ZEFRANK.COM - message board  

Go Back   ZEFRANK.COM - message board > FAST CHAT
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 12-06-2002, 11:42 AM   #1
bealeblues
where's my salt?

Just Start All Over

ok, you've been given the power/ability to wind back the clock to whatever age you want and begin things again if you so choose.

1). Do you use this power to travel back or are you satisfied with the way things turned out?

2). If you use this power, what age to you go back to and why, and what do you do differently?

and yes, i know the logistical difficulties with going back and changing your life b/c it would change the lives of those you were in contact with which in turn changes the lives of those people they were in contact with until it all turns to chaos, but work with me here....

my answers:

1). I go back

2). I would've never left college the first time around b/c that turn of events put me in a downward spiral (with apologies to NIN); and if i had never left i probably would not have chosen this career path and would've gone for something more rewarding like baseball commentating or something
Old 12-06-2002, 12:29 PM   #2
Red Princess
thread soiler

I sometimes think that if I could go back and start over I would go all the way back. So many things that I wish I could have avoided. BUT I think I am pretty cool now and I am the sum of my experiences good and bad. So in the end the only way to go is forward...full steam ahead
Red Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2002, 12:36 PM   #3
masterofNone
________

go back. I'd go back.
To that post coital moment when I, lost in the ecstatic after glow uttered the words, "marry me" at the tender age of 19.

Yep, I know I wouldn't have my 3 sons. And I'll fight to the death with anyone who impunes I don't cherish their existence. But, in that altered bizarro world, I'd have children whom I'd love. I'd have a life that was possibly less chaotic and possibly less full of regret. Not that my life is anything to compalin about. I think I'm a pretty happy guy. It's just that I can imagine a better one... and I'd role the dice again for that possibility.
masterofNone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2002, 12:39 PM   #4
quintondotcom
Special Agent Dale Cooper

I woudln't want to go back. All my mistakes and wounds of have been earned. The learning that comes of them is the nugget of inspiration that makes it worth having gone through... but scarred and learned is far better off than tabula rasa. An opportunity to correct downfalls is not as enticing as knowing those lessons from what downfalls I've had are behind me, whether they were learned quickly or slowly. The victories of my past, well they're easy to keep.
quintondotcom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2002, 12:44 PM   #5
Red Princess
thread soiler

Besides who is to say I wouldn't be even stupider given another chance. i prefer my known demons
Red Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2002, 12:50 PM   #6
amanda
old s'cool

Quote:
Originally posted by masterofNone
go back. I'd go back.
To that post coital moment when I, lost in the ecstatic after glow uttered the words, "marry me" at the tender age of 19....It's just that I can imagine a better one... and I'd role the dice again for that possibility.
Hmmm... my father said the same words at the tender age of 18.
And if he didn't, I wouldn't be here.

Yet, I think love him enough to tell him go back...go back.
amanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2002, 01:01 PM   #7
masterofNone
________

I guess it goes like this in my head. You were meant to be. If things changed, you would still be...perhaps your hair would be straighter or curlier...perhaps your eye color would be a different tint... but the essential you would still be. My sons would still be. And I would still love them. Details might change but the essence would remain.

And lessons I've learned? Experiences that have crafted my being? I think any experience, bounced off the way my soul responds to the world, would have taught me the same lessons. I think over the decades, experiences matter less than experience does.
masterofNone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2002, 02:57 PM   #8
AllegroNg
What I Am Wearing.

Oh my garsh, no! I would never think of going back in time! My history has made me who I am today! What, you think the red hair is real??

Be not sad because it's over. Smile because it happened.

Except, well, eh.. I'd take back all the M&M's I ate...
AllegroNg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2002, 03:10 PM   #9
Deviate
Butt-F***ing the World

well, as much as i would want to change some of the dumb things i've done (i.e. choosing the wrong school, not being ambitious, ignoring opportunities, etc) i would have to say there are a lot of beautiful people that would not be in my life if i changed things. so i wouldn't go back. (sigh)

-st.

Last edited by Deviate : 12-10-2002 at 03:16 PM.
Deviate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2002, 07:22 PM   #10
RuneT
baaaaah?

Tell me where the button is and I'll press it.
No, hang on. My current state of mind say yes, go ahead, make my day, but my concience says otherwise. Thing is, If I couldn't keep some of the people I have in my life right now I wouldn't do it. Susie's are har to find these days!

RuneT, respect!!
RuneT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 08:14 PM   #11
Anna
n

Anna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 10:17 PM   #12
Brynn
constantly amazed

terrible terrible

I saw an outdoor production of The Sound of Music that a friend of mine was in once where at the beginning of the show they pre-loaded something like 300 white homing pigeons up in the scaffolding near the hot lights. They were released during the finale of "Climb Every Mountain" and 300 cooked birds rained down on the actors. There's just no recovering from something like that.
I'm sure the stagehands would use the machine.
Brynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2008, 01:22 AM   #13
Anna
n

can't trust um, they drink
Anna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 06:00 PM   #14
brightpearl
Rhinoceros fan

The instruction manual
brightpearl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 10:44 PM   #15