FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-04-2007, 06:00 AM   #76
The Duke
banned

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by zero View Post
why do/don't you own one?

Well back in September I had a guy point a gun in my face when I caught him breaking in outside of my neighbors house next door ..His partner in crime Hit me repeatedly with a piece of fire wood while I was being held at gun point ....

He whacked me over seven times around the head and neck ...including while I was running for my life to escape being shot and beaten ...I heard the gun go off , but I guess the bastard was a lousy shot

Now I don't know about you , but I used to Play American Footbal in my prime , and I used to Box in the golden gloves too , I still stand around 6'7'' and am built like a Patton Tank .....and I'm Alive

I don't think any of you frail juniors out there would have survived the beating the way I did , much less come away without shitting your drawers the way I did ...

I don't have a gun because the laws here say I can't own one without going through a tremendous paper mill of beauracracy (Holland)

And even if I had one , and used it in self defense against those criminal bastards , they would have locked me up instead of them ....

Now what was the $64,000.00 question again ?

Last edited by The Duke : 05-04-2007 at 06:10 AM.
The Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 09:07 AM   #77
trisherina
meretricious dilettante

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalon View Post
After reading this entire thread ( including my own post about Susie ), I have decided that this scares me more than any gun or thread about guns. Sorry if it seems offtopic, but if we are talking wholesale death, then this is what scares me...that and the fact that everyone seems to be taking it so casually.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/honeybee_die_off

Quote:
If you want to change horses mid stream..be an adult and ask the thread be directed to your current interest. Or start yet another thread.
Where is the new thread?
trisherina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 10:15 AM   #78
nowhereman
monkey

Duke

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Duke View Post
Well back in September I had a guy point a gun in my face when I caught him breaking in outside of my neighbors house next door ..His partner in crime Hit me repeatedly with a piece of fire wood while I was being held at gun point ....

He whacked me over seven times around the head and neck ...including while I was running for my life to escape being shot and beaten ...I heard the gun go off , but I guess the bastard was a lousy shot

Now I don't know about you , but I used to Play American Footbal in my prime , and I used to Box in the golden gloves too , I still stand around 6'7'' and am built like a Patton Tank .....and I'm Alive

I don't think any of you frail juniors out there would have survived the beating the way I did , much less come away without shitting your drawers the way I did ...

I don't have a gun because the laws here say I can't own one without going through a tremendous paper mill of beauracracy (Holland)

And even if I had one , and used it in self defense against those criminal bastards , they would have locked me up instead of them ....

Now what was the $64,000.00 question again ?
Sometimes it takes personal experience like your's for people to see the value of our second amendment. Gun owners get a bad rap being labeled as cowboys, hick, rednecks, etc.etc. but if the people that had these imagines instilled in their heads could see the reality to the contrary, I think they just might ease up on the average law abiding gun owning citizen.

I'm all for tough gun laws but just don't take them out of the hands of law abiding citizens that choose to use them to defend themselves, their families and loved ones.
nowhereman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 11:44 AM   #79
Avalon

Quote:
Originally Posted by trisherina View Post

Where is the new thread?
pfft.
I was polite, I apologized for being off topic...and I didn't ask or expect anyone else to take up my cause. As for the new thread, someone else had already started one in Current events. I would have steered clear of this thread from then on in had he not made the statement below.

Quote:
frieda/zenbaby, this bread has grown stupid. please change the title of it to •bee•
Since zero clearly feels violated, maybe he should try to remember how it feels next time he hijacks someone's thread. Atleast I was polite about it.
I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it.
Groucho Marx
Avalon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 12:46 PM   #80
zero
ª ★ ª

Quote:
...he hijacks someone's thread. Atleast I was polite about it.
hijacking?? you were "politely" or otherwise hijacking this thread? really? why?

why would you, or anyone for that matter, want to obstruct debate and distract attention away from the issues of gun-ownership, guns in society and overarmed societies?
zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 02:09 PM   #81
Avalon

By stomping your foot and acting like a child, you have hijacked your own thread.
Anything to take the focus off of you. Okay, I'll play.

Sorry to disappoint you, but my intent was not to hijack your precious thread, but to show there are other, equally, if not more, important issues at hand. An over armed society scares you, but the break down of the food chain is not worth mentioning?

It is pretty clear that although you say "societies", you are pointing the finger at the United States. At the risk of going old school on you..the US was there when you needed it, regardless of how you feel about my country today, Britain and a couple of other countries were glad to see us. And we brought guns that protected and SYA. Yes that was eons ago; but I am still proud to live here.
Not everyone here owns a gun; not everyone who owns a gun is a murderer. Shot or starved, you are going to be just as dead, and that was the point of the bee story.

I made one post about the colony collapse. I apologized for being off topic and
I would have gladly walked away from this thread had you not gone out of your way to be an ass. I am well aware, and don't care, that it is me personally with whom you have a problem. If someone else had posted the same off topic article, you would have been excessively polite, thanked them for their input, and sent them on their way with a condescending pat on the head.

This way is fine with me.
I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it.
Groucho Marx
Avalon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 02:37 PM   #82
zero
ª ★ ª

thanks for the input
zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 08:19 PM   #83
auntie aubrey
excursions

well then. i guess the discussion is over?

too bad. i was enjoying it.
Old 05-05-2007, 12:02 PM   #84
greywolf

I wonder how many of you...

Who have posted on this thread, whether pro or con, have ever actually had to fire a gun at someone, either legally (as a soldier, policeperson, security guard, etc) or not, and how many are speaking purely from theory and/or principle?

I HAVE done so, and have no interest whatsoever in owning a gun, any gun, privately... or in using one ever again.
Old 05-05-2007, 12:10 PM   #85
Frieda
in limbo

haven't fired a gun, or touched one, ever.

oh yeah
Frieda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 12:13 PM   #86
12"razormix
° ★ °

i can't think of one single reason to want a gun.
12"razormix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 12:42 PM   #87
Veruki
hint of olive

I've held them before. Never shot them. It's sad because as far as mechanics go they are beautiful, but the idea behind them is quite disturbing.
Back to my point, I've held them, and I don't like the feeling that comes over me.

There is no valid reason for people to use them, but people are destructive like that.
Old 05-05-2007, 01:08 PM   #88
trisherina
meretricious dilettante

We've got the anecdotal well covered.
trisherina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 01:48 PM   #89
grumpybumpas
monkey

A good gun is like a good woman you have to support it all year round and you only get to shoot it once in a while.
grumpybumpas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 07:00 PM   #90
auntie aubrey
excursions

we've got vomit well covered now, too.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: