ZEFRANK.COM - message board  

Go Back   ZEFRANK.COM - message board > FAST CHAT
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-06-2007, 12:40 AM   #46
auntie aubrey
excursions

dear auntie aubrey @18

1) you're right to fear turning 30. it just happened. it's as bad as you think it will be. unfortunately the deal you struck with the devil to halt your aging at 23 will turn out to be a big lie. you'll figure that out on your 24th birthday.

2) remember how they told you that writing is all fine and good as a hobby, but it's not a sensible career because no one makes money that way? they lied to you. but go ahead and major in something else, you'll find your way back to writing in no time and the detour will make you a better person.

3) keep on holding out for mr. right. it's okay to set your standards high and patience will prove to be the greatest virtue when you meet the man of your dreams. he'll come along, and when you meet him you'll know that all of your decisions that led you to this place were right. but word to the wise, he snores. start sleeping with earplugs now.

4) hug your mother. love your mother. cherish the time you have because you don't have much longer to cherish it. sorry, but sometimes god just doesn't care. learn to depend on yourself. embrace independence. someday you're going to have to be all the family you need.

5) be a better friend. people aren't nearly as interchangeable as you think they are. someday you're going to look back and miss the people you left behind.

6) next year you're going to get an opportunity to work at a condom store that sells adult novelties of a sexual nature. take the job. it's going to be a blast.

7) on oscar night of 1997, remember to put your cannister of mace in your jacket's breast pocket. it will literally save your life. what doesn't kill you will only make you stronger. so let's make very sure it doesn't kill you.

8) someday the sci fi network is going to release a re-imagining of battlestar galactica. i know it sounds impossible, but it will happen. and you're going to really enjoy it. don't forget to tivo it. by the way, a thing called tivo will be invented someday, too.

9) it may be impossible to believe, but you will someday identify a band other than depeche mode as your favorite. you will also realize that other people don't enjoy listening to depeche mode even a fraction as often as you do. someday, in fact, you won't even enjoy listening to them anymore. and then what will you do with your collection of bootlegs? i can't answer that for you. i'm still trying to figure that one out for myself.

10) worry less. pick up a copy of the tao te ching. read it several times. look into the teachings of epicurus. learn to let go. be easier on yourself. try to release. just worry less.

auntie aubrey @23 + 7
Old 01-06-2007, 03:54 AM   #47
trisherina
meretricious dilettante

(mmm, Depeche Mode)
trisherina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2007, 06:45 AM   #48
madasacutsnake
no more nice girl

Dear Snake @ 18,

When you are thirty-four you will write a letter to yourself that you will spend the next two years of your life ignoring. It's a wise letter. I recommend you take its advice immediately.

The big decision? It paid off but at a price. It would never sit right with you to let something go so don't, no matter who tells you to and how many times they tell you to, Never Let It Go. The price isnt too high to pay but be warned, there is a price.

Love,

Snake at 35 and 11 months xxx

Last edited by madasacutsnake : 01-06-2007 at 07:03 AM.
madasacutsnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2007, 07:32 AM   #49
LeahDear
monkey

WOW, this is a beautiful thread! Maybe it's just the January blues/post-xmas comedown but quite a few of these brought a tear to my eye.
LeahDear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2007, 08:59 AM   #50
craig johnston
dalai clique

Location: tea leaf towers - home of fine musical entertainment
re depeche mode:
yes, they are the pits - but they have a huge
following in germany. those bootlegs could be
worth big bucks! (or euros)

Old 01-06-2007, 09:40 AM   #51
Hyakujo's Fox
left hanging

Location: between the click of the light and the start of the dream
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeahDear
WOW, this is a beautiful thread! Maybe it's just the January blues/post-xmas comedown but quite a few of these brought a tear to my eye.
It has that "Post Secret" feel to it.
Hyakujo's Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2007, 12:08 PM   #52
auntie aubrey
excursions

Quote:
Originally Posted by craig johnston
re depeche mode:
yes, they are the pits - but they have a huge
following in germany. those bootlegs could be
worth big bucks! (or euros)

ebay would probably be the simple answer, but then there's the part of me that has a personal association with every bootleg and what i went through to track it down. which makes me too sentimental to let them go. even though they're just living in a big plastic tub in the closet.
Old 01-06-2007, 12:54 PM   #53
xfox
slightly effective

dear xfox@18

Culturing self awarness is worthwhile. Where are your sunglasses? You're not too young for hats, either.
xfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2007, 01:35 PM   #54
ambo
feline, naturally

Dear Ambo@18,

LOWER YOUR EXPECTATIONS. People suck. You can tell them the truth; they will lie to you. You can love them; they will not return your love. You can be reliable; they will let you down time and time again. You can trust them; they will betray you. You can open your heart to them; they will break yours. They will tell you thatís just how it is. It is. Some will even tell you itís all in your head. It isnít.

There will be a few that treat you with genuine kindness. Try not to hold them responsible for all the others. Lavish upon them all the love you can.

Donít leave Biscuit at UC Davis. She will die there alone, and you will NEVER forgive yourself.

Once you leave (and you will), donít go back to New York. It will be a life-sucking waste of seven years. Stay where you are; find a new job; change what you donít like. But donít go back.

Sincerely,
Ambo @50
Old 01-06-2007, 02:31 PM   #55
Audreyvgs
Blue's Clues

Dear Audrey @ 18.

Do whatever the fck you're goanna, cause you're not goanna listen anyway.

Audrey@51
Old 01-07-2007, 05:04 AM   #56
priceyfatprude
girthy pickles

Dear Auntie Aubrey @ 30,

I know what you can do with those DM bootlegs, and I have a PM box.

xoxox

Peef @ 32
priceyfatprude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 12:48 PM   #57
dickieC
Professional ZeMonkey

Dear dC @18

My, aren't you serious. Lighten up!

You need to learn that girls are just like boys. Only with boobies. The best way of finding this out for sure is to go and grab hold of a pair. Remember to ask nicely first.

What do you mean, you don't know how? Just ask, dammit!

dC @31
Old 01-08-2007, 04:10 PM   #58
FJeff
Procrastination Olympiad

Dear FJeff @ 18:

Enjoy life while you can. When you are 19, you will dive in front of a falling boom-pipe to save Jean. It will change everything, forever, but you regret nothing. Not even for a second.

You will spend over a month fighting for your life in ICU. You will be diagnosed with a blood-disorder you have had your whole life. You will have several strokes because of it which will complicate your injury. Christmas night you flat-line, and no one comes to visit you when you are revived. Make sure your game-boy is within reach. It keeps you from giving up. You'll also have to kiss that ivy league stuff goodbye, but don't think about that now. Enjoy learning. Before you leave for the last time you meet your husband, and he is everything you secretly want in a man. Take comfort in that.

You do walk away a better person. You will never again take for granted the precious dignity of using the bathroom by yourself. You will have more meaningful conversations with people over seventy from this point on. (and without the morphine, honey you wouldnt have quit smoking for LOVE OR MONEY and you know that.)

Re college: The short hair doesnt work on you, and working 3 jobs as a full time student doesn't work either. Even for you. On your 19th birthday: Your instincts are right: grab. the. gun. Grab it, and don't let go.

Stop trying to parent your brother.

Cheating on John is an important life lesson; don't worry about your integrity. You never cheat again, and Damn, it was fun for awhile, wasn't it? (psst. cheating is your subconcious' way of breaking up so you dont have to)

When you are 20, you think long and hard about adopting a violently abused traumatized mess of a huge lab-mutt. You will have literally, no money for food, but please, take him home with you. You share ramen noodles for a year before finding real work and he toughs it out with you. He keeps you warm when you shiver, and he thanks you daily for his life till the end of his days. He is your best friend, and he is indeed flawlessly house trained. (Oh, and Kids do weird things. When they rainbow-stripe that dog with your hair dye, don't worry. He's fine. Laugh. It is very, very funny.)

People laugh now for the SPF routine, but they look old now and YOU missy still get kicked out of Dave and Buster's. 30's not so bad when your skin care habits are as preventative as yours. People still think youre 17 in the right lighting. (When Rei mocks you because "manic-panic makes you look 15" you take that and you run with it. Go you. Natural shades are for old folks. Punk Rock for Life.)

Keep wearing a bra like it's life support. You'll be glad you did.

Love,
Yourself

P.S. You're still awesome.
FJeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 10:03 PM   #59
Jaime
Gone Daydreaming

Dear Jaime @ 18,

Before you do anything, write a Thank You note to your drama teacher. Now. He deserves it. He inspired you, changed you, and practically got you into college. While he might seem fine now, he doesn't have much time left.

Stop hiding behind your boyfriend in social situations. I know you're afraid of being rejected, or thought of as stupid, but you're not in elementary school anymore. These people like you. Get to know them better, so when your relationship ends, it won't feel like they're more like your boyfriend's friends then they are yours.

Stop pushing yourself so hard. I know you want to lose weight, but you're hurting yourself. I'm sorry to say that the shoulder isn't better yet, and is probably worse because of the strain you've been putting on it. Don't be self-concious about it either. It's not your fault that you feel tired all the time, and you shouldn't do things that hurt you just so you can please other people. Also, while you will not lose any weight, you will feel better about yourself, and that's more important.

Oh, and please try to pay more attention in David's class. I know it's deep and confusing stuff, but the sooner you understand it, the better you will be at acting. Trust me, he will help you so much over the next few years. Appreciate what you've got.

Much love,

Jaime @ 21

P.S. In a few years, you will go to TGI Fridays for dinner. Don't order the chicken quesadilla. Not only is it not very good and full of tomatoes, but it will give you the worst food poisoning you can imagine.
Jaime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 10:55 PM   #60
auntie aubrey
excursions

Quote:
Originally Posted by priceyfatprude
Dear Auntie Aubrey @ 30,

I know what you can do with those DM bootlegs, and I have a PM box.

xoxox

Peef @ 32

i swear, i don't listen to them anymore but i can't bear the thought of parting with my collection. maybe someday but not today.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: