ZEFRANK.COM - message board  

Go Back   ZEFRANK.COM - message board > FAST CHAT
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 39 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 07-05-2014, 04:07 PM   #1771
MoJoRiSin
unbelievable

Does Ramadan fasting affect world cup athletes ?
Old 07-05-2014, 04:35 PM   #1772
MoJoRiSin
unbelievable

It is pouring outside here in Houston

Mo is cleaning out her closet

http://m.us.wsj.com/articles/the-new...25123?mobile=y
Old 07-14-2014, 11:08 AM   #1773
MoJoRiSin
unbelievable

mo once checkeck out one if those Huge coffee tables books from the library
"India"
And she told herself she was going to start at the beginning and read every word (there were many) but a couple of weeks went by and she had not even picked it up... So one the way back to the library she decided a at a stop light to open to a random page and contemplate the words...."the Mogul so and so sent far and wide for best artisans and scholars and some friar or some such came to teach him Christianity Mo alswats likes to think
That hour a day east the high point of his day
You know
For both of them
Old 08-16-2014, 02:52 PM   #1774
MoJoRiSin
unbelievable

"the sun is the moon and an old o is really a beautiful young maiden" ???

Well I had actually typed m a n
oh well
whatever
Old 08-26-2014, 12:50 PM   #1775
MoJoRiSin
unbelievable

. " Frost " spent the years 1912 to 1915 in England, where among his acquaintances was the writer Edward Thomas. Thomas and Frost became close friends and took many walks together. After Frost returned to New Hampshire in 1915, he sent Thomas an advance copy of "The Road Not Taken."[1] The poem was intended by Frost as a gentle mocking of indecision, particularly the indecision that Thomas had shown on their many walks together. However, Frost later expressed chagrin that most audiences took the poem more seriously than he had intended; in particular, Thomas took it seriously and personally, and it provided .....

Read the rest here:
Wikipedia

Last edited by MoJoRiSin : 08-26-2014 at 01:38 PM.
MoJoRiSin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2014, 05:20 PM   #1776
MoJoRiSin
unbelievable

You are receiving this email because you subscribed after viewing or sharing a story on LifeBuzz.com. To stop getting these emails, you can easily unsubscribe by clicking here: Unsubscribe

•"Laughter is the shortest distance between two people.” -Victor Borge•

You'll love this awesome dance video, it's Christopher Walken!

Plus an inspiring story of a man who built his dream home for only $4,000. And there's more! Have a great weekend!

Today's Most Talked About Stories...
Every Christopher Walken Dancing Scene, Perfectly Synced Into One Video.

He Built The Home Of His Dreams For $4,000 In Just 6 Weeks!

This Stuffed Dog Is About To Play The Ultimate Prank On These Dogs.

The First 3 Minutes Of This Had Me Crying. The Rest Made My Day. Wow.

After You See This, You’ll Feel Like You’ve Traveled The World.

Facebook
Q: Why am I getting this email?
A: You subscribed to our newsletter at LifeBuzz.com to receive daily updates with the best stories and content

Q: Why don't I remember subscribing?
A: We only email people who give us their permission. You probably shared one of our stories on Facebook or Twitter, and then entered your email in the signup box that popped up. If you don't remember doing this, or if you don't want to receive our emails, it's easy to unsubscribe!

Q: If I got this email from a friend, how do I sign up?
A: Just go to LifeBuzz.com, click any post, and then enter your email in the signup box.

LifeBuzz, 401 E. Las Olas Blvd Suite 130-396, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33301, United States
You may unsubscribe or change your contact details at any time.
Old 10-25-2014, 01:53 PM   #1777
MoJoRiSin
unbelievable

i read somewhere the other day .....
Which is so ridiculous to me!
Let's at least have a book club here!
If you don't agree then please say why not
~~~~~~~~~~~<
"Jeremy Irons is one of the finest Shakespearean actors to ever live. His Henry IV is a sharp contrast to Whishaw's Richard. Richard is pious, noble, weak-hearted, and entirely eligible to be king. Henry is strong, prepared, diligent, hard, and a usurper. And there you see the problem. Richard was the rightful king, yet he was not a good ruler. Henry was a traitor, banished by Richard, yet it was he should sit on the throne of England. It was not until Henry's son - Prince Hal, would sit on the throne of England as Henry V, that England would have a ruler that was both ready and legitimate.

And as Prof. Peter Saccio (a renowned Shakespearean scholar) points out, overthrowing a king (as in what Henry IV did to Richard II) proves to others that a king can be overthrown. So it is with great certainty that Irons's Henry proclaims: "Uneasy lies the head that wears the crown."
Old 11-05-2014, 02:23 PM   #1778
MoJoRiSin
unbelievable

speaking of "Bridge Over Trouble Waters
has anyone besides myself
ever read about the song on Wikipedia
and questioned the account of why the original
in the museum is in his fathers handwriting?
just wondering
Old 11-22-2014, 11:06 PM   #1779
MoJoRiSin
unbelievable

6 of 8 people found the following review helpful
"You are going to go to Julliard and play the cello... or you're not"
By Paul Allaer TOP 100 REVIEWER VINE VOICE
on September 25, 2014
Format: DVD
"If I Stay" (2014 release; 106 min.) is the big screen adaptation of the YA novel of the same name by Gayle Forman. As the movie opens, we are introduced to Mia (played by Chloë Grace Moretz), a HS junior, and her family (mom and dad and her little brother Teddy). We are also introduced to Adam (played by Jamie Bleckley), a senior whose indie band is getting noticed in and around Portland. Mia, on the other hand, is a cellist. Then, about 10 minutes into the movie, Mia and her family are involved in a terrible head-on car collusion. The rest of the movie plays out at the hospital and in flashbacks. To tell you more would spoil your viewing experience of this plot-heavy movie, you'll just have to see for yourself how it all plays out.

Couple of comments: first , this is the debut fiction feature for director R.J. Cutler, a long time Award-winning documentarian, who has bought us move like The War Room, The September Issue, and American High. "If I Stay" couldn't be further away from any of those. Second, music plays a HUGE role in the movie, both rock and classical. Mia is quasi-obsessed with her cello, and it provides an out for her insecurities of not belonging. And while I enjoyed a lot of the (indie) music that is featured in the movie, there are way too many 'cool' music references in the movie (Adam wearing a Sonic Youth T, Mia's dad having a Husker Du poster in his study room, Mia dressing up as Debbie Harry, etc. etc. it just doesn't stop). There is such as thing as overkill, and it made the movie feel less authentic, rather than more authentic. Third, there are some great performances in the movie, none more so than Chloë Grace Moretz, a 17 yr. old playing a 17 yr. old, imagine that! (Compare that to the recent "Breathe In", where Felicity Jones, in real life in her late 20, plays a HS exchange student). Blackley is okay as Adam, and his singing is decent. But the best performance actually comes from Stacey Keach, as Mia's 'gramps' (check out the scene in his pick-up truck when he drops Mia off at her house). Last but not least, there is a nice soundtrack for this movie, available here on Amazon, with a bunch of nice sounding indie music as well as 4 or 5 songs from the fictitious band fronted by Adam. The "deluxe" version also brings some of the classical music featured in the movie.

The movie opened about a month ago in late August here in Cincinnati and the matinee screening where I saw this at today was attended okay but not great. Not surprisingly, the audience was overwhelmingly female. I ended up enjoying the movie more than I expected. Regardless of your age, if you don't care much for music, I'd stay away from this, as music plays front and center. Bottom line: if you are in the mood for something different that the endless stream of action movies and comic book super heroes that Hollywood has been throwing at us this summer, I'd suggest you check this out, be it in the theater or on DVD/Blu-ray.
Comment Was this review helpful to you?
Yes
No
on[COD[/code]
Old 12-09-2014, 08:40 PM   #1780
MoJoRiSin
unbelievable

where everything is random....

Random Person of the Day:The Phoenix and the Turtle is an allegorical poem about the death of ideal love by William Shakespeare. It is widely considered to be one of his most obscure works and has led to many conflicting interpretations.[1] It has also been called "the first great published metaphysical poem".[2] The title "The Phoenix and the Turtle" is a conventional label. As published, the poem was untitled. The "turtle" is the Turtledove, not the shelled reptile.

The poem describes a funeral arranged for the deceased Phoenix and Turtledove, respectively emblems of perfection and of devoted love. Some birds are invited, but others excluded. It goes on to state that the love of the birds created a perfect unity which transcended all logic and material fact. It concludes with a prayer for the dead lovers.

Last edited by MoJoRiSin : 12-10-2014 at 11:25 AM. Reason: new day, new random person
Old 12-15-2014, 01:39 PM   #1781
MoJoRiSin
unbelievable

have you ever read the story about Meg Ryan's mother?
when Meg was only a teen her mother packed
up her pinto and moved to New York City and
became the private secretary to a Mogul?
did this help her in any ?
you be the judge
ps in the beginning tjere was the word and the word
was with God
Mo sees that as the truth

Last edited by MoJoRiSin : 12-15-2014 at 02:42 PM.
Old 12-16-2014, 07:05 PM   #1782
Frieda
in limbo

I got up early, at 5.30am, to get to the office in time, and STILL ended up in a traffic jam of 1,5 hours. Bah.

oh yeah
Frieda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2014, 04:29 PM   #1783
MoJoRiSin
unbelievable

Since the invention of the internet, my job is much easier

for example
when i have a random thought I do not need to remember which book, locate the book and then exact page Then I don't need to figure out if the post office is open etc
and so fourth and sew on....
"During his adventures, Jack Flanders encounters several jukeboxes, each with a different theme.
Whirlitzer of Wisdom – This is the first jukebox discovered, and the only one outside of the Fourth Tower. For the price of a dime, it plays various wisdoms by people such as Ram Dass and Don Van Vliet (billed as the Venerable Van Vliet). Its name is based on the classic Wurlitzer jukebox.
Great Green Jade Jukebox – This is the second jukebox discovered, inside the Fourth Tower. It is able to bring a city to life, replaying encounters in the order of the tracks on the jukebox, starting with track #1. In order to reach the next step, track 2 must be played, and so on.
Bodhisattva Jukebox – This is the final jukebox discovered inside the Fourth Tower. It features the song "Kirtan" by Bhagavan Das, and listening to it brings understanding. The characters' heads and arms expand, in a way similar to a story of the bodhisattva canon.
Lotus Jukebox – Source of the haunting music (1950's songs). Although this is what he is searching for in The Fourth Tower of Inverness, Jack Flanders does not find it until The
Ah-Ha Phenomenon."
Old 02-16-2015, 04:43 PM   #1784
MoJoRiSin
unbelievable

Biography[edit]
The middle child of three whose parents suffered from an unhappy marriage, Brown was born in the Greenpoint neighborhood of Brooklyn, New York,[1] granddaughter of Benjamin Gratz Brown. In 1923 she attended boarding school in Switzerland, while her parents were living in Canterbury. She began attending Dana Hall School in Wellesley, Massachusetts, in 1926, where she did well in athletics. After graduation in 1928, Brown went on to Hollins College in Roanoke, Virginia.
Following her graduation with a B.A. in English[1] from Hollins in 1932 Brown worked as a teacher and also studied art. While working at the Bank Street Experimental School in New York City she started writing books for children. Her first was When the Wind Blew, published in 1937 by Harper & Brothers.

copy and pasted from wikipedia (thanks be unto you Jimmy Wales)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p41x...=RD_Uk_6WWy0RA

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...Wise_Brown.png
Old 03-16-2015, 04:23 PM   #1785
MoJoRiSin
unbelievable

not sure why i am posting this

not at all sure
the first few minutes have all i have seen

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C2OQhHCVzMg

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Elizabeth Gilbert
March 12 at 9:39am ·
"A LETTER TO MY STUMBLING BLOCK"
Dear Ones -
The highlight of my trip to Australia (aside from some really delicious family time) was this conversation I had onstage at the Sydney Opera House with my dear friend, the author and musician Rayya Elias. ...
See More

Rayya Elias & Elizabeth Gilbert: 'Sex, Drugs & Hair' (All About Women 2015)
Rayya Elias built up a lifetime of stories by the time she was 25, and a few more in the decades after. Joined by her friend Elizabeth Gilbert, who encourage...
YOUTUBE.COM
Like · · Share · 1,093162467

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: