ZEFRANK.COM - message board  

Go Back   ZEFRANK.COM - message board > FICTION PROJECT
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 9 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 07-14-2007, 05:03 PM   #31
Marcus Bales

Location: In a coign of the cliff between lowland and highland, at the sea-down's edge between windward and lee, walled round with rocks as an inland island, the ghost of a garden fronts the sea.
A Liver Saver consists of a raw egg, one dash of worcestershire sauce, a shake of ground pepper, a 4 oz of tomato or v-8 juice, 1/2 oz of lemon juice, 2 aspirin, and a cup of ice, thoroughly blanded together and poured into tall tumbler. Wait a moment until the drink forms a thin skin of icy bubbles on the top, then carefully float 1 oz of Bacardi 151 rum across the top of the frozen mix, and serve.

Sure that's all the rage now that I've invented it, but I was at a party for Cool Cleveland Online the other day, and they were talking about serving Cool Studs, though I didn't get there early enough that there were any of them left. What's in a Cool Stud?
Old 07-14-2007, 06:23 PM   #32
brightpearl
Rhinoceros fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by seebe View Post
Ahh yes, I remember the days of swabbing decks on the Good Ship Lollypop and Black Pearl drinks. Because we only hit port every 3 months we had to make due with what we had on hand. 2 ounces of very dark whiskey made from aged squid ink, mixed with used mop water, drank from an empty clam shell. A generous helping of salt peter as a chaser. On land, the salt peter is not necessary and is usually omitted.
Not to be confused with a Black Pearly, which is when I stay up all night watching things like The Libertine or Brazil and drinking Kool-Aid out of a jelly jar.

A Cool Stud is a shot of vodka served straight from the freezer, in a frosted shotglass, garnished with a thumbtack.

I'm tending bar at a Ladies' Spa Night tonight, and the host has asked me to serve "Bearded Slurpees". I'm a little concerned. I hope someone can put my mind at ease...
brightpearl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2007, 06:42 PM   #33
Marcus Bales

Location: In a coign of the cliff between lowland and highland, at the sea-down's edge between windward and lee, walled round with rocks as an inland island, the ghost of a garden fronts the sea.
Not to worry, a Bearded Slurpee is a frozen daiquiri in a cup or tumbler with a logo on it. The "beard", you see, is the logo'd container -- no one knows you're drinking a daiquiri! So be sure to have lots of innocuously logo'd containers on hand!

Those Bearded Slurpees are easy -- but the other day an online pal was talking about getting wasted in NYC with some other dog owners on Westchester Trots. What's in them?
Old 07-14-2007, 08:15 PM   #34
seebe
monkey

Westchester Trots
Oh that's an easy one, and I have the road burns to prove it. First of all, this stuff hits you real fast so make sure you tie the leash around your wrist. It consists of 2 cups white lightning, 2 ounces of sour kraut juice, 6 shakes of chili sauce. You drink it as fast as you can, then commence walking the dogs. This is why you so often read in the newspapers about the many odd sightings on Westchester, of dogs dragging bloody, stinkin', unconcious people face down behind them. You've walked the dogs, gotten tanked, and cleaned yourself out all in one fell swoop...heaven I'd say.

I'm going to the beach tomorrow and I heard it was a great idea to drink a lot just before swimming. Someone told me the best drink for the occasion is called Undertow, but I haven't a clue how to make it.

The hell with my last edit, I was wrong again anyway. I think I'll quit drinking...it's making me dyslexic.

Last edited by seebe : 07-15-2007 at 07:27 PM. Reason: Stick a fork in me, I'm done.
seebe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 09:44 AM   #35
daverbee
Key Lime Pie rocks!!!

25 successive shots of vodka followed by eight octopus burritos and a slice of triple chocolate cake. 25 more vodkas and then dive in and don't come up for air.

Ever had an Eyeball?
Old 07-16-2007, 09:47 AM   #36
brightpearl
Rhinoceros fan

An Undertow is similar to a Long Island Iced Tea --

1 ounce vodka
1 ounce gin
1 ounce white rum
1 ounce white tequila
1/2 ounce triple sec
2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
BUT, instead of the cola, you add 1/2 a cup of water and a teaspoon of sea salt

All the best places garnish it with a square of toasted nori.

Somebody whip me up a Varnished Tickler.
brightpearl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 03:46 PM   #37
Marcus Bales

A Varnished Tickler is easy -- it's the last shot in the bottle of a single malt whiskey -- and the lady gets to keep the bottle. Or the fella, I suppose.

Okay okay, stop trying to imagine that! Give me the ingredients, instead, to a
Stephen King.
Old 07-16-2007, 05:24 PM   #38
daverbee
Key Lime Pie rocks!!!

A Stephen King is three tabs of Owsley's best taken with lime juice and grenadine.
Once again I ask, anybody had an Eyeball?
Old 07-16-2007, 05:39 PM   #39
seebe
monkey

Eyeball
daverbee, I can only guess that you are either heading for, but not quite into medical school yet, or you just haven't had it pulled on you yet. It started as a prank among medical students. The group of so called friends usually waits until their collegue is 3 sheets to the wind and turns his head, to fish out the actual olive from his martini and replace it with a pickled eyeball from the cadaver they worked on a few days before. They put dye into the pickling vinegar to make it look authentically green. So of course it consists of 2 shots dry vermouth and a real eyeball.

Over in Iceland I heard they drink something called GoatGoo anyone been to Iceland lately?
Old 07-16-2007, 07:52 PM   #40
Marcus Bales

Owsley Blue and Goat Goo!

Whoa, Daverbee -- didn't see your contribution, there: sorry.

Goat Goo is Jello Vanilla Pudding Shots -- you make the Jello Pudding with vodka and freeze it in ice trays.

A lot of people are excited around here about Dan Folino's performance in "Jekyll and Hyde" at the Beck Center for the Arts in Lakewood, Ohio -- and the bar across the street is serving a drink called Facade. What's in it?
Old 07-17-2007, 02:15 PM   #41
seebe
monkey

The drink Facade isn't really anything more or less than cheap vodka disguised as ABSOLUT VODKA. And it tastes better.

There's a drink out there called Desire. It's suppose to make even the ugliest person parked next to you look 'specially lumptious. Gimme the recipe please.
Old 07-23-2007, 03:37 PM   #42
Marcus Bales

Desire is hard to make because the spell compo ... I mean, the ingredients are difficult to find.

Eye of newt, and toe of frog,
Wool of bat, and tongue of dog,
Adder's fork, and blind-worm's sting,
Lizard's leg, and howlet's wing,--
For a charm of powerful trouble,
Like a hell-broth boil and bubble, --
Show me lies, conceal the truth,
Six parts gin to one vermouth;
Truth is ugly, lies are Beauty,
Come on potion, do your duty!

Now that I'm Donne with that, what's a Mandrake Root?
Old 07-23-2007, 03:49 PM   #43
seebe
monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus Bales View Post
Desire is hard to make because the spell compo ... I mean, the ingredients are difficult to find.

Eye of newt, and toe of frog,
Wool of bat, and tongue of dog,
Adder's fork, and blind-worm's sting,
Lizard's leg, and howlet's wing,--
For a charm of powerful trouble,
Like a hell-broth boil and bubble, --
Show me lies, conceal the truth,
Six parts gin to one vermouth;
Truth is ugly, lies are Beauty,
Come on potion, do your duty!
Great poem.
Old 07-23-2007, 06:58 PM   #44
Marcus Bales

Quote:
Originally Posted by seebe View Post
Great poem.
It ought to be: three fifths of it is Shakespeare, and two lines were lifted, sort of, from Tom Lehrer. Hard to miss when you steal from the best!
Old 07-23-2007, 07:01 PM   #45
seebe
monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus Bales View Post
It ought to be: three fifths of it is Shakespeare, and two lines were lifted, sort of, from Tom Lehrer. Hard to miss when you steal from the best!
Ahh well, I never was much of a poet connoisseur, so it was real easy for me to miss.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: