Old 03-01-2007, 09:50 PM   #2026
Brynn
constantly amazed

I'm considered moderately tall for a woman so please don't hat me for it
Brynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 12:10 AM   #2027
lostsadie
Pigmy person...

We can still be friends, actually I enjoy tall friends (pretty much all of my friends are tall) they can be very helpful at times. Of course I consider tall to be above 5' because anything over that is taller than me anyway.

Question: Can you reach the top shelf in your kitchen cabinets? I even have issues with the middle shelf. I have always wondered what tall people keep up there. Do you know? And what about that one over the 'fridge...if I want to lose something permanently that is where I put it.

So tell me what it's like to be moderately tall? What are the positives? Negatives? And what is Moderately tall any way...5'2" to 5'6"?

friends are fun
Old 03-02-2007, 01:14 AM   #2028
Jack Flanders
landscaping is fun

Jack Flanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 02:33 AM   #2029
Odbe
hope dope

I used to be tall until I made a new friend who is very tall. Now everyone is short except her.
Odbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 10:50 AM   #2030
lostsadie
Pigmy person...

My favorite part about being short (I am sure it is the same for really tall people) is the overwhelming urge others have to tell you about it...like they are caught off guard and the words come out before they can help themselves. As in : "hey, you're short!!!" or "did you know how short you are?"

The funny part to me is I don't FEEL short, so I answer with something like. "I am? Really? My mother never told me" or " I know how tall I am but not how short, how does one measure that?"

But then I think the whole thing is amazingly funny. Although, I do think I might contact the ADA regarding the heights of door handles and toilets and such. The fricken Handicap toilets are like two and a half feet off the ground...what is that? How fair is that? They should be adjustable...

***Now if talking about toilets doesn't turn this bread into a soggy mush, I don't know what will.

Last edited by lostsadie : 03-03-2007 at 10:55 AM. Reason: It was a bit short
lostsadie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 04:25 PM   #2031
Coffee
Cheeses Save

HEY!!! Will you little people keep it down...ummm...down there. Nattering away sociably in a thread is NOT an effective way to kill it.

DIE THREAD DIE

*STABS THREAD IN HEART*
Coffee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 09:22 PM   #2032
Brynn
constantly amazed

Oh great, now it's bleeding. Does anyone have a band-aid or something? Anyone?

Now my dear Mr. Coffee, we do have important things to talk about here, not the least of which is about killing the thread, granted, but I assure you that if we chat mindlessly enough for long enough, it will die of natural causes, so please be patient!!!!!!
You need some more caffeine, my sweet. It's obvious. Time for an emergency cup:

*sadie, I'm 5'8" so I love being asked to get things off of shelves. It builds my self-esteem and makes me feel incredibly useful.
I was this height in sixth grade. It wasn't fun. I became an expert on the weather "up there", I got asked about it so often. Horrifying at 12. All the boys I liked came up to my collarbone. The big ones were academically challenged, and already growing beards and mustaches. I was forced to be on the basketball team, a sport I have no aptitude for at all, so I spent a lot of time on the bench. I developed an ashamed stoop that only two years of dance in college could correct, and I've always dated short Napoleonic men for some reason. Something about wanting to balance out the genetics, perhaps, and of course the "Look at the big fish I caught" syndrome on their side. I've since realized that there are women far taller than me, which has been comforting.
Brynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 09:49 PM   #2033
lostsadie
Pigmy person...

I am exactly 10 and a half inches shorter than you!

I too have a thing for little men...I just feel weird hugging a guy with my ear pressed up against his belt buckle...call me crazy. My poor kids are doomed to being little to I suppose.

About this tread:

We don't die... we multiply..we's Be Be's kids
Old 03-03-2007, 09:57 PM   #2034
trisherina
meretricious dilettante

I'm 172 cm. I think that's almost 5'8" in metric, or after the spinal compression of aging -- I'm never sure which.
trisherina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 10:20 PM   #2035
Tunesmith
click click click

So...this may be insensitive of me, Sadie, but your title 'Pigmy person' is meant to be taken literally?

Just for the record, being tall isn't that exciting. I'm 6' (6'1" when I need to show off or sound taller than I am) It makes you stand out in a crowd, and when that crowd happens to be a group of pre-pubescent teens trying to dance to rap while you tower above them, like a Statue of Liberty without a torch, dress, book, and symbolic nature, you're inclined to wish that you didn't have the genes you do. Fortunately, this hasn't been a problem for a few years, but it just about killed me.

Also, low ceilings and hanging pipes are a big problem. I've smacked my head into a very hot pipe while on the treadmill. Pleasant, no?

My girlfriend's about...5'4", but seeing as I've never had a problem with other people's height, I don't really pay attention to the difference.

There ya go, Brynn:

I thought the thread might enjoy being covered by Tigger straddling Pooh. I know I would.

Last edited by Tunesmith : 03-04-2007 at 12:16 AM.
Tunesmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 10:21 PM   #2036
lostsadie
Pigmy person...

I'm surrounded by beautiful long legged tall girls...I suppose I'll settle for cute
Old 03-04-2007, 01:08 AM   #2037
Husk
*woof*

Yeah, i'm 5'2" and wish i was taller. Hitting your head on a pipe sounds seems a small price for not being called "shrimp#2" for 3 years instead of your real name, or being asked when you start high school (despite the fact taht your already in it). But i guess it doesn't matter what you are, as humans we just want to be the opposite.
Husk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 01:50 AM   #2038
Jack Flanders
landscaping is fun

I'm 5'7" and glad to be alive. Just lost two friends from lung cancer. One smoked like a fvcking chimney and the other never inhaled. Go figure.
Jack Flanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 04:04 AM   #2039
Coffee
Cheeses Save

WHAT??? did someone say something?

*looks down*

Oh...its you little people making a fuss in here again.

I'm 6' 3" and have a small gash on my forehead right now from banging my head on something or other the other day. As I posted some time ago...one benefit (not) of being tall is that my friends hang ceiling fans at frontal lobotomy height. But...all the shelves are accessible without step stools...so that is some compensation I guess.

*Bangs head on thread on way out*
Coffee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 04:33 PM   #2040
xfox
slightly effective

*looks around in a good wind*
Ready about?
xfox is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: