ZEFRANK.COM - message board  

Go Back   ZEFRANK.COM - message board > FICTION PROJECT
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 27 votes, 4.70 average. Display Modes
Old 07-21-2003, 02:49 AM   #1
beckstra
one classy broad

Freckles and Lashes

The waves chimed in the wind. Tide was moving in and the sand's capacity to hold water was nearing the breaking point. She held her hair over her head and let the night breeze cool her underarms. Sara loomed in and out between the dock's support beams with an ear to ear on her face. Before her stood one boy, tall and gawky, covered in freckles and limbs, behind her, another boy with pretty eyelashes kneeling to roll up his khakis.

Freckles tugged on his shorts and looked up to the dock. The sunset blacked him out pink, orange, purple. His throaty laugh made Sara shake her head. "You're just jealous that I have history." The waves mumbled his softly spoken threat.

Lashes looked up, making his last cuff, and raised an eyebrow. Sara turned herself to face him. With careful precision and determination not to be wet he balanced himself on his feet. Ornery as hell, she was, and kicked water in his direction. He ran out of the water, but the more he kicked his feet, the more his pants got wet.

Water tickled the back of her knees as she stepped in deeper, away from the two.

"What are you doing?" Freckles bellowed and Sara craned her neck around. Lashes proceeded to pull down his khakis and Sara snapped her head away. "Oh man...nobody wants to see that." Closing her eyes, she felt the water move up to her thighs.

"Man, I'm wearing shorts. Give me that." She heard a crash in the waves and turned around. As she did, a wet form sprung before her, startling her back waist deep. Water covered her.

Freckles held out his arm to catch her from falling completely.

The pacific waters rocked her in blue and gray, much like Whistler’s Mother. The dock thundered above them with life. Along the shore appeared bushes of bonfire. The sun was prancing away, flouncing, dancing away.

"Oh, I'm sorry about that." Arrogant as hell, Lashes smirked, his nose dripping.

Sara turned from the two and slid in neck deep, her knees bent, and toes clawing the sand. Stepping out further under the dock, moving from post to post. Freckles stepped up waist deep next to her and immersed himself. Resurfacing, he shook his head and salt water fell on her lip.

In a full swim, Sara felt a hand grab her ankle and fell under, willing.
beckstra is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: