ZEFRANK.COM - message board  

Go Back   ZEFRANK.COM - message board > FICTION PROJECT
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 57 votes, 4.93 average. Display Modes
Old 01-10-2006, 10:44 PM   #31
dddrum
Amateur Human

Froufrou liked to sit out on the porch on warm mornings, feeling the day's gathering momentum, and listening as the sparrows swooped down to snatch the bright red ficus berries, their shiny little beaks going bap! bap! bap! on the corrugated aluminum roof.

One particularly sunny morning, Froufrou was nodding off a little (the bapping of the sparrows serving as a powerful soporific) when a magpie landed right at her feet and snapped her awake by blurting "WISH!" in its harsh bitter magpie voice.

Flipping her feather boa out of the way, FrouFrou determined in her heart not to miss this golden opportunity - like the last time a magpie spoke to her - and immediately wished for a hundred more wishes.

Out of the ensuing obligatory smoky pouf effect strolled a stout, doughy gentleman, sharp-nosed, moustachioed, wearing a black uniform bearing the logo HeckleJeck Worldwide Delivery Systems, who seemed to be already in the middle of the conversation as he offhandedly waved his clipboard in her direction, puffed his cigar, and sighed, "The old hundred-wish wish always seems like a good idea, but with a wish comes a responsibility, and this makes that a hundredfold, if you get my drift and sign right here by the x, please."
Old 02-04-2006, 09:31 PM   #32
dddrum
Amateur Human

Froufrou liked to sit out on the porch on warm mornings, feeling the day's gathering momentum, and listening as the sparrows swooped down to snatch the bright red ficus berries, their shiny little beaks going bap! bap! bap! on the corrugated aluminum roof.

One particularly sunny morning, Froufrou was nodding off a little (the bapping of the sparrows serving as a powerful soporific) when a magpie landed right at her feet and snapped her awake by blurting "WISH!" in its harsh bitter magpie voice.

Flipping her feather boa out of the way, FrouFrou determined in her heart not to miss this golden opportunity - like the last time a magpie spoke to her - and immediately wished for a hundred more wishes.

Out of the ensuing obligatory smoky pouf effect strolled a stout, doughy gentleman, sharp-nosed, moustachioed, wearing a black uniform bearing the logo HeckleJeck Worldwide Delivery Systems, who seemed to be already in the middle of the conversation as he offhandedly waved his clipboard in her direction, puffed his cigar, and sighed, "The old hundred-wish wish always seems like a good idea, but with every wish comes a responsibility, if you get my drift and sign right here by the x, please."

No sooner had FrouFrou put her squiggly little signature on the line, than there was a rumbling as of thunder, and a drumroll as of hundreds of ficus berries rolling off the roof, and then a cleft-chinned Adonis appeared in the doorway, his well-oiled muscular perfection constricting her throat to the point she could barely squeak out the question, "Who are y-you?"
Old 02-25-2006, 11:11 AM   #33
trisherina
meretricious dilettante

Out of the ensuing obligatory smoky pouf effect strolled a stout, doughy gentleman, sharp-nosed, moustachioed, wearing a black uniform bearing the logo HeckleJeck Worldwide Delivery Systems, who seemed to be already in the middle of the conversation as he offhandedly waved his clipboard in her direction, puffed his cigar, and sighed, "The old hundred-wish wish always seems like a good idea, but with every wish comes a responsibility, if you get my drift and sign right here by the x, please."

No sooner had FrouFrou put her squiggly little signature on the line, than there was a rumbling as of thunder, and a drumroll as of hundreds of ficus berries rolling off the roof, and then a cleft-chinned Adonis appeared in the doorway, his well-oiled muscular perfection constricting her throat to the point she could barely squeak out the question, "Who are y-you?"

"Call me Deus," he intoned, "Deus Ex Machina."
Old 02-27-2006, 05:50 AM   #34
dddrum
Amateur Human

Post [Cue Twilight Zone theme]

"Call me Deus," he intoned, "Deus Ex Machina... but let's get right down to the hundred wishes I have for you, and the many ways in which you will fulfill them!"

Last edited by dddrum : 02-27-2006 at 05:54 AM. Reason: Witness, if you will, a young woman trapped in a world she never made...
dddrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 06:05 AM   #35
zero

last night, when long shadows lay across the fields and the evening sky, winnowed by the wind, was whitish blue, i cycled out to check whether the osprey's nest had survived the gale, but a man was lying in the way.
zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 06:32 AM   #36
Master_Jedi
Shaggy

last night, when long shadows lay across the fields and the evening sky, winnowed by the wind, was whitish blue, i cycled out to check whether the osprey's nest had survived the gale, but a man was lying in the way. I dropped my muffin, and bent down; i said "dude, you awake..." when i realized the pile of chocolate syrup.

Can't wait till next season. =D
Master_Jedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 11:10 AM   #37
zero

last night, when long shadows lay across the fields and the evening sky, winnowed by the wind, was whitish blue, i cycled out to check whether the osprey's nest had survived the gale, but a man was lying in the way. I dropped my muffin, and bent down; i said "dude, you awake..." when i realized the pile of chocolate syrup.

he died.

THE END

Last edited by zero : 03-04-2006 at 10:18 AM.
zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006, 05:07 PM   #38
Brynn
constantly amazed

Ape laughs.
Me too.
We have fun.
The end.
Brynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2006, 08:04 AM   #39
ellie

deeply lost in thought, looking down at his bare feet, claudio climbed the worn-out stairs to face the 3 most important people in his life. with his left hand he reached into his coat and touched the tube nestling in the interior pocket, thinking to himself, can i actually do this?
they had heard his footsteps and called out, come on in, we have been waiting for you
slowly he entered. well did you get it? she asked impatiently, show us.
he opened his hand and there it was, so small and yet so important.
ellie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2006, 03:01 PM   #40
dddrum
Amateur Human

deeply lost in thought, looking down at his bare feet, claudio climbed the worn-out stairs to face the 3 most important people in his life. with his left hand he reached into his coat and touched the tube nestling in the interior pocket, thinking to himself, can i actually do this?
they had heard his footsteps and called out, come on in, we have been waiting for you
slowly he entered. well did you get it? she asked impatiently, show us.
he opened his hand and there it was, so small and yet so important.
here's the vegemite, he addressed his ex-wives, and i hope you beeyotches brought the tea and toast!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: