ZEFRANK.COM - message board  

Go Back   ZEFRANK.COM - message board > FICTION PROJECT
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 190 votes, 4.96 average. Display Modes
Old 11-01-2006, 10:25 AM   #1936
Marcus Bales

Location: In a coign of the cliff between lowland and highland, at the sea-down's edge between windward and lee, walled round with rocks as an inland island, the ghost of a garden fronts the sea.
pnigophobia -- fear of carpets.

It was Professor Dinzdale's wildest claim that, if he only had the chance, he had the cure for the youngest Nolan Sister's pnigophbia.
Old 11-01-2006, 11:35 AM   #1937
Hyakujo's Fox
left hanging

Location: between the click of the light and the start of the dream
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brynn
judging soon, judging often, judging without restraint
pnigophobia - fear of being led to falsely confess to a crime in order to derive pleasure from the punishment received.
Hyakujo's Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2006, 03:37 PM   #1938
Brynn
constantly amazed

Well, the Minipunks of the household have moved my dictionary (again), but I seem to remember that pnigophobia actually means "fear of choking or being smothered."
We're going to need to discover or coin the word that means "fear of judging" someday, and I'd like to officially appoint

Hyakujo's Fox to that special assignment (and will expect occasional updates on his progress) since he narrowly escaped winning this round with this elegant entry:

pnigophobia - fear of being led to falsely confess to a crime in order to derive pleasure from the punishment received.

As it is, he wins a special spa package gift certificate to Chez Marquis De Sade, which includes soaking privileges and a complimentary flagellation kit suitable for re-gifting.

Master Jedi wins The Zombie Award, and has the option of being featured in the upcoming international PETA Fundraising Brochure wearing a bloody tuxedo on a brilliant white field of snow to dramatize the plight of persecuted arctic fowl and mistreated cloven-hooved animals everywhere for this entry:

pnigophobia- having such a fear of penguins as to chop them up and feed them to goats because you are scared their souls will eat your brains

funkytuba, always full of whimsy, wins an inflatable trophy, a full set of soaking wet encyclopedias from Random House, and a giant foam finger that says "go Pnigs!" from the island's lone souvenir shop for the most original, colorful and imaginative travel entry:

Pnigophobia - Island nation whose entire economy and caste structure is based on serving extremely hot soup with raw meat in inflatable bowls

Coffee is awarded a Giant Sailing Trophy engraved with the words
"I Sure Hope You're Having Fun in Baja Right Now, Your Everlasting Bucket O' Smugnessness" for this very clever entry:

Pnigophobia - Fear of the word Ping. Intentionaly misspelled so sufferers could describe their condition without fear.

Jack Flanders, who is currently developing a powerful new breath mint called "Landscaper's Nightmare" (sorry for scooping your PR staff, Jacks) will, as part of her publicity tour, be featured as the eye candy in Broken Social Scene's upcoming video cover of The Police classic "Don't Stand So Close To Me." It is my honor to award her The Gomer Pyle Medal of Honor for her amusing and pioneering entry:

Pnigophobia - Fear of having gopher breath.

madasacutsnake wins, hands down and eyes averted, the prestigious You Must Know My Boss! Award and enthusiastic permission to repeatedly hit him (and anyone else who does this) with small, porous sacks of flour for this socially astute entry:

Pnigophobia -
fear of acknowledging another's greetings lest you should give some ground in the imaginary battle for supremacy which goes on entirely in your head. Like "priggish" but with an "n" for Neulactil.

trisherina once again stands accused of peering into my brain. She wins a plethora of awards for

Pnigophobia: Fear of elaborate Claymation shorts

including the Watch Out For Those Bras and Panties Too! safety poster signed by Will Vinton.
She also wins an all-expense-paid trip to England to tour Nick Park's studios, as well as Now *That's* Claymation! DVD Collectors Edition sets of not only The Complete Adventures of Gumby and Pokey, but The Complete Adventures of Davey and Goliath as well, dammit.

dinzdale wins the brand-new, bright red, all-purpose, heat-resistant
Rubber Apron of Distinction (suitable for parties and evenings out) complete with an attractive little pin that says "Most tasteful use of the word "genitalia" in one of your entries thus far" for

Pnigophobia n.

Irrational fear of a waiter dropping hot soup in one's crotch.

You can tell a sufferer as he immediately cringes forward feigning interest in a conversation, accompanied by one elbow on the table in a vain attempt to protect one's genitalia.
Rational people understand that the only sure way to avoid boiling broth in the nads is to grab and invert the wine bucket over the groin whenever the waiter approaches.

Speaking of ^ , Marcus Bales might have won this round for making me cackle unbecomingly with laughter for obsessively chesting with the dinz again had he not misspelled the target word in the last part of his definition:

pnigophobia -- fear of carpets.

It was Professor Dinzdale's wildest claim that, if he only had the chance, he had the cure for the youngest Nolan Sister's pnigophbia.

His achievement does not go unrecognized, however, and he is now the proud owner of a Confederate flag T-shirt with the words "Rebel Yell" emblazoned across the chest and has permanent bragging rights as "Coveted Second Place Runner-Up" for this round.

Last but not least, it is this judge's opinion that along with a Special Scholar's Award of Restraint and a tiny bronzed Statuette of Visine, dddrum should be declared Winner of this round with his enchanting entry.
I just loved this, and found it utterly delightful:

Pnigophobia n.

The fear that an imaginary Greek letter might vanish.

The next word please, Mr. Triple D!
Brynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2006, 03:54 PM   #1939
dinzdale
King of the patns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brynn
Speaking of ^ , Marcus Bales might have won this round for making me cackle unbecomingly with laughter for obsessively chesting with the dinz again had he not misspelled the target word in the last part of his definition:
That's just too popliteal to qualify...
dinzdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2006, 03:59 PM   #1940
Brynn
constantly amazed

I know. You may qualify for a consolation prize if you keep this up
Old 11-03-2006, 05:36 PM   #1941
dddrum
Amateur Human

WOWSERS!!!

(I live for this, you know. )

I also trust you realize that my def is absolutely the genuine article, in the alternate universe wherein this imaginary Greek letter is zealously guarded by an elite and supersecret cadre of cognoscenti that has been popularized in a famous Hollywood motion-type picture. No, I'm not talkin' bout them Opie Deus doods. Perhaps you recall... The Pnights Who Say Pni?

(Oh praise de Lawd, can ah get a rimshot!)

Anyway, ladles and gelatin, the pneu word just might exactly be:

fabrefaction

Now coin responsibly!
Old 11-05-2006, 01:53 AM   #1942
xfox
slightly effective

fabrefaction truth so outlandish as to be unbelievable.

Her date with Gill Ziff was memorable. He was into neon, and his Alka Seltzer ad was the best.
xfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2006, 02:04 AM   #1943
trisherina
meretricious dilettante

fabrefaction: Lying about rot.

"If I don't win, the awards show loses credibility," Kanye blurted in a stunning burst of double-edged fabrefaction.
trisherina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2006, 08:32 AM   #1944
Marcus Bales

Location: In a coign of the cliff between lowland and highland, at the sea-down's edge between windward and lee, walled round with rocks as an inland island, the ghost of a garden fronts the sea.
fabrefaction - the revelatory outlining of body parts by tight-fitting thin clothes.

Whenas in spandex Julia goes
Then, then (my god!), as cherries pose
On ice cream scoops, each nipple shows.

Next, my eyes, drawn downward, see
Between its opened pod a pea;
Oh, what those nodes arouse in me!
Old 11-05-2006, 11:50 AM   #1945
12"razormix

fabrefaction, n.

1960s slang for poetic justice
12"razormix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2006, 08:49 PM   #1946
Zatoichi
monkey

fabrefaction -- the bare chested, bodypainted Green Bay die-hards who think Brett Favre should remain at QB until he can't change his own Depends.
Zatoichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2006, 09:26 PM   #1947
Jack Flanders
landscaping is fun

fabrefaction, n. a lie about having an orgasm.

Again, she told a fabrefaction when not getting satisfaction.

Last edited by Jack Flanders : 11-05-2006 at 09:35 PM.
Jack Flanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006, 12:33 AM   #1948
Brynn
constantly amazed

fabrefaction - the annoying habit common to motivational speakers and TV shopping channel spokespersons of repeating mundane, and possibly erroneous "facts" over and over in various ways in order to make their concept or product seem even more fabulous than it actually is.

"Discipline yourself! Get up early and catch that worm, because if you do, you will increase your daily creative output by more than 50% - think about it - eventually you will completing your tasks in half the time you used to! If you spend half your life at work, and you cut your work time in half, then that's a quarter of your life that you get back to call your own - perhaps even to put it back into your career so you can retire even earlier than you thought you could - all by getting up an hour or so early each day! And it's not just a worm you'll walk away with, you better believe it!" he gushed in an inspired flood of fabrefaction.
Old 11-08-2006, 02:46 PM   #1949
dddrum
Amateur Human

Exclamation HEARKEN UNTO ME, YO.

JUDGEMENT COMETH
..........and right soon
Old 11-09-2006, 06:48 PM   #1950
dddrum
Amateur Human

Red face Ut oh

Whoops... I have been delayed by a cable outage. Judging tonight, so put the Irn Bru on ice. (We Yanks'll haveta make do with Mountain Don't.)

Use No Tenterhooks,
DDD

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: