ZEFRANK.COM - message board  

Go Back   ZEFRANK.COM - message board > FICTION PROJECT
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 190 votes, 4.96 average. Display Modes
Old 12-20-2008, 06:48 AM   #3421
dddrum
Amateur Human

palfrey n.

that long stringy bit on a banana that won't come off your finger no matter how hard you flick it and flick it and flikflikflik but nooooo, the whole farking banana will fall into the trash can before this diabolical pubestrand of satan ever will i can tell you that, pally. Also known as an ohdammit.
Old 12-20-2008, 12:53 PM   #3422
trisherina
meretricious dilettante

palfrey: The insider term for Roger Daltrey's groupies.

From high up on the lighting scaffold, Josh watched with a combination of horror and amusement as bevies of his age peers lined up for palfrey duty with the old man.
Old 12-20-2008, 02:38 PM   #3423
treekisser
It isn't easy being green

palfrey n. a prominent facial skin blemish capable of draining the blood supply to the lips, resulting in slurred speech, dry mouth, loss of appetite, chills, fever, and loss of libido. The cause of palfrey is believed to be linked to impure thoughts, penis envy, and greed.
treekisser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008, 06:13 AM   #3424
Brynn
constantly amazed

palfrey n. (archaic) an ornate, spherical tassel (usually beaded in abalone shell and semi-precious agates) attached to a bell pull that customarily hung in drawing rooms of typical Victorian homes. It was originally used to summon servants.

"Dundee, you naughty naughty dog!" Blanche quickly extinguished her meditation candle and picked up the bewildered white terrier and held it like a baby, crooning "Youve gone and chewed up a $3500 antique palfrey and I'm barely reacting, aren't you a glad little puppy dog? Aren't you glad you're so cute? Aren't you glad you cost more than an antique palfrey? Yes you are!"
Brynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 01:08 PM   #3425
xfox
slightly effective

* Judge approaches *
xfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 06:55 PM   #3426
Hyakujo's Fox
left hanging

Location: between the click of the light and the start of the dream
palfrey (n) The world's largest breed of chicken, known to have reached full grown heights of over four feet. They were named after their creator, the Rev. Palfrey. Rev. Palfrey himself met an unfortunate end when one day he, after dining on a particularly crunchy salad roll, forgot to brush himself down before entering the coop and received a brutal pecking from his favourite hen, Eleanor. The resultant fried chicken only diet the Reverend embarked on from that day, subsequently led to his early death from heart disease some five years later.
Hyakujo's Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 11:44 PM   #3427
xfox
slightly effective

Ok gang, great entries, but I'm judging this now before it gets any bigger and so in no particular order since nobody got the real definition of palfrey which is a horse

DDDrum made me smile (as always) but must have a food dilemma going on so he gets this and the key to the Golden Monkey Club for a month for his entry:

that long stringy bit on a banana that won't come off your finger no matter how hard you flick it and flick it and flikflikflik but nooooo, the whole farking banana will fall into the trash can before this diabolical pubestrand of satan ever will i can tell you that, pally. Also known as an ohdammit.

My hope that TreeKisser will accept, but had the wrong diagnosis and receives a trip to correct the possible cause of this terrible illness here for the cure:

a prominent facial skin blemish capable of draining the blood supply to the lips, resulting in slurred speech, dry mouth, loss of appetite, chills, fever, and loss of libido. The cause of palfrey is believed to be linked to impure thoughts, penis envy, and greed.

It seems I've seen this before, from HFox, however a grande version of Poulet poche au vin blanc is my recommendation, but granted, a challenge when selecting a pot. Mr. Fox please do not cease to paint these hilarious images for us and accept this with the Ornithological Nightmare of the Month Award for your entry:

The world's largest breed of chicken, known to have reached full grown heights of over four feet. They were named after their creator, the Rev. Palfrey. Rev. Palfrey himself met an unfortunate end when one day he, after dining on a particularly crunchy salad roll, forgot to brush himself down before entering the coop and received a brutal pecking from his favourite hen, Eleanor. The resultant fried chicken only diet the Reverend embarked on from that day, subsequently led to his early death from heart disease some five years later.

For Trisherina a little something to frame and recall those psychadelic days of yore and the Special Appreciation Award for

palfrey: The insider term for Roger Daltrey's groupies.

From high up on the lighting scaffold, Josh watched with a combination of horror and amusement as bevies of his age peers lined up for palfrey duty with the old man.

The Coveted Second place goes to:

Miss Brynn who wins a lifetime fractional share on this for her gift of Oriental gab and her brilliant idea of this definition, though incorrect, delightful:

an ornate, spherical tassel (usually beaded in abalone shell and semi-precious agates) attached to a bell pull that customarily hung in drawing rooms of typical Victorian homes. It was originally used to summon servants.

And the WINNER is Ysa Pur Eschomuw for the most plausible definition of the human struggle in the days of olde when might made right and there is a good chance a palfrey had something to do with it, or when things cool down the and knight comes back for the maiden in distress:

palfrey - a heated dispute among mates that ends with a very loud quarrel and a very long period of silent resentment.

Congratulations, Ysa!

And the next word is:
Old 12-29-2008, 06:41 AM   #3428
YsaPur EsChomuw
oi

That was unexpected. Thank you, xfox.
And may I express my heartfelt admiration of the much more creative entries of the fine definers' troupe?

Now for something completely different:

desuperpollicate
YsaPur EsChomuw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 12:59 PM   #3429
treekisser
It isn't easy being green

[Great job of judging, Foxy!]

desuperpollicate v. to purposely mimic and attempt to outdo the creation, action, or expression of another, usually in a tastelessly ostentatious, over-the top manner.

I have a jealous neighbor who, taking personal offense from everything I do, responds by desuperpollicating. Once I brought home a new piano and he soon installed a pipe organ. When I purchased a new car, he bought a limousine. This week, my wife is getting breast implants and I cannot wait to see the reaction from next door.
treekisser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 03:10 PM   #3430
Brynn
constantly amazed

desuperpollicate - n. a grossly inebriated Democrat at an Obama inauguration party, typically observed doing the "Elaine" dance.
Brynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 09:49 PM   #3431
xfox
slightly effective

desuperpollicate - levorotation.
Old 01-05-2009, 08:59 PM   #3432
dddrum
Amateur Human

desuperpollicate -v.

to remove a genetically enhanced budgie from the alimentary canal of an overenthusiastic cartoon feline, usually by means of an unwieldy electronic vacuum device manufactured by the Acme Corporation.
Old 01-05-2009, 09:23 PM   #3433
brightpearl
Rhinoceros fan

I can't resist

desuperpollicate -v.

to artificially inseminate Superman
brightpearl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 07:55 AM   #3434
lukkucairi
earth worker

desuperpollicate: (n) formal name for the 47th term of Helmholdt's equation when expressed in R=5
lukkucairi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 08:10 AM   #3435
Marcus Bales

Location: In a coign of the cliff between lowland and highland, at the sea-down's edge between windward and lee, walled round with rocks as an inland island, the ghost of a garden fronts the sea.
desuperpollicate - to fall ignominiously off a Segway. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RBO43zwgj-g&NR=1

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: