing! Z'nourrwringmm!"
Willow Sylph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2004, 01:39 PM   #131
trisherina
meretricious dilettante

La Mer is heavily hyped as a skin cream that does pretty much everything imaginable, and certainly heavily expensive. You'll plonk down about $125 per OUNCE at the counter, yet it doesn't list any scientifically "known" ingredients like glycolic acid or retin-A. When I look at reviews I find more hype or horror, so I've always wondered what the deal is.
Old 05-17-2004, 02:43 PM   #132
Willow Sylph
monkey

Thanks Trish. Man, that's ridiculously expensive!! If I was able to or even inclined to fork out that much money for skincare, I'd just go to a plastic surgeon and have my face sandblasted and collagen injected!
Knight 1: We are now the Knights who say.... "Ekki-Ekki-Ekki-Ekki-PTANG! Zoom-Boing! Z'nourrwringmm!"
Willow Sylph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2004, 10:49 PM   #133
Klynne
monkey

I got a pedicure tonight! Ohhh, and since it looked so good I went and had to buy a new pair of sandals, and while I was there, I had to buy three pair of capris and a couple of shirts. The unfortunate thing is that I went shopping alone, so had no one but my male roommate to show my purchases. It is so much more fun shopping with girlfriends....

I need to get a new swimming suit this summer. I love Anne Klein suits, I left my last one at a hotel...What stores carry Anne Klein? I bought my last suit in Macey's in D.C.
Klynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2004, 11:06 PM   #134
Clytie
thundering is my favorite

im goin for a pedicure on thursday before i leave for Hawaii on saturday!!!!!!!
bound by the rich red that runs coarsing
united we stand
stronger than before
able to face the dark
with hands entwined
Clytie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2004, 11:10 PM   #135
Klynne
monkey

Quote:
Originally posted by Clytie
im goin for a pedicure on thursday before i leave for Hawaii on saturday!!!!!!!
Have fun!
Klynne is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: